Fri 17 Nov Zebre Parma v Cardiff (7.35pm) Live on BBC Wales

Fri 17 Nov Edinburgh v Bulls (7.35pm)

Sat 18 Nov Sharks v Connacht (3pm)

Sat 18 Nov Dragons v Ospreys (5.15pm)

Sat 18 Nov Munster v Stormers (5.15pm)

Sat 18 Nov Glasgow v Benetton (7.35pm)

Sat 18 Nov Leinster v Scarlets (7.35pm) Live on S4C

Lions team:

15 Quan Horn, 14 Richard Kriel, 13 Henco van Wyk, 12 Marius Louw (captain), 11 Edwill van der Merwe, 10 Sanele Nohamba, 9 Morne van den Berg, 8 Francke Horn, 7 Emmanuel Tshituka, 6 Hanru Sirgel, 5 Willem Alberts, 4 Ruben Schoeman, 3 Asenathi Ntlabakanye, 2 PJ Botha, 1 Corne Fourie

Substitutes: 16 Jaco Visagie, 17 JP Smith, 18 Ruan Smith, 19 Ruan Delport, 20 Ruan Venter, 21 JC Pretorius, 22 Jordan Hendrikse, 23 Rabz Maxwane

This is exactly the sort of winnable game I expect Zebre to lose after their win last time. Cardiff haven't appeared quite as terrible as their points tally would suggest, so it wouldn't be a shock if they won. But Italian rugby needs this win, badly.

Sharks's season realistically over with a loss here.

I think there will be away wins for Cardiff, Connacht, Ospreys and probably Bulls.

This is exactly the sort of winnable game I expect Zebre to lose after their win last time. Cardiff haven't appeared quite as terrible as their points tally would suggest, so it wouldn't be a shock if they won. But Italian rugby needs this win, badly.

I think there will be away wins for Cardiff, Connacht, Ospreys and probably Bulls.
No chance Cardiff winning another game this season, especially an away game.

Granted Zebre and the return fixture at the Dragons are their best shots, but I fully expect our Academy players and semi pros to go to Italy and be beaten by 6-10 points.

With scarlets going to Dublin for probably their 3rd 50 point loss of the season, the Dragons v Ospreys will at least see a Welsh win, one of those rare weekends we cant be white washed...

""Fireworks""

I agree with you on the Sharks' season. I can just see the Sharks lose every game and then take points off of other SA sides with the derbies. Would be so typical of the province.

Assuming thats the u20s Prendergast I cannot believe he, both Byrnes, Sexton and Frawley are all at Leinster. I know its only Scarlets at home but it feels significant he is getting a URC start already. Like he is already well ahead of both Byrnes in the prospective RWC2027 pecking order.

Apologies for my decades long fascination with the Irish backup 10 position.

Assuming thats the u20s Prendergast I cannot believe he, both Byrnes, Sexton and Frawley are all at Leinster. I know its only Scarlets at home but it feels significant he is getting a URC start already. Like he is already well ahead of both Byrnes in the prospective RWC2027 pecking order.

It is indeed under 20 Prendergast. He started a game in Jo'burg last year and has two bench appearances this year. Sexton is gone. 10 jersey is realistically up for grabs, but I think they'll stick with Ross Byrne for now. Prendergast is very talented but if I were Leinster I'd be tentative about throwing him into the big matches.

Since ROG's premature annexation of Humphreys from the 10 jersey it has been quite fascinating. We only had one option at 10 due to lack of options when ROG was there and that Sexton was so unique as a player he couldn't be replaced like for like.

Farrell has a great opportunity to get Crowley significant minutes whilst exposing Sam to the international set up slowly. Do that while giving whoever out of the Byrnes and Flannery is playing best some exposure and it'll be a very different dynamic.

Sexton going isn't a positive and people will try to make it out as such but it is an opportunity to break a restrictive cycle in Irish rugby of being reliant on one player.

two of last seasons under-20's in that 23. Prendergast and sub scrumhalf Fintan Gunne.

Heck, I thought I'd read abour Sexton possibly playing in the next 6N. I am well out the loop.

In more important news, the commentator rightly asks how will Zebre respond the expectation that comes with winning a game. Answer: Cardiff 7-0 up, Zebre missed an easy penalty and the choke is on!

Stormers: 15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Ben Loader, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Sacha Feinberg-Mngomezulu, 11 Leolin Zas, 10 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 9 Paul de Wet, 8 Evan Roos, 7 Ben-Jason Dixon, 6 Willie Engelbrecht, 5 Gary Porter, 4 Ruben van Heerden, 3 Neethling Fouche (captain), 2 Joseph Dweba, 1 Sti Sithole.
Replacements: 16 Andre-Hugo Venter, 17 Ali Vermaak, 18 Brok Harris, 19 Adre Smith, 20 Keke Morabe, 21 Herschel Jantjies, 22 Clayton Blommetjies, 23 Angelo Davids.

Not entirely satisfied but that lineup is already a lot better looking than last week. Halfway better than what we could do without our Bokke I'd say.

After 11 missed points from the tee I think Zebre may have somehow found a worse flyhalf than Carlo Cannae. Zebre turning down a fairly straightforward penalty kick to take a late lead and inevitably not getting a try from the lineout, then concede a long distance try. At least I got to enjoy another Italian false dawn for a week. Roll on 2024/25 :(

Massive result for Cardiff tonight... from the jaws of defeat Zebre were incredible offering the victory for both bunch of bell ends to draw lol.

I'd like to say I have no words, but this feels like Cardiffs season is a success already, regardless of the 15 or so games to go hahahaha

After 11 missed points from the tee I think Zebre may have somehow found a worse flyhalf than Carlo Cannae. Zebre turning down a fairly straightforward penalty kick to take a late lead and inevitably not getting a try from the lineout, then concede a long distance try. At least I got to enjoy another Italian false dawn for a week. Roll on 2024/25 :(
It's not a false dawn if you fail to beat a semi pro Cardiff team lol

Well once again, Cardiff contrive to not win a match at the last minute.
Yeah they are lacking a bit of cohesion and direction at the moment, which I guess can be expected given the large number of player/coaching changes. Dare I say it, missing Turnbull's captaincy and experience and certainly missing a player like Priestland who can control the game as he did last year.

Great to see Haloholo improving each game and a lot of younger players getting game time.

Latest posts