• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dummies

C

CeeJay

In the mannual it tells you how to do dummies, but i just presumed it would do nothing like last year, and after trying it over and over it seemed that that was the case. Then in a S14 game with canes, i broke the line with tana and met their fullback with 3 support players outside me, and i sold him a dummy! I went in and scored under the posts. Sadly i hav not been able to do it again, has anyone else had any luck?

maybe if i had the freaking game i could try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in 05 i use the dummy all the time ( PC - keyboard ). especially when my flyhalf receives the ball, 8/10 times i dummied the flyhalf and created a huge gap for my inside centre, it also depends on your players flair stat.

hopefullt its the same in 06!!

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 17 2006, 04:23 AM
In the mannual it tells you how to do dummies, but i just presumed it would do nothing like last year, and after trying it over and over it seemed that that was the case. Then in a S14 game with canes, i broke the line with tana and met their fullback with 3 support players outside me, and i sold him a dummy! I went in and scored under the posts. Sadly i hav not been able to do it again, has anyone else had any luck?
I've not succesfully sold one myself but I've certainly bought a couple off the AI. Touches like this where the AI attacks "intelligently" is great. Dummies, Grubbers the works, they fire everything at you that you can fire at them.

To be honest you can only tell you have done one by the mention in the commentary. The animation is none existant. Why have great animations for step, fend, barge etc and then just leave the dummy one out ?

in 05 you could definatley see that youve thrown a dummie. just depended how long you waited to push the opposite pass button.
its all in the timing.
surely the same feature is still in 06.
( i suppose you can only see the dummy if youre not playing in side view - i only play in classic2)

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Feb 17 2006, 09:41 PM
To be honest you can only tell you have done one by the mention in the commentary. The animation is none existant. Why have great animations for step, fend, barge etc and then just leave the dummy one out ?
I've seen a dummy animation, it's easier to do on the keyboard I've found.

Yeah, the longer you leave it before you press the opposite pass button, the more pronounced the dummy animation is, and although it isn't really obvious, it shouldn't vary from the pass animation or it would be easy to spot! I think they are pretty well implemented, and players with a lot of flair can be devastating with them. Pulled some outrageous ones with Carlos last night, then stepped the fullback and in under the posts... class

waa, dummies working? did they in 05? i always used them soley to hold the ball with the 1st 5, so i could be closer to the advantage line to throw a skip pass.

if they do work, and are easy to use, i will be stoaked

Originally posted by toup@Feb 17 2006, 10:22 PM
Yeah, the longer you leave it before you press the opposite pass button, the more pronounced the dummy animation is, and although it isn't really obvious, it shouldn't vary from the pass animation or it would be easy to spot! I think they are pretty well implemented, and players with a lot of flair can be devastating with them. Pulled some outrageous ones with Carlos last night, then stepped the fullback and in under the posts... class
Ive got the hang of dummies now, they work well in the right situaion, but the situation dosent come very often. Your right about holding the button for longer, you can get some really cool dummy animations by holding down for ages.

Originally posted by CeeJay+Feb 17 2006, 11:44 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-toup
@Feb 17 2006, 10:22 PM
Ive got the hang of dummies now, they work well in the right situaion, but the situation dosent come very often. Your right about holding the button for longer, you can get some really cool dummy animations by holding down for ages. [/b]
I think they work fairly well, the x-box and pc users have and advantage, and I believe it is because of the button setup, it is easier to time the face buttons then it is to time the shoulder buttons. It sort of works like the pump fake button in basketball games, sometime the AI bites on it sometimes it doesn't and thats how it should be.

Latest posts