• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2023/2024 Round 13

Munster were shocking. Think we were generally a bit hard done by at the breakdown but generally got what we deserved. Have a long way to go.

Glasgow beat Scarlets 45-3. I expected a Warriors victory, but not by that much. 1711846640479.png Well done!

Starting to actually like our run in that we have as the stormers for the rest of the season. Our two toughest games are at home (Ospreys and Leinster - TBC which team they send out). Then two games away against teams that seem to be struggling at the moment (Connacht and Dragons), with a final home game against the Lions which should be a good clash.

Ahead of us on the table, Glasgow still need to head to SA for 2 games which has proven tricky for most. Bulls are pretty well positioned to push up the table, given only really home/SA games for the rest of the season. Munster also needs to do their SA tour tagged with home based Irish clashes which can be a toss up, mixed in with Edinburgh away. Just below us, Benetton also need to head to SA, as do Ospreys (playing us and the Bulls, which is a rough tour). Ulster have their fate in their own hands having just wrapped up their SA games with a mix of Welsh and Irish clashes, Edinburgh just had a rough time in SA, but in their remaining 5 they have two games against Welsh opposition and two against the Italian teams Connacht seemed to have lost their way and then the Lions similarly have it all in their own hands, with mostly home games for the rest of the season.

Will be an interesting run in.

It really is a sign of the times that you put Welsh opposition in the same category as Italian teams. 🥵
That's so disrespectful to Benneton...

They're leaps and bounds ahead of Welsh clubs, and unlike the 4 Welsh clubs they actually have a trophy in their cabinet in the last decade hahahaha

They're leaps and bounds ahead of Welsh clubs, and unlike the 4 Welsh clubs they actually have a trophy in their cabinet in the last decade hahahaha
LOL. Well actually, Scarlets did win the then Pro 12 in 2017 and Cardiff won the European Challenge Cup a year later.

Our run in is downright nasty. We shouldn't, but we could lose all of those games. Win our two home interpros and snatch a win against the Lions maybe and I will be happy.

We need a win in SA to keep our date in our own hands so hopefully we'll send something stronger than the academy sprinkled with soon to retire and soon put the door guys.

We've never needed to have a proper crack at the SA trip so this could be fun.

I hear you and you might have been hyperbolic when saying leaps and bounds but the table doesn't suggest Benneton are on another planet to Ospreys. They could finish below the Ospreys this season. I wouldn't bet on it though.

I hear you and you might have been hyperbolic when saying leaps and bounds but the table doesn't suggest Benneton are on another planet to Ospreys. They could finish below the Ospreys this season. I wouldn't bet on it though.
The battle for the last three playoff spots is mad.

6-11 within 3 points of each other and a lot of games in SA to be played. I fancy Lions, Edinburgh and another based on schedules, Benetton if they hold home court should be good.

The battle for the last three playoff spots is mad.

6-11 within 3 points of each other and a lot of games in SA to be played. I fancy Lions, Edinburgh and another based on schedules, Benetton if they hold home court should be good.
Yeah, we have Stormers and Bulls away, then a nice easy trip to Ireland to play Leinster followed by Dragons at home last game of the season. So what? A couple of losing bonus points if we're lucky in the first 3 games and hopefully a bonus point win against Dragons. Not optimistic at all and to be honest Ospreys have massively ridden their luck and scrapped through a lot of games this season. Not to take anything away from us as we've been the most consistent Welsh region but certainly going to be a tricky end to the season.

Tipuric's hair do is immense though.

Of course lol.

I would put my money on Bennetton finishing above us all, and for the foreseeable I envisage them being stronger.

Of course lol.

I would put my money on Bennetton finishing above us all, and for the foreseeable I envisage them being stronger.
Yeah fair. Ospreys just play such a boring brand of rugby as well. Hard to really get behind and even harder to see us really progressing.

Yeah fair. Ospreys just play such a boring brand of rugby as well. Hard to really get behind and even harder to see us really progressing.
To be fair o Booth, that boring brand is designed to secure LBP, and beat the chaff of the league.

Beating the likes of 3 regions, Zebre and the odd understrengthed SA club will guarentee champions cup rugby next season.

Cardiff on the other hand, seem to be playing for lBP's, we struggle to go for the W. Those 2 Scarlets losses were devastating, and wouldnt have happened under Dai!!!

To be fair o Booth, that boring brand is designed to secure LBP, and beat the chaff of the league.

Beating the likes of 3 regions, Zebre and the odd understrengthed SA club will guarentee champions cup rugby next season.

Cardiff on the other hand, seem to be playing for lBP's, we struggle to go for the W. Those 2 Scarlets losses were devastating, and wouldnt have happened under Dai!!!
I'm optimistic about both regions going forward. Both appear to have a good crop of youngsters ready to step up.

There could be an argument for Cardiff and Ospreys to be Wales' premier regions, with Dragons and Scarlets becoming more of developmental regions. Could add a third developmental region in North Wales.

I'm optimistic about both regions going forward. Both appear to have a good crop of youngsters ready to step up.

There could be an argument for Cardiff and Ospreys to be Wales' premier regions, with Dragons and Scarlets becoming more of developmental regions. Could add a third developmental region in North Wales.
Is that optimism or delusion?

Cuts in funding again next year, the already bare bones squads need to trim some even more fat ffs.

Is that optimism or delusion?

Cuts in funding again next year, the already bare bones squads need to trim some even more fat ffs.
Squad size is an obvious issue, but both regions have made some decent signings (Sheedy being a prime example). There's a couple of props leaving, which isn't ideal, but both sides already have international alternatives.

Maybe it's a little delusional though!

Squad size is an obvious issue, but both regions have made some decent signings (Sheedy being a prime example). There's a couple of props leaving, which isn't ideal, but both sides already have international alternatives.

Maybe it's a little delusional though!
I mean, signing Sheedy seems decent on the surface, hes similar in level to Debeer, but will offer another option and increase depth...

However, losing Carre, who is easily our most dynamic ball carrying forward, let alone prop, losing a top class SH in Tomos, and rumours of Grady, and Thomas Young leaving...

I mean the 2 big names joining recently, have been 2 college kids coming home after finishing their studies to rejoin the academy.

Cardiff, and ospreys will be weaker next season, guaranteed, and it wouldnt surprise me if all 4 regions finished in the bottom 5 places.

Latest posts