EA Rugby 2008 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by CymruAmByth, Feb 14, 2007.

1. legs

legs Guest

I assume that if EA wish to give Hb-studios the go ahead for another money grab, they will call the game EA Sports (hopefully they put IRB in the title) Rugby 2010, and looking at their track record it will either just be the FIFA 09 engine remodeled for rugby, or a polish of Rugby 08. I am hoping that they include my rucking idea, and that it will be released around september next year. This is just me speculating of course, nothing concrete is known at this stage.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. OBF

OBF Guest

is there duplicate players on create a player?

4. OBF

OBF Guest

because i want to give ben foden better stats..

5. hr15

hr15 Guest

no. you need an editor for that, or download a roster mod if you're using the pc version.

6. tristan

tristan Guest

arrr :bravo: thats what you need :p

7. sneijder

sneijder Guest

will it be available in all versions

8. 5sj73

5sj73 Guest

anybody know if there is gonna be rugby 2010?

9. hpcillie

hpcillie Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SJ Lock5 @ Apr 10 2009, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I don't know, but would be awesome if they make it availible for the PS2.

10. 07jackc

07jackc Guest

Nothing's been announced as such, but we do know that HB Studios are working on 8 projects, 2 of which are nearly finished.
    Who knows if one of them is a rugby project lol.

11. welshglory

welshglory Guest

I hope its released on PS3 as well because i really i want to play rugby in HD !

12. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (welshglory @ Apr 18 2009, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

pair that up with some online compatability, im fed up of playing the easy AI or my friends who are rubbish

13. clem8

clem8 Guest

I hope that ea sport will more be involved in its next game. I would want to found one day a rugby game as complete as a fifa. <_<

14. Awesome

Awesome Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (clem 8 @ Apr 21 2009, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I don't think there will ever be a rugby game as complete as FIFA , but what I don't understand is why dont they take one of the Madden engines and just modify it for a rugby game?

15. Connachtman

Connachtman Guest

A Madden engine would be good but until someone like Konami spends a considerable amount of time and effort on a brand new engine and layout I dont see a rugby game coming anywhere near the complexity and accomplishment of the great sports games like Pro Evo... Unfortunatley...

16. aliennani

aliennani Academy Player

Country Flag:

Chile

someone could tell me how can I create a team in rugby 08?

Edit Faatau82: Well, you need to download Woosaah's Rugasmic Editor for '08 first off. Then, in the folders where it's installed (Program Files in C:// is recommended) you can edit the txt file. This is very simple, you just have to replace the text that says 'false' or 'no' to 'yes' or 'true'. In the editor, you need to find that team in the drop down list and add players to the team and save.

Now, the tougher part is having to open up the logo file that serves the squad management (without the new logo the game will crash) and add the data to the file. I can at some point upload my file which has had all this done, and the you'd just need FSHed to add your own logo. Adding kits and team specific artwork will require the filenames, of which some we don't have in our database.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
  17. tomgordon1

tomgordon1 Academy Player

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Leicester

ooh well its hard u need woosah's rugassmic editor 08. then u need to make kit files, then u need to replace a current team with your team and replace players for the roster if u want more detail just ask me ;)

18. rugby214

rugby214 Academy Player

Hey i'm just trying to get started with the modding and was wondering if anyone knows how to change a .bin file into .bmp

thanx

19. dan the man

dan the man Bench Player

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Highlanders

Does any one have or know how to get Rugby 08 running on a Mac???

20. TRF_Cymro

TRF_Cymro Cymro The White

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

Barbarians

Need to get a software that allows you to partition the hard drive to allow Windows on the Mac.

or use something called Parallel. Cost about £50 mind.

21. dan the man

dan the man Bench Player

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Highlanders

Ah ok, thought that might be the case... Cheers :)

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!