• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Eastmond wants out

Having already walked out on the club that paid for every moment of his training and development when he was a kid, the fact he now wants to walk out on the team that gave him a chance to play union is of zero surprise to me. We didn't even get a transfer fee.

I don't know how he's taken to union, but the fact of the matter is that he simply isn't all that as far as I'm concerned. He'll get a Super League team easily enough - until he fancies another change and just walks out on them as well. A leopard doesn't tend to change its spots....

Bath Rugby Statement

Contrary to current reports, Bath Rugby can confirm that Kyle Eastmond is still in contract with the Club and is very much part of the squad.
An incident arose at the Sale game last Friday which has led to an internal investigation, but this has been dealt with and both parties have put the matter behind them.
The Club will be making no further comment on this matter.

I had a feeling this was coming ever since that Worcester game.
Deeply unprofessional - although I am frustrated for him - I can understand conservative tactics, but for your ball-playing inside center to not handle ball once in a single game is stupid.

Saw someone on twitter summise Bath's statement like this: "In other words he snapped his crayons but hasn't given up colouring for good."

In a way you can see why he's so frustrated, as Rats says he is quite literally going through games without touching the ball. You can imagine that that, combined with having seemingly fallen from grace in the England set-up, he is probably pretty upset with the Bath game plan.

That being said, the way to deal with that is not to threaten to walk out...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Kyle Eastmond will be considered for selection by Bath for the Prem game Vs Wasps next week, following incident at Sale <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRugbyPaper">@TheRugbyPaper</a></p>&mdash; Tom Bradshaw (@TomBradshaw1979) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomBradshaw1979/statuses/402187736955641856">November 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Very difficult to figure out what actually happened.

AFAIK the talk of him wanting to return to league is complete speculation and was simply an assumption Sky made.

He didn't threaten to walk out... he actually did.

When I first read that, I thought how childish and unprofessional then I read that he went through 80mins of rugby, playing 12, without touching the ball once! That's f**cking ridiculous! I'm sure he was very frustrated and whilst walking out on your team at half time is unprofessional, I can't really blame him.

Eastmond is playing today . Hopefully this is a start of him settling in

I would hate to see him go just incase he can score another try like the one against Arg haha

Seriously though he's a great talent and I'd like him to stay . Shame he doesn't play for a team like London Irish he would be a nailed on starter then

He played for the Bath "A" team last Monday too, the reports of him leaving union were pure speculation.

Latest posts