Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Undecided

• Total voters
U

umosay

For those who have played the game, does it live up to expectation?

I'm undecided, but thats just the PC version

The hype was pretty huge, but I tried to keep a level head about it. In doing so it defiantely did live up to my expectations, it's a good solid rugby game. You couldn't ask for too much more than that only 18 months since that last catastrophe.

yeah game is very good but i voted undecided as i have an atil card(9600xt) and the max res is 1024x768.

Voted Yes, this game is very good, lived up to the hype. In some ways the game is better than i thought it was going to be, even after all those vids.

I don't recall this game receiving any hype.

Just because we talk about it here doesn't mean it was highly-anticipated by anyone but us!

i thought it would be better than rugby 2004 but i didn't imagine it would be so good.
also seeing locksley's videos didn't get me excited. he just must be terrible at the game

When I found out EA Canada was doing it instead of EA Queensland, I was pretty sure it would be really good.

I'd say it's one or two steps from amazing.

Online would be a vast leap ahead.

I guessing EA are either

1) lazy not too put online play on it

or

2) they are waiting till the game is more popular.

Hopefully next year.

What hype?

This game is actually fun and I enjoy playing it. Still surprised when I see the EA logo flash across.

Well done EA -- not bad for their first installment into a rugby video game series.
<

yeah, the first has been thrown out of the window. lets just hope they continue with the effort

Despite the many downsides and mistakes and shortcuts, this game is still somehow a whole lot of fun!!?? So I guess it was better than I expected, even though I was very disapointed by the player editor and the like, I still grin ear to ear when i play. Well see how long it lasts!

oh forgot to mention im playing on xbox. Played ps2 version aswell but couldnt say the same about it, it should be called twitch out 2005. Ps2 owners, as long as you dont see it running on pc xbox youll be none the wiser, so stear clear for your own good.

Downsides are the attacking AI they are just hopeless!!! and of course the "tactic" (if you dont know i already then you dont need to know) which is a big offense problem, although im happy to say on hard mode it does not work nearly as well!! Kicking in general play is ok once mastered, but grubbers and bombs are just awful and difficult to pull off, and when you do, the ball physics are just plain crazy!! Penalties against the AI are non existent, they will collapse a maul or scrum close to the line, but thats it! The inability to edit some of the F***kd up player stats(Rokococo 85 speed!!) Its gonna take some serious practice to get the hang of special moves, they are tough to pull off. There are lots of ****les, but its still a shitload of fun!!!

Insant replays rock!! you can zoom right in rotate, slow mo, just like other ea games(no saveble replays though)

Anyone who dosent know about the "tactic" can find out in an old thread ill find out which one.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Mar 17 2005, 11:19 AM
Insant replays rock!! you can zoom right in rotate, slow mo, just like other ea games(no saveble replays though)
You're talking about the replays you can watch yourself, right? Where you go to the menu?

Yeah, they're very cool, only, I don't like not being able to take the camera off the ball. Know what I mean? Like, I'd like to look around the stadium, watch a try from an apparent specatator point of view as the players fly by, but you can only follow the ball . . .

Game Rocks !!!

Theres only 2 things that im disappointed with, 1 sub at a time and

you cant move ur players around on the field

eg: if u start Matty Burke at Full back at the start of the game u can't
Move him into the centers halfway through the game!! and that sux cause i used to use that feature in World League all the time ........in Rugby 2005
<

Other than those little problems i love the game !!
<

Yeah, I hadnt noticed the ball stuck to camera thing, damn! so its not completely on par with other ea games, maybe next year!!

If you could save replays id be running out of room on my xbox hard drive!!!!!
every trie I score is so cool!!
Novelty will probably wear off soon(hope not)

Originally posted by CeeJay@Mar 17 2005, 11:38 AM
Yeah, I hadnt noticed the ball stuck to camera thing, damn! so its not completely on par with other ea games, maybe next year!!

If you could save replays id be running out of room on my xbox hard drive!!!!!
every trie I score is so cool!!
Novelty will probably wear off soon(hope not)
go look at fifa.. they stick to the ball too.

Originally posted by esoj@Mar 16 2005, 07:01 PM
yeah game is very good but i voted undecided as i have an atil card(9600xt) and the max res is 1024x768.
I have a 9600pro and only get 800x600...whats going on? Running it with 4xAA enabled and it is still running smooth.

Latest posts