• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA NASCAR total team control

C

Confused

I borrowed this game from a buddy who is bored with it because he started Resident Evil or some game. Is anyone playing NASCAR? I know it is pretty much a US thing, but with Daytona getting close I need to get pumped for the season. You guys who are not NASCAR fans need to check it out.

Excellent Game, best Racing Game I've played (not the funnest though, that distinction goes to Midnight Club 3). Nothing funner then being neck and neck with a couple laps to go, then getting a team mate to take the guy beside you out and cruise unopposed to the Checkered Flag. If there wasn't so many great games coming up I would buy it but alas I will have to stick to renting it out on Half Price Monday and playing it at my mates place.

I'm an whore for EA Sports games, the only 06 game I haven't played is March Madness.

its a awesome game. changing cars mid way through a race so you can take out the opposition, while you fly ahead - great stuff. its good as, because its not stupid like need for speed underground (aka the lamest game ever) its real racing.

ive got about 1/4 of my 2nd season to go, im in the national championship, and hopefully i will get a contract for a nascar team, so i can earn some money to buy a team in the nascar, otherwise hopefully get some good contracts.

OK,

I started out like I always do with a new game and just dove in. Wow... Better than I thought. No Grand Turismo racing here. If you hit a guy, chances are you will be in the wall and out of the race. I tried a few different races just to check out the controls and went staight for my career "Race to the Top". I placed top 5 in my first two races. I wreck a bunch of guys and it makes them mad. They send nasty messages to me on my cellphone. Pretty funny. In race 2 I punted a guy into the wall and then the next time around he spum me. The funny thing is, my spotter told me to watch out for the guy right before he hit me. Pretty cool. Anyway, if anyone wants to take the time to explain any of the stuff like charity races and the best way to earn prestige etc... Feel free. I'm only two races in and since I never even read the book, I pretty much just drive. I did manage to switch cars and draft a few times. Does anyone change the set-ups on the cars? At this point I just use the default.

Very cool game at least initially. I like almost every EA game. Do I like them because the career mode is so good? If EA Rugby could make a better career mode it would be awesome. How about a race for the Heisman type thing where you pick your position and go through drills. Then from there you can get picked up by a team.

I have some more driving to do...

i dont care for nascar one bit here, i think its too repetative and boring, they need to broadcast less of that **** and more rugby here!

It's all broadcast on ESPN isnt it? We get every race here and it always has ESPN Presentation/Overlays and what not. Blame Fox, didnt they turn Fox Sports World into a Soccer channel?

And Nascar is always fun to watch, better then Indy Karts.

Originally posted by DC13@Feb 1 2006, 12:50 PM
i dont care for nascar one bit here, i think its too repetative and boring, they need to broadcast less of that **** and more rugby here!
NASCAR is great to watch, but you have to pick a driver. Find a sponsor you like and then become a fan of that car. Once you get into it you learn about pit strategy and car set-ups and it's pretty interesting. For the Crew-Chiefs it's like playing 180MPH chess. The strategy part is great.

They would broadcast rugby if people would watch it. That's the problem. And it's awful hard to get a casual fan interested at 2AM.

NASCAR is cool. Last year NBC and FOX had the contract. I think ESPN may be in the mix this year. I don't know...

Anyone get Setanta sports? I watched Super 12 and some Lions matches on there. I think it is only $10 a month if you have direct TV.

Raced some more last night. I beat Jeff Gordon in a 1 on 1 challenge rac, won a couple races, and then got invited to try out for the truck series. It is pretty cool. Your agent (who is annoying as hell) calls you and tells you he has scheduled a tryout. If you beat the target laptime, they offer you a contract.

I also got to try my first charity event. I smacked the wall pretty hard trying make a pass on the outside and ended up backwards. Made my way back to 4th place.

I am making some enemies with my aggressive driving. Fans are up, skill is up, prestige is up, and all is well for my created driver named Heavy Diesel.

Originally posted by DC13@Feb 1 2006, 12:50 PM
I have to agree with USArugger pretty much. I am a huge football fan and didn't start to watch NASCAR until Joe Gibbs (Redskins coach) started in NASCAR with his team, Joe Gibbs Racing. I never really got into it before that. I was interested in how the Super Bowl winning coach would do in NASCAR. I started watching and liked the #18 car and then there was a rookie by the name of Tony Stewart driving the #20 Home Depot car who looked pretty good and he became my favorite driver just by watching him week to week. I can't stand the Busch brothers or Jeff Gordon, but if they drove for Joe Gibbs, I would be a fan. I am not sure what I would do if Tony ever left Joe Gibbs Racing for another team. At this point I am not sure if i am more of a #20 fan or a JGR fan.

NASCAR is great to watch.

Originally posted by Confused@Jan 28 2006, 04:06 PM
I borrowed this game from a buddy who is bored with it because he started Resident Evil or some game. Is anyone playing NASCAR? I know it is pretty much a US thing, but with Daytona getting close I need to get pumped for the season. You guys who are not NASCAR fans need to check it out.
no thank you...ill stick to mah need for speed most wanted
<

Originally posted by Confused@Feb 1 2006, 07:01 PM
Raced some more last night. I beat Jeff Gordon in a 1 on 1 challenge rac, won a couple races, and then got invited to try out for the truck series. It is pretty cool. Your agent (who is annoying as hell) calls you and tells you he has scheduled a tryout. If you beat the target laptime, they offer you a contract.

I also got to try my first charity event. I smacked the wall pretty hard trying make a pass on the outside and ended up backwards. Made my way back to 4th place.

I am making some enemies with my aggressive driving. Fans are up, skill is up, prestige is up, and all is well for my created driver named Heavy Diesel.
I heard you can choose to be a good-guy or a bad-guy. How does that work?

yea fox sports world changed to fox soccer channel, dont get me wrong i enjoy premiership soccer a lot, but i hate having to stay up tilll 2 am to watch a week old match..

idonno i just have never enjoyed nascar a bit, even on sportscenter i dont really care for the highlights..

yea fox,nbc,abc had nascar and a few on espn

This is a great game. I still hate driving with the game controller insead of with a wheel like I do on my PC, but this game is good. I just started my second season and I now own a modified team that is ranked number one and a really crappy team in Craftsman Trucks (It was all I could afford). I think I just made a tactical blunder by accepting a crap sponsor for my truck team. I probably would have been better off without a sponsor until I got my team's reputation up. At this point, I am stuck with a crap sponsor for the whole season... Oh well, I drive one of my modifieds and I also drive a Busch car owned by someone else. I made my guy a fat guy with a goatee named "Heavy Diesel".

anyone,

Have you figured out the superspeedways? I can make adjustments to my car to loosen it up or tighten it up a little here and there for most tracks, but I can barely get enough speed to stay in the draft on the superspeedways. I qualify 40th and only miss last place if there is a wreck. Help please.

Other than that, I am in first place in Busch. Still not even an offer from a Cup team. Strange.

You can't really choose whether you are a hero or a villian. It all depends on your driving style. You have the "share draft" button or the "Intimidate button" you will gain points on one or the other depending on what you do. Wrecking other cars automatically gets you villian points. I personally like to share draft because i like to lock up with another driver and run together because both cars are faster that way. Your ability to intimidate is also based on your rating. SO if you try to intimidate guys but you have a huge hero rating it won't work because everyone else knows you don't just wreck people. The AI is pretty good. They actually block your pass attempts.

Check your car set-ups if you have issues. I could not get my car to turn at Richmond and when I looked the car was set up completely tight. Did not make sense on a short track. So I adjusted the wedge and tire pressure to loosen the car up and immediately started cranking out much faster laps. It all depends on your racing style. I like fast and loose, but it get me into wrecks sometimes.

I have not figured out superspeedways. I was googling for some help and didn't really find any there either.

Heavy Diesel is going to have to drive my truck from time to time. I think the sponsors are going to get ******. I hired a 10-star driver and he only has one top-ten finish. I bought the best car upgrades, the best pit-crew, and the best management and still this guy can't win a race. I demoted him to my modified team and hired a six-star guy for the trucks. We will see.

I messed with the wedge at Milwaukee mile. Holy crap I was fast but almost out of control. I could almost hit the corners at full throttle but in traffic my rear end was kicking out on me.

Superspeedways are tough, but i kind of figured it out. You have to stay as low as possible on the corners to get a good qualifying time.

During the race, you have to draft with other drivers. It seems like you will hit them when you creep up behind them, but at the last second your car will give theirs a little boost and you will be locked in right on the rear of their car and you will both drive faster. It is really hard to take the corners while drafting a guy. Best bet is to run some practice laps and practice drafting until you get reasonably comfortable.

BTW, did you notice I stole your driver's name confused? I bet my Heavy Diesel could beat yours? I have a Cup Car contract now and my teammates are Joe Nemecheck in the 01 Army Car and Scott Riggs in the 10 Valvoline car. I race the 36 Centrix car.

I won Daytona to kick off the season.

I don't care what damn name you use.

Something strange happened. I signed a cup contract and i am getting double points in the standings. I am so far ahead that the season will be over by the halfway point.

Maybe I should sim the season. I am having loyalty issues again. I own a crap truck team and I don't want to sell it to buy a better one.

I wish I could make my own team.

They need free agent drivers too. Not the same cheesy guys. I should be able to hire and fire all the drivers and crew chiefs of every car on the team not just the one that I drive. If I want to fork over the money to hire Jeff Gordon to drive my truck, why not?

USA Rugger,

I tried to give you a negative reputation point for stealing my driver's name, but I don't have 100 posts.

Ripper, hook a brother up would ya??? ha ha

Originally posted by Confused@Mar 11 2006, 02:58 AM
USA Rugger,

I tried to give you a negative reputation point for stealing my driver's name, but I don't have 100 posts.

Ripper, hook a brother up would ya??? ha ha
After I gave you a positive point just for being confused... :D

Get Rugby 2006 and start posting there again...

I will still play NASCAR once in awhile so if you want to keep posting here bud, I will check them out.

Latest posts