• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Demo For Ps2

just got my PS2 demo in the post from GameStop.ie ...

... so there is a demo and some game stores do have it ... I'm away to give it a go now ... yeah!

i have a better idea...who has the demo why don't share it with all of us
<
?

Originally posted by ranator@Mar 3 2005, 02:07 AM
good idea...i think it's totally legal to share a demo
to be honest i don't care if it is legal or not.lol

14 more sleeps till it cumz out... im juz gonna bite the bullet and wait... cant be stuffed playing demo's their so frustrating becoz wen u play it u just want the whole game even more!!! wut does the demo give u? 1 game between the same two teams?.... stink... hahaha

Originally posted by 187@Mar 3 2005, 03:53 AM
14 more sleeps till it cumz out... im juz gonna bite the bullet and wait... cant be stuffed playing demo's their so frustrating becoz wen u play it u just want the whole game even more!!! wut does the demo give u? 1 game between the same two teams?.... stink... hahaha
its better sumethin than anything.id rather playing a single game with r2k5 than to have the will of playing rugby 2k4 to wait. I did it bfore and im still keep washin my hands.
<

u dont hav to play R2004, i dont even own it no more... i been passing time by reading... just finished reading this really good book called "The Jester"... its real good, gotta go to the book store and get me another book, might grab John Grishams new one, "the broker" i think it is...

Originally posted by 187@Mar 3 2005, 04:56 AM
u dont hav to play R2004, i dont even own it no more... i been passing time by reading... just finished reading this really good book called "The Jester"... its real good, gotta go to the book store and get me another book, might grab John Grishams new one, "the broker" i think it is...
the problem with me is i don't like reading at all.
<

well i will hang out with my friends and girlfriend to make time pass

sean, I'm taking that you haven't received your yet (you said it should be with you today) Possibly tomorrow then?

lol yes captain, he sent from Ireland yesterday so I cannot expect today. I will come on and give my verdict when I have played is, Raziel has not even given us a review!

Originally posted by sean43@Mar 4 2005, 08:05 AM
lol yes captain, he sent from Ireland yesterday so I cannot expect today. I will come on and give my verdict when I have played is, Raziel has not even given us a review!
Cool. Looking forward to hearing what you, and Badboy, and Raz if he decides to write a review about it, have to say.

Maybe everything has been said about it. The only thing now is to actually play the game and see how it sits with everyone's respective tastes.

You think so, but you remember my posts last week. I think I must review it. There have been too many of the same reviews. Maybe becuase the game is really very good or these people just are in denial

I will find out tomorrow

Click on the link and find the demo on the page. Then simply click 'Buy It Now' that is if you a registered with ebay

As far as a review goes Sean43 ... I'd thought enough had been said about the game (seeing as people have actually had a go at the full version) without me giving my ha'penny's worth on a demo...

I will say that it is very enjoyable (but in a real rugby style as opposed to WCR's arcade style)... the demo is only on easy mode so after a few games it started to become easier to score and defend, something which I'm sure the other difficulty settings will make amends for. I should point out that the AI has varied its tactics on a few occasions, from sniping runs from a ruck, to spreading it wide, to drop goals, crash ball etc... which has been refreshing to see! And I still get points scored against me... its not always 24-0 in my favour (tho this may be a reflection on my playing ability and insistence to attempt to kick to the corners to get in some practice)

One aspect I have enjoyed is ... even when you are in the try area, it is possible for the defending team to hold the ball up and not get the score... I had started to believe that once you crossed the line, it was def a score... but having tried to mess about a bit and carry the ball under the posts (thinkin it didn't matter if I was tackled), I was pleasantly surprised to have the ball held up and a scrum given against me (Ithink it was against?)
Also, it is also possible to knock somebody back from the try line whilst they are in their score-diving animation ... I've been able to achieve this on a few occasions with the diving/spear-like tackle (using X) whilst an opposing player was practically crossing the line (diving across it) and managed to push him 2-3 yards back

I'd def give the game a big thumbs up ... my only question mark is over the longevity of the game... but I'm hoping that playing as a smaller club team (Ulster) and trying to win the the Heineken Cup/World League should negate the easy wins that you might achieve with the better international teams...

P.S anybody got any helpful info for BigPappaPump on a diff thread ?

Nice one Raz.

Can I ask, how are you finding the kicking aspect?

Is it satanic, or slowly becoming playable and dare I say enjoyable, the more you use it?

I've always enjoyed the kicking tactic in rugby, so perhaps I'm biased and looking through rose-tinted glasses ... but I have to say I think it is pretty playable... a couple of points I've made:

1 - you do need to give the ball to you're best kicker, because (from what I've seen) there are substantial differences
e.g Johnny can kick really well, and it is regular to beat the fullback with a kick and find touch whilst achieving a good bit of ground. He can get better distance on his drop goal attempts then his Aus counterparts aswell. Even on the Aus team, Larkham does not have the same range as ("insert name for some reason I can't remem")... and with Robinson (i think due to his greater pace) at fullback for England, he regularly scoots about and collects any long kicks I attempt that initially land 10-15 yards from the touch line... I need to be more accurate when playing against England.

2 - on side view, pushing up/down will change the aim to either sideline and pushing left or right varies tha ball trajectory (high & short, lower and long)... whilst combined with this, the longer you hold X for will also help increase distance put on the kick... so you need to find your happy medium between how far you want to kick and how close to touch you want to get with the kick ... (or the fullback will catch them with glee if you go for distance without sticking tight to the touchline)

3 - for grubber's you need to be a decent distance away from a player to get any range in the kick ... if you are bursting through the defence and see the full back charging for you... you have to make sure the chasing players are more then 3-4 steps behind you before attempting to grub a kick past the oncoming fullback, otherwise you get tackled and more often then not make a knock-on. I think grubbers are prob best left for a FH or center to knock wide into space for a winger to chase

4 - Up and Under's are pretty hit and miss, similar to real life, you prob loose more then you win, but knock-ons can occur with them so it can work in your favour

a final point I'll make is, I've not been able to get as much range in my drop goal attempts as seen in the Uruguay v Australia match... I think the Uruguay kicker got his over from from the 10m line, whilst so far my best with Johnny has been about the 30m area ... and drop goals are not too difficult from sideview... there is def a good weigh up between chancing it and missing or running the ball and not getting that try...

I hope thats not too convoluted to understand... I'll reread it and see for myself!

Latest posts