• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Do enormous children annoy you?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Do enormous children annoy you?[/b]

Only when they land on my food.

I thought that was the ref - the fella with the ball looks terrified.

He looks like giant among Hobbits :lol: :lol:

I think he is happy for being "unstopable" among these little guys! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually I like Children very much, and enjoy them, very interesting people they are

He also enjoys toys :lol: Bike :lol:
Tom%20on%20little%20bike%20on%20trail.jpg

bbears.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually I like Children very much, and enjoy them, very interesting people they are

I think being tall or small both has pro's and con's.

As I'm almost 2m talls i notice this every day on and beside the field :D

My cousin who I hadn't seen in years, gave me a shock earlier this year when we finally caught up again. At 12 years of age, he's already 6 foot and quite muscular (genetics - his mother's side is like that). And starting to get into playing rugby. As far as I know, he's still in an u13s team... I believe in the second row. The main disadvantage I've heard of putting him into a higher age range is that, mentally, he is still a rugby beginner... so he's better suited still in U13s!

****, i hate enormous kids.
The amount of pummelings i had from the fatties and lankies back in school is crazy: someone lands you a hospital pass and someone the size of your older brother is there putting you on your head!
Luckily those guys can't even catch me on the field now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Oct 15 2008, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think being tall or small both has pro's and con's.

As I'm almost 2m talls i notice this every day on and beside the field :D[/b]

I was not about the tall or short stature, I was admired by the guy (in the first post link) who looks like mule among kids ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Aug 5 2008, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was always taller than most of my teacher when I was 10-11.
Now I'm still of the tall guys.

I agree that it must look funny but you can't excluded people from playing rugby with kids from their own age cause their tall, big, small or green.

For the same amount of rugby he is n't even that good in it, on the other hand he can be a a deadly assault weapon :cheers:[/b]

they do (try to) have restichtions, say a kid is 9 & weighs 55kgs, they won't let him play in the U9 grade, they'll put him in like the U11 grade. my little 10 yr old cousin plays in the U12 grade, & i remember my older bro when he was still at intermediate (11 & 12 yrs olds) he had to go play college level rugby coz he was too big haha

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chingnow @ Oct 14 2008, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yeah when you are big at that age then you will own everyone but then later on youll be same as everyone else.[/b]

Exactly, its actually really bad for the development of the player

it's not so bad every team has to have some kind of advantage, in one of my games against a team from surrey (surrey girls scare me to begin with) but one of their girls was easily nearing the 300lbs mark, when i tried to tackle her it was like hitting a brick wall, but just go low on them and pull their knees together and down they come (right onto my arm, so i couldn't roll away, i'm just glad the ground was soft, or i probably would have had a broken radius and ulna Dx )

I've seen one of these "huge kids" before, i was on the bus home, and this boy got on the bus, and his buddy was sitting next to me, and they started talking rugby, so i...kinda listened in (they were right next to me after all), and I thought the boy who got on the bus, while having a baby face was about 17/18, then the boy who was next to me goes to his other friend sitting across from him "how old do you think this guy here is?" buddy answers "18?" the guy goes "no man! 14! turning 15 in two months!"
So this guy who has the body/muscle build/facial hair of a 20 year old turns out to be a 9th grader, i was thinking in my head "This is the type of guy that rugby coaches dream of"

But anyways, just cause that kid isn't a little scrawny midget, doesn't mean he should be viewed as "annoying"

Sorry mate, I don't think you've understood what I meant. I didn't mean the individual was annoying, I meant that the advantage they have and the stunted development skill-wise they will have is annoying.

My Brothers 13 and hes big, god id hate have him running at me if i was their age lol

Never bothered me playing against people bigger than me. Better to learn how to deal with monsters young...

I think this guy is a bit more than kid :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

But main is to think like a child :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I adore kids

kids-rugby.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Aug 5 2008, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
personnally i think its a disadvantage for the big kids too. if they can just burst through all these guys half their size theyre not going to learn the skills theyll need when they come up against someone the same size as them[/b]

Exactly. They have had early growth spurts. They will learn no technique as all the do is charge through, no probs. However when everyone else catches up and becomes that size, they're goners as everyone else has technique and they has none. So its a short term advantage but they will see the effects in a couple of years time when they are the same size as everyone else.

Really big people annoy me, I got swung around last Saturday in a trial game and ended up destroying my shoulder for the second time this year, didn't help that the guy spear tackled me, didn't roll away, and I got penalized for being stuck ontop of the ball..... but yeah Big PEOPLE in general annoy me.

When I was 16 I was like 1.78 mts, that it's relatively big in my country, and when I played in my age groups ( U17) I played against some small guys and when I play against small people,I am kind of inhibited because I thought it was unfair to the other small guys, so I played like 50% of my capacity, but when I started to play with the seniors I felt like liberated to unleash all my brute force ,It's like a sense of competition that I have, that when the bigger its my opponent, the better that I have to play to balance the situation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
16 I was like 1.78 mts[/b]
That was like the average size of my First Team last year :S, and they were the smallest first team we have had for years.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Apr 30 2009, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
16 I was like 1.78 mts[/b]
That was like the average size of my First Team last year :S, and they were the smallest first team we have had for years.
[/b][/quote]

haha :D ,now im totally different with my 1.81 mts :p

Latest posts