• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA sports home

yeah but it might not be "The Newcastle Falcons", it could just be Newcastle with naff jersey designs and club crest.

but if they have the license for the competition, does that not deliver them the rights to the clubs in it? ... so if the team list is up to date, then they have the rights to all the teams...

... it would be pretty shoddy to have some of the teams licensed and some not, tho we shouldn't be surprised anymore with what kinda stunts EA try to pull

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 26 2005, 08:38 PM
mild language

????
must be something in comentary.
McLaren: "That could've put him in ward 4..."

Mexted: "I hope not Bill, that's a maternity ward. You silly c***."

Originally posted by MightyQuin@Jan 26 2005, 11:15 PM
AW: We have all the international and domestic teams from Rugby 2004
Russia! Woot! Woot!

As for the Heiney Cup, maybe the 'license' only allows for Heiney emblems on the pitch and the teams will have generic kits.

Certainly doesn't make sense, but then again, all screenshots on the official site are only international.

HB has Super 12, but you'd think they'd have released some Euro clubs had they proper kits.

It's hard to tell what EA are thinking at the moment, but, the Aussie Camps still sound like a brilliant idea and I give them credit there.

But it seems to have been an Australian campaign for this game. So far . . . maybe they've got something up their sleeves for the 6 Nations.

with the IRFU licence, all the irish provincial sides should have their official kits and badges.

It dosen't work like that with the english ZP clubs though

does rugby2005 have the official ZP licence like pro rugby manager did?

After you hone your skills, make a run for the 6 Nations and European Cup championships or take on teams in the Super 12 and European Domestic Leagues. The time to master the sport of rugby is NOW.

Notice how the add and European Domestic League ontop of the European Cup
<
Sounds very promising
<

All I want is the Heinekein Cup, Celtic League and Zurich Prem, not too much of a big ask to get the other 2 aswell as the already announced Heineken Cup...

... added to that a few of the lesser european national teams, to offer more of a challenge in trying to qualify for the world cup and then progress in the tournament proper itself

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Jan 27 2005, 10:23 AM
... added to that a few of the lesser european national teams, to offer more of a challenge in trying to qualify for the world cup and then progress in the tournament proper itself
Now that's what I'm talking about, great idea Raz.

But stretch it to Africa so I can finally try and get the Ivory Coast into the finals.

Or better, especially with Bill McLaren back at the helm, Thailand.

Laksanasampong!

excuse me, we were having a perfectly pleasant conversation about horses, and you wade in here with your Laksanasampongs!
<

yeah, while I like the setup of the World Cup and playing through it as is... the fact that all the majority of bigger teams are almost always guaranteed entry to the finals, the idea of getting a minnow to qualify and getting them to the quarter-finals could prove a decent challenge... and we all want this game to be a challenge, to keep us playing for longer then a few days at the beginning... (as long its challenging and enjoyable... PES anyone??)

Originally posted by raziel_eire+Jan 27 2005, 10:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raziel_eire @ Jan 27 2005, 10:59 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Jan 27 2005, 10:47 AM

Laksanasampong!
isn't that a breed of pony ...

like sheland's, only more thai ? [/b]
Yes, indeed. Thai pony.

Terribly sorry to interrupt, robbinho, old chap, but all your talk of horses got me thinking about qualifying into the World Cup with a minnow nation.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Jan 27 2005, 11:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Jan 27 2005, 11:47 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-raziel_eire
@Jan 27 2005, 10:23 AM
Now that's what I'm talking about, great idea Raz.

But stretch it to Africa so I can finally try and get the Ivory Coast into the finals.

Or better, especially with Bill McLaren back at the helm, Thailand.

Laksanasampong! [/b]
yeah i agree bring back Laksanasampong!
<

Latest posts