• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Rugby 2008 Discussion Thread

I assume that if EA wish to give Hb-studios the go ahead for another money grab, they will call the game EA Sports (hopefully they put IRB in the ***le) Rugby 2010, and looking at their track record it will either just be the FIFA 09 engine remodeled for rugby, or a polish of Rugby 08. I am hoping that they include my rucking idea, and that it will be released around september next year. This is just me speculating of course, nothing concrete is known at this stage.

no. you need an editor for that, or download a roster mod if you're using the pc version.

Nothing's been announced as such, but we do know that HB Studios are working on 8 projects, 2 of which are nearly finished.
Who knows if one of them is a rugby project lol.

I hope that ea sport will more be involved in its next game. I would want to found one day a rugby game as complete as a fifa. <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (clem 8 @ Apr 21 2009, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I hope that ea sport will more be involved in its next game. I would want to found one day a rugby game as complete as a fifa. <_<[/b]

I don't think there will ever be a rugby game as complete as FIFA , but what I don't understand is why dont they take one of the Madden engines and just modify it for a rugby game?

A Madden engine would be good but until someone like Konami spends a considerable amount of time and effort on a brand new engine and layout I dont see a rugby game coming anywhere near the complexity and accomplishment of the great sports games like Pro Evo... Unfortunatley...

someone could tell me how can I create a team in rugby 08?

Edit Faatau82: Well, you need to download Woosaah's Rugasmic Editor for '08 first off. Then, in the folders where it's installed (Program Files in C:// is recommended) you can edit the txt file. This is very simple, you just have to replace the text that says 'false' or 'no' to 'yes' or 'true'. In the editor, you need to find that team in the drop down list and add players to the team and save.

Now, the tougher part is having to open up the logo file that serves the squad management (without the new logo the game will crash) and add the data to the file. I can at some point upload my file which has had all this done, and the you'd just need FSHed to add your own logo. Adding kits and team specific artwork will require the filenames, of which some we don't have in our database.

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh well its hard u need woosah's rugassmic editor 08. then u need to make kit files, then u need to replace a current team with your team and replace players for the roster if u want more detail just ask me ;)

Hey i'm just trying to get started with the modding and was wondering if anyone knows how to change a .bin file into .bmp

thanx

Does any one have or know how to get Rugby 08 running on a Mac???

Need to get a software that allows you to partition the hard drive to allow Windows on the Mac.

or use something called Parallel. Cost about £50 mind.

Need to get a software that allows you to partition the hard drive to allow Windows on the Mac.

or use something called Parallel. Cost about £50 mind.

Ah ok, thought that might be the case... Cheers :)

Latest posts