• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Eden Park 2011

tokyo.gif

[/b]

Mornington Crescent.

Naming the game or are you using the fabled "Jake White Autumn tour 2004" rules to claim victory before the game has even started?

Hi Prez ! Nice summary of Tokyo. :bana: ..Although you didn't speak of Kabukicho, the place of the "banned pleasures".. :ph34r: .Tokyo subawy is not as bad as it looks though...well knowing Japanese IS a big help I suppose but aye... :bleh!:

Also the lovely thing about Japan is the way the girls like to dress sexy (short, short skirts, high heels), and the fact that you will never ever feel unsafe, even at 3 AM in the street.

Edit : also if you're higher than 1.80 m, you'll feel really tall and strong.

Yeah the safety factor is fantastic. Staggering around at 3am from Space Lab Yellow (which closed last month *sob*) and taking a moment to snooze on a bench would be mind boggling here but in Japan, perfectly fine. In the end I fell asleep in a Manga Cafe. Remember, if you can't get a hotel/hostel booked, Cafe Bagus is your FRIEND!

Kabukicho is where all the Yakuza run hostess bars are, yeah?

Yeah the safety factor is fantastic. Staggering around at 3am from Space Lab Yellow (which closed last month *sob*) and taking a moment to snooze on a bench would be mind boggling here but in Japan, perfectly fine. In the end I fell asleep in a Manga Cafe. Remember, if you can't get a hotel/hostel booked, Cafe Bagus is your FRIEND!

Kabukicho is where all the Yakuza run hostess bars are, yeah? [/b]

:D Yeah, you feel like being in Black rain ( atrocious film btw). This is also the main center of the Yakuza vs. Triads gang war in Japan ! :blink: . Another great thing about Tokyo is that you can never get lost,walking for hours and yet there's always a station somewhere (with the same place-in-front-of-the-station looking place), like an island in the sea of buildings and houses...

Also, food and booze are not that expensive (if you compare with London or Paris), plus the Euro/Yen rate is a treat.

All in all:

Polite people B)
Cheap booze :bana:
Cheap tobacco :bana:
Sexy Ladies :bravo:
Gaijin friendly Ladies :cheers:

Good public equipment

Would make for a pretty good Rugby World Cup me thinks :rolleyes:

Argh I want to go to Japan now! 私にラグビーのワールドカップ力を与えなさい!

But don't get me wrong, I'm sure that New Zealand will put on a great world cup, it's a great country. And a rugby world cup couldn't be a bad thing even if Antartica was hosting it, but I feel they've missed a historical opportunity here.

Also, food and booze are not that expensive (if you compare with London or Paris), plus the Euro/Yen rate is a treat.

All in all:

Polite people B)
Cheap booze :bana:
Cheap tobacco :bana:
Sexy Ladies :bravo:
Gaijin friendly Ladies :cheers:

Good public equipment

Would make for a pretty good Rugby World Cup me thinks :rolleyes:
[/b]

Oh god yeah! On the Cheap Booze point, several sweeteners:

1) Decent single malt whiskies are way cheaper in Japan than they are in..y'know...Scotland.
2) If you go to a club want a beer and find the bar is packed, just go to a handy-dandy beer vending machine usually situated elsewhere in the club!

So convenient! :cheers:

EDIT: RWC 2011 NZ will be a good World Cup, its just so sad that the big ten nations have decided that vested interests should take precidence over what is good for the game globally.

EDIT: RWC 2011 NZ will be a good World Cup, its just so sad that the big ten nations have decided that vested interests should take precidence over what is good for the game globally.[/b]
Indeed, coz it's 'the homeland' I'll have connections to all the tickets and pretty much free accomodation throughout NZ. Plus, SPEIGHTS! :D

<div class='quotemain'>

G'day mate,
have you been to Japan? It is the most confusing country to find your way around, especially with 4 languages and countless dialects.
Also Japanese people say what you want them to say, anything polite and flattering. Anything else they keep to themselves.

[/b]

Good day to you too mate,

I have been to Japan and I had a superb time. Kyoto was great, the Japan alps, Nagasaki and Matsuyama were all fab thank you! The people were pleasant, polite and happy to help. Usually I was a ginea pig for them to try their english on. I really enjoyed my month there and I'm looking to go back again!

I think you're confusing Katakana, Hirigana and Kanji which the Japanese draw from to write with with languages. Dialects aren't really that much of a problem.
[/b][/quote]

Fair enough mate, each to their own I guess. I wouldn't fancy going back, but that was just my experiences of a month in Kyoto.
I do speak fluent Hiragana and Katakana and you're right, I was thinking of Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji as well as English, which is used a lot more since the Soccer World Cup was hosted by Japan.
For the profile of Rugby, it would be superb if Japan hosted it.

BTW where did you stay in Kyoto, out of curiosity?

<div class='quotemain'>
EDIT: RWC 2011 NZ will be a good World Cup, its just so sad that the big ten nations have decided that vested interests should take precidence over what is good for the game globally.[/b]
Indeed, coz it's 'the homeland' I'll have connections to all the tickets and pretty much free accomodation throughout NZ. Plus, SPEIGHTS! :D [/b][/quote]

Nya nya nya nya nya! We had the Speights Ale Trailer tour the UK and you didn't! Nya nya nya nya nya! :bleh!:

BTW where did you stay in Kyoto, out of curiosity?[/b]

I went to K's Hostel which is close to the Kyoto tower and station. I also spent a night at the 'Tomato Hostel' which to be utterly frank is the closest I'm going to get to experiencing that last scene of Blade Runner ever. It even had the pouring rain and everything!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
Indeed, coz it's 'the homeland' I'll have connections to all the tickets and pretty much free accomodation throughout NZ. Plus, SPEIGHTS! :D [/b][/quote]

Nya nya nya nya nya! We had the Speights Ale Trailer tour the UK and you didn't! Nya nya nya nya nya! :bleh!:

BTW where did you stay in Kyoto, out of curiosity?[/b]

I went to K's Hostel which is close to the Kyoto tower and station. I also spent a night at the 'Tomato Hostel' which to be utterly frank is the closest I'm going to get to experiencing that last scene of Blade Runner ever. It even had the pouring rain and everything!
[/b][/quote]
Heh, it was probably all simulated, Prest to give you that real-life experience of a movie without watching. :D Coincidentally, I watched Blade Runner for the first time 2 days ago. o_O

Seriously, it scared the crap out of me. Although it was run by a verrry cute and sexy lady about my age.

Sadly she couldn't understand me when I said "Konbanwa..laaadies ;)"

Sadly she couldn't understand me when I said "Konbanwa..laaadies ;)"[/b]
Did you do the double gun signal at her while saying it? It's not complete until you do that, that could have been the problem.

Maybe they are planning to spring a huge 200,000 all seater hippodrome with a roof and a pitch which floats on air and thats made out of recycled tires?
[/b]

...and the stands will be rotating around it so everyone will have a perfect view on the game (at some point anyway)...and beer will be free and they'll change the rules so instead of a video ref we'll vote on the tricky decisions! That's going to be huge fun!

But it's probably going to stay as it is until like...uhm...let's say 5 weeks before the opening game and then they'll just pop in two or three hundred additional seats and some more toilets... :rolleyes:

Latest posts