• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

a rugby app for rugby fans

maxhale

Academy Player
I am a student and keen software developer and I love rugby. I have wanted to build an app for quite some time but I haven't gotten round to it. I wanted to ask the community if there is some interest in this and any ideas anyone has to make it great. It will definitely include rugby scores, fixtures, stats and TV Channels (my biggest peeve). The app will be free with a few ads because paywalls suck for this stuff.

Please reach out by email ([email protected]) or by responding if you have any questions or ideas!

Hi Mate,

Glad I came across this post. I've been thinking about a proper app way too much and I have a lot of ideas. Also happy to work with you on this from the UI/UX side.
Straight away the main functions that would be great to have:

- Live Scores
- iOS Live Activities (No rugby app has this and it's my number one request)
- TV Channels for games
- Competitions
- Game stats
- Team and competition news
- Game highlights (Youtube)
- Podcast(s) links - could be a partnership etc
- Link to purchase tickets (nice to have)
- App community/forum

Again happy to work with you on this, I can send you over an email too.

Cheers,
Martin

Hi Mate,

Glad I came across this post. I've been thinking about a proper app way too much and I have a lot of ideas. Also happy to work with you on this from the UI/UX side.
Straight away the main functions that would be great to have:

- Live Scores
- iOS Live Activities (No rugby app has this and it's my number one request)
- TV Channels for games
- Competitions
- Game stats
- Team and competition news
- Game highlights (Youtube)
- Podcast(s) links - could be a partnership etc
- Link to purchase tickets (nice to have)
- App community/forum

Again happy to work with you on this, I can send you over an email too.

Cheers,
Martin
Thank you for the reply, you've got some great ideas! I would love to hear more of your thoughts, drop me an email and we can discuss further. I am interested to know more about your expertise.

Links to live streaming audio commentaries of games would be a huge one for me. As an American I love listening to audio of games but have almost no success finding commentaries for Super Rugby for example. One of the best things about the AFL app is the links to streaming audio of every game. I think that Marin's idea about podcast links would also be nice

Latest posts