• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dragons v Biarritz

L

LydiatesGirl

thoughts and predictions?

Jason Tovey, Ashley Smith, Dan Lydiate and Luke Charteris are out, Matthew Watkins is a doubt

I'm not giving them much of a chance after last week and that injury list! Suppose we never know though with a French team playing away, and the Dragon's unbeaten record at Rodney Parade this season.

It'll be a close one. Dragons have a point to prove, and the french are away. More importantly, Biarritz are away, and they suck nard away. Usually. I'd say something like 18-13 Dragons.

i think it will be tough - and it doesnt help with losing Dan, Tov and Charteris. Ashley said last week that hes hoping to be back in january (month later than expected), also heard that Tovey and Lydiate are out for a bit - possibly missing both derbies. Not sure on Charteris though or Watkins

The BBC says that Lydiate, Smith and Tovey are definatly out, but Charteris and Watkins are 'Doubts'. I thought Gomer-Davis played well last week, though, so I suppose it can't be too bad. And Martyn Thomas isn't bad by any strech of the imagination.

How long are Lydiate/Tovey out for?

not too sure about Lydiate (think hes out til new year) and Tovey's hoping to be back for Scarlets on 31st december - but im not sure if its going to happen

Matthew J (lol) Watkins moving to the Dragons must've gone straight over my head.

no it doesnt help

Dragons team:
15 -Martyn Thomas
14 - Aled Brew
13 - Tom Riley
12 - Matthew Watkins
11 - Richard Fussell
10 - James Arlidge
9 - Danny Lee

1 - Ali McKenzie
2 - Steve Jones ©
3 - Peter Bracken
4 - Hoani MacDonald
5 - Rob Sidoli
6 - Joe Bearman
7 - Gavin Thomas
8 - Grant Webb

replacements
16 - Tom Willis
17- Hugh Gustafson
18- Gethin Robinson
19- Lewis Evans
20- James Harris
21- James Leadbeater
22 - Shaun Connor
23 - Rhodri Gomer-Davies

I do not really rate Matthew J Watkins at all. He has a bit of pace but thats about it, he made no real impact at Gloucester. I wish the dragons all the best, they are going to have to play much better than last week.

to be honest ive never actually seen him play - well paid attention anyways - il look tonight

just had an email about the game from the Dragons and theres a pitch inspection at 6:30pm by referee and officials and if it is called off it will be rescheduled for tomorrow at an alternate venue

At Llanelli??? Of all the places to move it to, surely there is somewhere at the region? Or nearer there?

The Brewery Field hasn't seen any decent rugby for about 5 years. Could've gone there.

could have gone anywhere

Pandy Park's close enough :) - theres no game there

apparantly Newport rfc's match is still on for tomorrow and its at Rodney Parade

Parc-y-Scarlets is swish as hell, probably got superpowered underpitch heating to keep it playable on

Latest posts