An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Dragons.png
Edinburgh.png

Dragons v Edinburgh
Venue: Rodney Parade
Date: Friday, 26 September Kick-off: 1930
</div>

Edinburgh summer signing Jim Hamilton will make his first start of the season for the visit to Wales to face Dragons, but lock Steve Turnbull is out injured.

Calum MacRae, Simon Webster, David Callam, Simon Cross, Roland Reid, Ben Cairns, Ross Rennie, John Houston and Matt Dey were already missing.

Dragons say they will keep their feet on the ground after last week's first win of the season in Ulster.

"I must emphasise that we haven't won anything yet," said captain Tom Willis.

"We've got to keep working if we are to continue to grow.

"It's been an intense four weeks for me personally, we are a young team, so it's work in progress.

"But, if we keep our heads down and work hard, we'll do better."

Andrew Hall returns from a back injury to boost the Dragons' over-stretched resources at lock.

Kevin Morgan, Martyn Thomas, Andy Williams and Marc Stcherbina remain on the injury list.

Williams has suffered a setback in his recovery from a back injury and requires further assessment, but flanker Dan Lydiate could return next week, continuing his rehabilitation from a neck injury with Pontypool this weekend.

The Dragons have not beaten a Scottish side at Newport's Rodney Parade since downing Glasgow in March 2007.

Edinburgh - whose 32-12 win against the Scarlets last Friday was their first victory of the season - have not lost in Wales since April 2007.

They have won their last three clashes with Welsh sides, but have only won two out of 10 games in Newport.

Edinburgh prop Allan Jacobsen, who celebrated his 30th birthday, is set to make his 200th appearance for the team of his birthplace.

"It is difficult to put into words what playing for Edinburgh means to me; I just love being able to represent my city," he said.

"Obviously a lot has changed since I was first involved with Edinburgh, but I have enjoyed every minute of it so far and I'm looking forward to many more years here at the club.

"Reaching my 200th appearance is definitely a big thing for me and my family, but at the end of the day it is just a number."

Jacobsen starts in a line-up without first team captain Mike Blair and second row Ben Gissing and coach Andy Robinson highlighted the need to rest players during the season.

"It is incredibly important that we manage every member of our squad efficiently otherwise we will lose key players through injury for long periods during the season," he said.

"We have made the decision to give Mike a week to rest and also named Giss (Ben Gissing) amongst the replacements in order to ensure they remain injury-free."

Dragons (from): Phillip Dollman, Jason Tovey, Gareth Wyatt. Richard Fussell, Rory Sidey Ashley Smith, Marc Stcherbina, Rhodri Gomer Davies, James Arlidge, Shaun Connor, Wayne Evans, Tom Isaacs, Adam Black, Hugh Gustafson, Tom Willis (capt), Steve Jones, Rhys Thomas, Gethin Robinson, Adam Jones, Andy Hall, Luke Charteris, Adam Brown, Joe Bearman, Grant Webb, Jamie Ringer, Richard Parks.

Edinburgh: Chris Paterson, Andrew Turnbull, Hugo Southwell, Nick De Luca, Mark Robertson, Phil Godman, Greig Laidlaw, Allan Jacobsen, Ross Ford, Geoff Cross, Craig Hamilton, Jim Hamilton, Matt Mustchin, Alan MacDonald, Allister Hogg (captain).
Replacements: Andrew Kelly, Gavin Kerr, Ben Gissing, Scott Newlands, Ben Meyer, David Blair, Jim Thompson.

Referee: Peter Fitzgibbon (Ireland)

BBC Sport

Dragons 11-9 Edinburgh

Dragons (11) 11
Tries: Fussell. Pens: Connor 2.

Edinburgh (6) 9
Pens: Patterson 3

Newport Gwent Dragons held on to win their second game in a row in a scrappy and tense Magners League match against Edinburgh at Rodney Parade.

Wing Richard Fussell's 21st-minute try ultimately proved the difference, with Shaun Connor adding two penalties.

Full-back Chris Patterson kept Edinburgh in touch with three penalties to earn a losing bonus point.

But Phil Godman and then David Blair were wide with drop-kicks that would have snatched victory for the Scots.

Patterson set Edinburgh on their way with a sixth-minute penalty when the Dragons were penalised for dropping the scrum.

But Connor eased the Dragons ahead with two kicks, the second a hefty 45-metre effort after Edinburgh wing Mark Robertson was penalised for not releasing.

Edinburgh thought they had a try when Andrew Turnbull raced through, only for referee Peter Fitzgibbon to call them back adjudging that Hugo Southwell's pass in the build-up had drifted forward.

Instead it was the Dragons who crossed the whitewash successfully as Gareth Wyatt and Phillip Dollman conjured space for Fussell to squeeze in at the corner.

Connor missed the tricky conversion and a second Patterson penalty trimmed the Dragons' half-time lead to 11-6, although the full-back was also wide with a drop-goal attempt.

The second period was nervy and tense, with Patterson's 49th-minute kick leaving the match poised on a knife-edge.

The Dragons wasting several good openings to stretch their lead as both wing Fussell and full-back Dollman went close.

Edinburgh could, perhaps should, have made the hosts pay, but first Godman and then replacement David Blair were wide with drop-goals.

In the end it was down to the Dragons pack to shepherd the Welsh side home, the forwards driving patiently into Edinburgh territory to keep the ball under control and the win in the bag.

BBC Sport

Latest posts