• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA sports home

M

maddog79

Rugby 2005 has its own mini site at http://www.easports.com/games/rugby2005/home.jsp
Its good as it has an interview with creator/or whatever Andrew Wilson
<

It's about time!
I just read that interview with Andrew Wilson on there too... He makes it sound very promising, but then, if memory serves me right he was the one that said Rugby 2004 would be "Madden scale"...

Originally posted by Mazgtr@Jan 26 2005, 07:24 PM
And it says shipping march the 6th wonder if that will happen.
<
opps i mean the 8th

But it says stiff arms will be apart of the game its not madden football.... i guess if u do one of those it might start a fight or something, but do we really need that in a rugby game??

The following error has occurred:
System Too Busy

Explanation:
Our computer systems are too busy to process your request at this moment.

How to Fix the Problem:
Please try again later.

damn the server.

producer.jpg

That's not eye liner/other eye make up is it?
Edit - Comment removed because of fear that EA/possibly Andrew Wilson maybe browsing the forum.
<

Who cares if he browses here JJ, After what he told us what Rugby 2004 was gonna be like and then not delivering we can call him what we like
<

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 26 2005, 09:13 PM
Who cares if he browses here JJ, After what he told us what Rugby 2004 was gonna be like and then not delivering we can call him what we like
<
Yeah I know. But there are some small hints that they might be here, and are taking some minimal ideas. eg I remember discussing bring back Bill, and having Murray there. Also the set plays using the D-pad.

Maybe it's just a coincidence or we think alike [looks for spew smiley]. Meah.

Have a look under the 'By now' link under ESRB rating:

everyone
mild language

????
must be something in comentary.

Good find kaftka, must be the commentary.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
...and a wide variety of team specific chants that can be heard through out the Rugby world. For home teams this will increase their ability to ‘pull out all stops’ when it counts.[/b]

Sounds good.

Hi guys..

Can anybody please post the interview with andrew on here please. I can't view the website at work.. Many thanks

Here you go ...

EA SPORTS.com: While EA has published their Rugby game in Australia & New Zealand for several years, this is only the second release of the game in North America. What features does the game include specifically for players new to the game and/or the sport in general?
Andrew Wilson: We have taken a three tiered approach for those new to the game and new to the sport:

Get in the Game Tutorial -- This is a short tutorial that the user will be able to complete before getting into general game-play. It will give them a solid basic knowledge of key game-play controls.
Rugby 101 -- This is a video geared towards those completely new to the sport who would like to learn a little more about rugby before getting into gameplay. It will cover many of the basics including team makeup, moving the ball, penalties etc.
Practice Mode -- Tis is a series of challenge base skill tests that will give the user the opportunity to further refine their skills.
EA: For fans familiar with the previous release, what’s the biggest change or upgrade to gameplay?
AW: In utilizing the new engine, developed by EA Canada, we have been able to create an overall faster pace of play -- this will be evident from the first kickoff. Another area that we are really happy with is the use of “Set Plays on the Flyâ€. Rather than choosing from a menu of plays for lineouts and scrums, the user will be able to select a play on the fly with the D-Pad. The biggest win is that this will also be available for rucks.

EA: It sounds like you’ve added even more teams this year. Tell us about the international and domestic club teams in EA SPORTS Rugby 2005, and the availability of the star players.

AW: We have all the international and domestic teams from Rugby 2004, including world cup qualifying teams and Super 12 teams plus we have added a few extras. Most notably, we have added a fully licensed British Lions team and subsequent tour -- the biggest rugby event in 2005.

EA: What competitions are in the game this year, like cups, club tournaments, international competitions, or user-created tournaments?

AW: As mentioned above, we have added the British Lions tour in Rugby 2005 together with the 6 Nations tournament, which will be taking place around launch of Rugby 2005. This rounds out our other international tournaments like the Tri-nations and Bledisloe Cup and domestic tournaments such as the Super 12’s.

EA: Tell us about some of the new strategies and tactics in the game. Will players be able to set plays on the fly, make side-steps, jukes and other fakes?

AW: As noted before, we do have set plays on the fly, which are a huge improvement and help the user maintain momentum throughout game-play. Another great addition to the controls of Rugby 2005 is the use of the right stick for side-steps, dukes and hand-offs/stiff arms. With a ‘quick flick’ of the right stick in the appropriate direction, the in-game players will be side-stepping and stiff arming like the champions they are.

EA: What about stadium crowd and game atmosphere, like songs, chants, etc? What’s been added this year, and can it affect the momentum of individual matches?

AW: We have learnt some great things from our other sports development teams, specifically FIFA. For the first time, Rugby 2005 will feature national anthems for all national teams and a wide variety of team specific chants that can be heard through out the Rugby world. For home teams this will increase their ability to ‘pull out all stops’ when it counts.

EA: Anything else you want to add about EA SPORTS Rugby 2005?

AW: All in all, rugby gamers and sports gamers alike are going to see amazing improvements in both visuals and game-play since Rugby 2004. We have invested a tremendous amount in an endeavor to deliver a fast paced, visually stunning authentic rugby product that is fun for all. I can’t wait!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
...and a wide variety of team specific chants that can be heard through out the Rugby world. For home teams this will increase their ability to 'pull out all stops' when it counts.[/b]

I bet that comment is purely ornamental...

Notice how he doesn't actually say anything about the European Cup or European domestic leagues. Plus I'm yet to see any European clubs in the screenshots released. They've previously said that they're in, and seeing as they'll probably ship the most in Europe, they could be making a bigger deal of it.

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 27 2005, 12:20 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
...and a wide variety of team specific chants that can be heard through out the Rugby world. For home teams this will increase their ability to ‘pull out all stops’ when it counts.

I bet that comment is purely ornamental... [/b][/quote]
I bet your right, sound like something EA would do build our hopes up and then crush them

Also, no comment about which season of the European cup (if its in) - whether its the current teams or last years - which makes a difference for those who want to play with English teams.

Exactly - if they use the 2004/05 teams, then Bath, Quins, Falcons would be in, whereas last seasons would heve Sale and Leeds

Latest posts