• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Do you see any shocks in the WC coming up?

Well I don't see why Argentina qualifying for the quarter final would be seen as a shock, an upset maybe but a shock no. They're ranked in the Top 8 in the world coming into the tournament so that's the minimum they should be aiming for in terms of tournament performance.

It would be a shock if Samoa beat England, it was a shock that Ireland only beat Namibia by only 15 points.

No none at all Australia or New Zealand will win it this year. [/b]

No chance for SA? given that they will most likely have an easier route to the final.

<div class='quotemain'> No none at all Australia or New Zealand will win it this year. [/b]

No chance for SA? given that they will most likely have an easier route to the final.
[/b][/quote]

I cant them winning they will go far for sure but i don't think they will win.

Well personally I thought the Tonga v Samoa result today was something of a shock. Perhaps not the most stunning shock in world cup rugby sure, but I really felt Samoa would have been big favourites for that game. I thought they would have been fired up and gunning for a chance at pipping a demoralized England to second spot.

Can't see it happening now though.

I dont know why people would call Tonga beating Samoa a Shock take a look at the Head to Head 27 wins for Samoa 23 wins for Tonga thats a closer Rivalry then New Zealand and Australia where the Head to Head is in NZ's favour by a considerable amount.

I dont know why people would call Tonga beating Samoa a Shock take a look at the Head to Head 27 wins for Samoa 23 wins for Tonga thats a closer Rivalry then New Zealand and Australia where the Head to Head is in NZ's favour by a considerable amount. [/b]
because tonga lost the last nine games to samoa including getting thrashed in the pacific nations. you know what would be a great shock? the defending champs not making the quarter finals, GO TONGA!!!!! :lol2tn:

it's a long shot and bound to **** people off.... but france to knock out the all blacks in the quarters. alternatively england or south africa to beat the wallabies in the quarters.
[/b]

Sadly that won't happen. South Africa will qualify first, Tonga second I fear.

Besides, I can see South Africa beating Australia this year; they have a good side that I think can go all the way.

it's a long shot and bound to **** people off.... but france to knock out the all blacks in the quarters. alternatively england or south africa to beat the wallabies in the quarters.
[/b]

i can see the france thing as a shock but south africa beating australia wouldn't suprise me, and if england got wilkinson on the padic and barkley is fit they have two awesome fly halves at there disposal which has proven to be the backbone of a successfull world cup. not saying that australia are gonna lose because they won't just that it wouldn't be a shock if they did.

AB'S to knock out aus in the semi's and then lose in the final to portugal 3-0 :D
[/b]

ha ha ha "nice" :lol:

**** it. I have nothing to lose and being realistic hasnt made me feel any better. So bring back the blind optimism!

Ireland to beat France and France to exit at the group stages.

Slim chance of it happening, but there is a chance. If it does happen, that would be one of the biggest shocks in WC history (France exiting, not Ireland beating them).

Not really a shock to some people probably but I can't see England qualifying on the form being shown at the moment.

I think Scotland will do well in the quarters possibly reaching the semi's.

shock of the wc will be england and france/ireland not making the finals...

tonga making it through

and argentina making it to the semi finals...

shock of the wc will be england and france/ireland not making the finals...

tonga making it through

and argentina making it to the semi finals... [/b]

Ireland out wouldn't be a shock, given the pool has 3 teams with the ability to beat each other. France out would be a bit of a shock. Tonga making it through and England not would be huge. Argentina to the Semis? not a shock given their pedigree over France and world ranking.

Tonga beating Samoa is probably the biggest shock so far, other than the nearly biggest rugby upset ever in Georgia-Ireland.

Ireland/Argentina, Ireland has to score 4 tries not to be kicked out while argentina needs 1 bonus point to bi first of the pool

Latest posts