<div align='center'>
Dragons.png
Glasgow.png

Dragons v Glasgow
Venue: Rodney Parade
Date: 11 October 2008
Kickoff - 14:30
</div>

Dragons coach Paul Turner recalls his senior players in a 28-man squad for Saturday's Heineken Cup opener with Glasgow at Rodney Parade.

Captain Tom Willis returns after a slight neck injury, while veteran back-row Colin Charvis is likely to figure.

Prop Adam Black and back-row Joe Bearman are named in the squad but are both injury doubts.

The Dragons face a testing time in Pool Five, where they are up against Bath and Toulouse as well as the Warriors.

Dragons coach Turner opted to rest the majority of his front-line players for last week's EDF Cup win over Newcastle.

But the senior stars return for a match that Turner has targeted as a must-win.

"We know we have to start with a win with those other two to come," said Turner.

"We'll be up against the in-form club of the Guinness Premiership and the Real Madrid of rugby.

"But we've won three on the trot, there's a good feeling about the place and a few players to come back from slight bumps, the squad's in good shape."

The Dragons will be on a revenge mission following their 6-12 defeat to the Warriors in the opening Magners League game of the season at Rodney Parade.

"Glasgow are a good side, we've got something to settle after that last defeat," said Turner.

"We have to keep (fly-half) Dan Parks quiet and play the right kind of game against them.

"There was a dreadful monsoon the night we lost to them and we tried to play too much while they didn't play anything. We've learnt a lot from that."

Glasgow lock Al Kellock said the familiarity of taking on a side from the Magners League could prove positive as his side aim to go one stage further than the quarter-final stage they reached last year.

"The fact that we went down there at the beginning of the season and got a win will give us a bit of confidence," said Kellock.

"There's no unknown factor - for them either - so we can look at the team from earlier on in the season, but I think it's probably a good thing that we're up against a team first.

"I've been involved a couple of times in the Heineken cup with Edinburgh, but for us last year it was a sickener at the end of the season.

"We put ourselves in a position where we could have gone on and qualified, and we've got to be going in to the last couple of games with an opportunity.

"The guys will be even hungrier after last year."

BBC Sport

Home win for me. Might not have the biggest names in Welsh rugby but I like the team spirit at the Dragons something which seems to be missing at times fom the other Welsh regions.

I'd go with Glasgow for this one to be honest, they've already got the win there this season so it's not like their usual away day in the Heineken Cup, so I'd back them to improve their dismal away record.

32 - 22 to the Dragons. Good for them; it's the only win they'll get in the tournamant, though...

Latest posts