• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Eben Etzebeth

It's a political thing and a sports thing. It's happened to take a sports turn this time but this is one of many incidents where manufactured outrage has emerged from Twitter and then widely (and very lazily) reported in the main stream media as news.

The fake Frans Steyn/Mapimpi situation got lots of push back from all quarters which was encouraging to see. I think people are catching onto what Twitter is and this was a perfect test case.

The ANC is not directly implicated but look at how the former ANC spokesperson and spokesperson for Nelson Mandela has jumped on the bandwagon, this time with Jesse Kriel and Andre Esterhuizen in his sights.

GfmU0Hp.jpg

Link to tweet and video: https://twitter.com/niehaus_carl/status/1180730919252041728?s=20

Reading the comments you get your usual perpetually offended/oppressed woke trolls but lots of people are calling him out for being a dumbass because they're just lining up in position.
Perfect example of why the ANC should stay out of sports. They're not interested in the sport itself, they are interested in having control over it for political reasons.
If only World Rugby had a backbone...

Edit: I only read a few comments but my word I read on a bit and Twitter is an absolute cesspit. Surely it's going to go the way of MySpace eventually? Just trash on there

Last edited:
What the hell is happening !!! next we going to see that when a black player get subbed the coach is racist or when a white player makes a bad pass to a black player it is also racist ?! come on this is getting F***** up why do these people want to drag our bokke down !

Good on him! It was the logical next step for Eben. Being lambasted by the SAHRC in public, and yet he hasn't been found guilty of anything (yet). There is certainly bias shown towards Eben by the SAHRC. And that is why the SAHRC are doing an investigation on their own guy too.

This has muddied the waters a bit, and it's going to be very tough for the SAHRC to make this situation better in their favour.

and would delay legal process, he can be found NOT GUILTY after the World Cup!

and would delay legal process, he can be found NOT GUILTY after the World Cup!
I don't think there'l be a case anymore to be honest.

Eben has asked for a judicial review of the conduct of the SAHRC.

So the chance that the court will find discrimination against him prior to his trial, will give them reason to throw out the case.

the SAHRC is going to have to do a lot of damage control.

Latest posts