• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dubai Sevens

Ah, was hoping for a big Aussie win to put us through ahead of SA
The 19 all draw was as much a turn around in performaces as the XV aside team

Gutted that Skeen hit the post with that conversion against SA

Conversions against the post is something I've seen too many times in matches where my team was the lucky one because of it haha

New Zealand, but Samoa, Fiji, England and Australia could all take it. Biggest upset is Zimbabwe beat Argentina.

even bigger upset, Portugal have beaten England 14 - 12

Last edited by a moderator:
Fiji lost to England in the last minute in their final pool match 26 - 21, Fiji still finish first after England lost to Portugal though,

the number 8 for fiji, i forgot his name reminds me a bit of William Ryder, one moment he can be absolutely brilliant and then the next moment he's screwing up badly costing them a try, and like Ryder his defence doesn't seem very good either, no doubt a smart team like NZ would exploit this as they did to Ryder last year.

the number 8 for fiji seemed to be involved in every try in the whole match, whether it was a try for Fiji or a try for England he had a hand in it lol

the speedster Bole is looking great for Fiji though, incredibly fast

Zimbabwe have been very good once again, in the Commonwealth Games they were very impressive and are continuing this from in this tournament which is great to see, they just need to get their passing better, there were some tries Zimbabwe could have scored against NZ in the pool match if their passing had been better but obviously these guys are still new to professional rugby, so i'm sure they can get better in the future if they keep playing in tournaments like this, they remind me of Kenya when Kenya first started coming up in 7's as a top contender

Cup Quarter Finals:

SAMOA vs UNITED STATES
FIJI vs SOUTH AFRICA
AUSTRALIA vs ENGLAND
NEW ZEALAND vs WALES

Last edited:
the number 8 for fiji, i forgot his name reminds me a bit of William Ryder, one moment he can be absolutely brilliant and then the next moment he's screwing up badly costing them a try, and like Ryder his defence doesn't seem very good either, no doubt a smart team like NZ would exploit this as they did to Ryder last year.

the number 8 for fiji seemed to be involved in every try in the whole match, whether it was a try for Fiji or a try for England he had a hand in it lol

the player is Nacagilevu, this is the clumsiest player i've seen, how he keeps making the starting lineup for fiji is mind boggling, his 1st touch, a crappy pass, 2nd touch, he knocked the ball backwards from an easy pass, 3rd touch, he tried to kick the ball on but missed and kicked one of the south africans in the ribs, after this he missed a tackle which let SA in for a try, after that he missed second tackle which led to SA's 2nd try, and just now he's failed to tackle again which has just let SA in for their 3rd try. i swear SA saw my post about exploiting his poor defence lol
-------------------------------------------------------------

fiji please do not start this guy again until he learns how to catch, pass and tackle. luckily fiji just won the game against SA in the last minute after they subbed him off

Last edited:
Semi Finals:

Fiji vs Samoa
NZ vs England

its gonna be tough for Fiji against Samoa, Samoa's forwards are huge, i think they're the biggest on the whole circuit and they like to be aggressive at the breakdown turning over possession, Fiji have also had trouble at the scrums, i think this game will all come down to possession, if Fiji can score a couple try's in the first half and keep possession it will make things a lot easier, but the last few games between these two teams have been very close, Samoa and NZ have been the two best teams so far imo, but Fiji can lift up another gear against Samoa, i think the last time they met they drew and before that Fiji beat them by 2 points, so if Fiji cut out the soft mistakes and turnovers this should be another close game, i think NZ should be through to the final easy.

What the Dickens?!
England just beat New Zealand, after losing to Portugal yesterday

Samoa v England final

Thr shirts the English are wearing look awful
Infact they look worse than those grey/navy jerseys the XV team used

The colours aren't even English

HT 14-12 to Samoa

Cup Final
Full Time

England 29-21 Samoa

England should have lost just for their shirts

Whatever shirts they played with, it cannot be uglier than this one:

bochum%20aw.JPG

I quite like the new change shirts,

Also: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Can't believe we won that!

Whatever shirts they played with, it cannot be uglier than this one:

bochum%20aw.JPG

Ghastly

Russia had a very good tournament I felt, along with the US

From a Scottish perspective I was pleased with the fightback against SA and France
However thr capitulation against Zimbabwe was tough to swallow
Considering the average age of the squad is 22, I suppose I should be happy with the performance over-all

Bring on George

I don't see how Zimbabwe can still be allowed to participate in sports events with the stuff going on at home.

wow look at Dan Norton for england, this guy is so good he was involved in nearly every try here

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts