Dragons v Biarritz

Discussion in 'European Champions & Challenge Cup' started by LydiatesGirl, Dec 15, 2009.

1. LydiatesGirl

LydiatesGirl Guest

thoughts and predictions?

Jason Tovey, Ashley Smith, Dan Lydiate and Luke Charteris are out, Matthew Watkins is a doubt

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. dullonien

dullonien Guest

I'm not giving them much of a chance after last week and that injury list! Suppose we never know though with a French team playing away, and the Dragon's unbeaten record at Rodney Parade this season.

4. It'll be a close one. Dragons have a point to prove, and the french are away. More importantly, Biarritz are away, and they suck nard away. Usually. I'd say something like 18-13 Dragons.

5. LydiatesGirl

LydiatesGirl Guest

i think it will be tough - and it doesnt help with losing Dan, Tov and Charteris. Ashley said last week that hes hoping to be back in january (month later than expected), also heard that Tovey and Lydiate are out for a bit - possibly missing both derbies. Not sure on Charteris though or Watkins

6. The BBC says that Lydiate, Smith and Tovey are definatly out, but Charteris and Watkins are 'Doubts'. I thought Gomer-Davis played well last week, though, so I suppose it can't be too bad. And Martyn Thomas isn't bad by any strech of the imagination.

How long are Lydiate/Tovey out for?

7. LydiatesGirl

LydiatesGirl Guest

not too sure about Lydiate (think hes out til new year) and Tovey's hoping to be back for Scarlets on 31st december - but im not sure if its going to happen

8. cyRil

cyRil Guest

Matthew J (lol) Watkins moving to the Dragons must've gone straight over my head.

9. dullonien

dullonien Guest

Doesn't help that he's been injured constantly since arriving.

10. LydiatesGirl

LydiatesGirl Guest

no it doesnt help

Dragons team:
    15 -Martyn Thomas
    14 - Aled Brew
    13 - Tom Riley
    12 - Matthew Watkins
    11 - Richard Fussell
    10 - James Arlidge
    9 - Danny Lee

1 - Ali McKenzie
    2 - Steve Jones ©
    3 - Peter Bracken
    4 - Hoani MacDonald
    5 - Rob Sidoli
    6 - Joe Bearman
    7 - Gavin Thomas
    8 - Grant Webb

replacements
    16 - Tom Willis
    17- Hugh Gustafson
    18- Gethin Robinson
    19- Lewis Evans
    20- James Harris
    21- James Leadbeater
    22 - Shaun Connor
    23 - Rhodri Gomer-Davies

11. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Guest

I do not really rate Matthew J Watkins at all. He has a bit of pace but thats about it, he made no real impact at Gloucester. I wish the dragons all the best, they are going to have to play much better than last week.

12. LydiatesGirl

LydiatesGirl Guest

to be honest ive never actually seen him play - well paid attention anyways - il look tonight

13. LydiatesGirl

LydiatesGirl Guest

just had an email about the game from the Dragons and theres a pitch inspection at 6:30pm by referee and officials and if it is called off it will be rescheduled for tomorrow at an alternate venue

14. cyRil

cyRil Guest

Do people reckon they'll show Sale on Sky if this game goes down?

15. LydiatesGirl

LydiatesGirl Guest

not sure - might do

16. LydiatesGirl

LydiatesGirl Guest

MATCH CANELLED
    rearranged for tommorow at Llanelli

17. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Guest

At Llanelli??? Of all the places to move it to, surely there is somewhere at the region? Or nearer there?

18. cyRil

cyRil Guest

The Brewery Field hasn't seen any decent rugby for about 5 years. Could've gone there.

19. LydiatesGirl

LydiatesGirl Guest

could have gone anywhere

Pandy Park's close enough :) - theres no game there

apparantly Newport rfc's match is still on for tomorrow and its at Rodney Parade

20. Olyy

Olyy Guest

Parc-y-Scarlets is swish as hell, probably got superpowered underpitch heating to keep it playable on

21. dullonien

dullonien Guest

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!