• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2023/2024 Round 7 Fri 1 Dec Munster v Glasgow (7.35pm) Sat 2 Dec Bulls v Sharks (1pm)

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Round 7

Fri 1 Dec Munster v Glasgow (7.35pm)

Sat 2 Dec Bulls v Sharks (1pm)

Sat 2 Dec Cardiff v Scarlets (3pm)

Sat 2 Dec Lions v Dragons (3.05pm) Live on BBC Wales

Sat 2 Dec Ulster v Edinburgh (5.15pm)

Sat 2 Dec Stormers v Zebre Parma (5.15pm)

Sat 2 Dec Connacht v Leinster (7.35pm)

Sat 2 Dec Benetton v Ospreys (7.35pm) Live on S4C

Back at home and access to a few key players. Also "only" Zebre... If we can't use this one to get back to winning ways then I don't think we have any hope.

I still feel optimistic going forward at home for now. We lost all those games, but one thing that kept performing was our forwards which I thought would be a bit of a struggle. Against Cardiff that was all we had but didn't convert it into much. What was going really poorly was an amazing amount of unforced errors. I really have a question mark of why we didn't continue with Blommetjies at flyhalf over JLDP, as I think JL didn't really do himself any favours in any of those performances, and wasn't kicking for poles either. He doesn't get the backline running like Blommetjies did or Willemse/Libbok can (granted, I know it's a different weather experience up north, but still). Gelant was definitely the worst offender in the Cardiff game. Knocking the ball on almost every time he had the ball looking for an offload or runnning the ball in one hand. I think he desperately needs Libbok and Willemse back who are like-minded in terms of offloads to gel. Without them, he has struggled.

Back at home, with Boks back in decent 21 degree weather - the team should put in a decent performance.

I still feel optimistic going forward at home for now. We lost all those games, but one thing that kept performing was our forwards which I thought would be a bit of a struggle. Against Cardiff that was all we had but didn't convert it into much. What was going really poorly was an amazing amount of unforced errors. I really have a question mark of why we didn't continue with Blommetjies at flyhalf over JLDP, as I think JL didn't really do himself any favours in any of those performances, and wasn't kicking for poles either. He doesn't get the backline running like Blommetjies did or Willemse/Libbok can (granted, I know it's a different weather experience up north, but still). Gelant was definitely the worst offender in the Cardiff game. Knocking the ball on almost every time he had the ball looking for an offload or runnning the ball in one hand. I think he desperately needs Libbok and Willemse back who are like-minded in terms of offloads to gel. Without them, he has struggled.
That's about it yes. Blommetjies went surprisingly well at 10. Difficult to say how much of the backline capitulating is down to jldp and Gelant and how much it is merely the conditions. Or whatever else.

Back at home, with Boks back in decent 21 degree weather - the team should put in a decent performance.
If only it could be 21. 34 today. Haven't checked Saturday yet though.

Munster: Shane Daly; Calvin Nash, Antoine Frisch, Alex Nankivell, Seán O'Brien; Jack Crowley, Craig Casey; Jeremy Loughman, Diarmuid Barron (C), Stephen Archer; Edwin Edogbo, Tadhg Beirne; Tom Ahern, John Hodnett, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Scott Buckley, Dave Kilcoyne, Oli Jager, Fineen Wycherley, Brian Gleeson, Conor Murray, Rory Scannell, Alex Kendellen.

1701350715418.png

Glasgow definitely resting a few and I'm not complaining. I think we should win this by more than a score. Will be Baltic though.

This will be an exercise in man management over the next few weeks for us. We have this match against top of table opposition, then two European games, then two interpros then back to Europe. It's some slog for a fairly injured squad already.

DHL Stormers — 15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Courtnall Skosan, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Damian Willemse, 11 Leolin Zas, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Herschel Jantjies, 8 Evan Roos, 7 Hacjivah Dayimani, 6 Deon Fourie, 5 Ruben van Heerden, 4 Adre Smith, 3 Neethling Fouche (captain), 2 Joseph Dweba, 1 Kwenzo Blose.

Replacements: 16 Andre-Hugo Venter, 17 Ali Vermaak, 18 Brok Harris, 19 Connor Evans, 20 Marcel Theunissen, 21 Paul de Wet, 22 Clayton Blommetjies, 23 Suleiman Hartzenberg.

We'll see if Gelant looks more comfortable with Libbok and Willemse partnering. Zebre are looking decent- more middle table than bottom- so should be a good test on the one side but still expecting not a ton of pressure so should be a good game to "bed in" / reset. If we can get the line-out going and not rush the attack we really should get max points at home.

Good win last night. Seems like we battered them, but had zero maul defence. only saw the highlights, but the rugby we played looked lovely. Ahern and Edogbo are going to be monsters for us. Nankivell and Frisch may be the best rounded centre pairing we've had in a long long while. I'm confident Frisch will get caps this year.

Well, Munster burst my bubble this week. But Glasgow will move on and get back to their winning ways. 👊

Was expecting Cardiff to be back to reality, but jesus that was awful!!!!
Scarlets may well only win 4/5 games this season, and 2 of them have been v us somehow.

The red card seemed ludicrous in the stadium with the player jumping into the tackler

Was expecting Cardiff to be back to reality, but jesus that was awful!!!!
Scarlets may well only win 4/5 games this season, and 2 of them have been v us somehow.

The red card seemed ludicrous in the stadium with the player jumping into the tackler
Clear leg lift from Elis which caused the rotation in the tackle. I think red was justified personally.

It was an entertaining game. Some cracking try's scored by both sides. Scarlets made the extra man count with some well taken try's out wide.

I'm really liking the way Sherratt is mixing his sides up at the moment, and they're generally playing well, even if the results aren't always coming. Macenzie Martin being a good example yesterday who showed some signs of promise + a few errors.

Ioan Lloyd continues to impress at 10. With Owen Williams and Will Reed looking like dogshit for the Ospreys and Dragons respectively, Lloyd must be a shoein for the 6 nations now.
Ospreys could have beaten Benetton but for some stupid errors in the last quarter.
Ospreys should be gutted not to win that game. Despite fielding a very inexperienced side, they were by far the better team. Unfortunately a couple of their experienced players let them down. That pass from Morgan Morris to the young Dan Edwards was shocking, complete hospital pass which resulted in Edwards going off injured. Then Edwards' replacement, Owen Williams was very poor. Missed everything at posts, and gifted Benneton field position for their winning try!

Ospreys should still take a lot from that. A bunch of youngsters really stood up.

The Welsh regions really need to learn how to win again though! We're barely a few months into the season and there's already been numerous examples of Welsh sides losing games they should be winning.

Times are bad when yer getting beat at home by Edinburgh.

If the Dan McFarland project looked like at risk of stagnating last season....

Latest posts