• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Difficulty

I only change view for drop goals, i like thew challenge of defending in side view, it will make this game last alot longer.

heres a thought for side view players

why not pause and switch view as soon as flyhalf gets the ball to slot one over... then switch back

??

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 16 2006, 10:35 PM
I only change view for drop goals, i like thew challenge of defending in side view, it will make this game last alot longer.
genius, that's what I've been doing wrong, I've been playing on classic and I'm alsmost starting to be assured of a win....I will change my view...You're a genius Ceejay, pure genius

10 minute halves is what I prefer as well. When I got the game I thought I'll have it on 20 but it is too long, I can get 2 matches in instead.

BTW Bokean, the assists does work on Elite (don't know about the cpu assist feature)

Well, i just played my first game on elite. I was nz against england. In the first minute i broke the line with colins, popped it to sivivatu, try. Too easy. I missed the kick and went on to lose 38-5. It was on 5 minute halves aswell.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 18 2006, 01:20 AM
Well, i just played my first game on elite. I was nz against england. In the first minute i broke the line with colins, popped it to sivivatu, try. Too easy. I missed the kick and went on to lose 38-5. It was on 5 minute halves aswell.
:lol:

Man, I want this game now.

Started Rugby 06 with what I thought was vast experience so being a "hard man" i went straight for world league, elite difficulty of course using Cardiff just because i like lomu. Soon after realising i didn't have Lomu - which wasn't a big deal as the game is awesome. Anyway I had lost 4 games in a row and generally got raped blind by every team, but then the transfer window opended and as any n00b would do I bought as many players as I could as fast as i could, but 1 name did suprise me, f***ing Victor Matfield. I nearly feinted as I believe him to be one of the best second rows in the world, and his high 80ish rating meant he owned in division 3. I gave him the captaincy and he helped me not to get raped anymore, i did however lose another 4 games in the row (some were quite close though, with matfield scoring 4 tries in total). So 8 games played 8 lost and next thing i knew i was sacked. Just about to start again but sticking with elite difficult because i'm not a pussy. I'm sure to come crawling back tomorrow with my ass in my hand and sacked again though.!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by josh9@Feb 18 2006, 11:17 AM
1 name did suprise me, f***ing Victor Matfield. I nearly feinted as I believe him to be one of the best second rows in the world
THE best... not one of the best

great stories guys, cant wait to get my hands on a copy

Does anyone know how to win scrum on elit, does it get better as your team improve. How can you find out how long a guy is injured?

Ye game over if your bad enough to get fired from a bottom of the lowest division. There are messages about how long a guy is out for and why. I own scrums wherever probably due to matfield who is the best (for you Bokean)

Yeah, nut how bad do you hav to be, if i hav one bad season do i get fired? Im already 1 win and 5 losses in my first season. Where are the messages about injuries?

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 19 2006, 11:07 AM
Yeah, nut how bad do you hav to be, if i hav one bad season do i get fired? Im already 1 win and 5 losses in my first season. Where are the messages about injuries?
I am playing as England and although at first I struggled on Elite i got to the stage I was beating most teams. What I found dissapointing was that the top three southern hemisphere teams were not nearly as good as I expeyted. I beat all three on my first attempt! Howver, I have weakened my team a bit and in my next three matches I got thrashed, so I guess its just a case of getting things balanced. Its amazing how much difference just one or two good players have on this game!! Anyway I think I have created a good team for the world cup. Most of my star players have gone but still a solid England team, a bit like the one we see today!

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 20 2006, 11:51 AM
I am playing as England and although at first I struggled on Elite i got to the stage I was beating most teams. What I found dissapointing was that the top three southern hemisphere teams were not nearly as good as I expeyted. I beat all three on my first attempt! Howver, I have weakened my team a bit and in my next three matches I got thrashed, so I guess its just a case of getting things balanced. Its amazing how much difference just one or two good players have on this game!! Anyway I think I have created a good team for the world cup. Most of my star players have gone but still a solid England team, a bit like the one we see today!
I have noticed that the ABs are much harder to beat after I edited them than before. Holah, Weepu and Smith are better players than the likes of Soialo, Kelleher and Mauger, and it shows.

Well Fellas after a long weekend of non-stop playing - i have conquered and owned EA2006...but all is not lost

I was the REDS..........WAS................

got promoted to Elite league and had 4 games, beating the Brumbies n TAHS

My REDS were devastating

With killers like

CAUCAU
Jack
Charvis
Danielli
Jones
Dawson
and many other stars

I then get an offer.........the offer i was dreaming for..............Coach the TAHS

I jump on without hesitation..........their team is not as good as my ole REDS, and my matches were close again but not too difficult...Sailor and Tiquiri do help...they had a big trading history so they lost many players, and gained some....but not very good players....bank balance was in trouble, but some good wins go me back, and only just, was only able to afford G smith* and no-one else

I take them to the TOP........Win Elite division......the REDS pummeled, and just avoided relegation without my services.

I get some bonus $$$, and buy Robsinson, for next year, finally re-building into the powerhouse they deserve to be..........i see HABANA and CARTER lurking in the market, and will get them when available.

I unlocked playing as home team v Lions for winning Elite League

The game is not as hard as Rugby2005, if you dont want it to be
If you take risks in defense with x tackle or even high shots, you will get punished.
If you play boring, and kick all the time, play terriritory and not possesion u will win.

but playing the Lions with australia, is by far the harest thing ever......it took me 5 tours to finally win one..........Wilkos kicking is BS.........the whole backline is star stutted.

Not far to go till clicked, a few more NH tournies and the 10 nations.

I find the ultimate challenges are in the Internationals............with more star players per AI team does more damage to the user....... :cheers:

I have never had so much fun, regardless of the ease some of it has turned out to be, coz some of the tries and so variant and bloody jaw dropping.

Latest posts