• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Edinburgh + Glasgow 30 man squads

K

KeardiffBlues

hi can anyone give me a 30 man squad for edinburgh and glasgow? including a best possible starting 22 cheers :bana:

For Edinburgh:

1. Agusto Allori
2. Andy Kelly
3. Gavin Kerr
4. Matt Mustchin
5. Ben Gissing
6. Simon Cross
7. Ally Hogg (captain)
8. Dave Callam

9. Mike Blair
10. Phil Godman (goal kicker)

11. Andy Maxwell
12. Ben Cairns (maybe...depending on Di Rollo staying)
13. Marcus Di Rollo (if he goes, maybe Nick De Luca)
14. Simon Webster
15. Southwell

16. Kyle Traynor
17. Craig Smith
18. Allan MacDonald
19. Roland Reed
20. Ben Meyer
21. Ally Warnock
22. Nick De Luca

23. Geoff Cross
24. Allan Jacobson
25. Greig Laidlaw
26. Ben Blair
27. Andy Easson (currently with Currie RFC)
28. Matt Dey
29. Callum MacCrae
30. Scott Newlands

Edinburgh Squad for Next Season:

Props: Jacobson, Smith, Kerr, Cross, Allori,

Hookers: Kelly, Lawrie,

Locks: , Turnbull, Mustchin, Gissing, Hamilton,

Back Row: Callam, Hogg ©, Macdonald, Rennie, Cross ©,

Scrum Half: Mike Blair, Laidlaw, Meyer,

Fly Half: Godman, Blair,

Centre: De Luca, McRae, Dey, Di Rollo?, Easson,

Wing/FB: Webster, Cairns, Southwell, Maxwell, Robertson,

Glasgow Squad for Next Season:

Props: Tchakuk, Collins, Low, Va'a, Kalman

Hookers: Ford, Hall, Thomson

Lock: Kellock, Eddie, Newman, Paleopoi, and Turner

Back Row: Brown, Barclay, Beattie with Swindall, Macfadyen

Scrum Half: O'Young, Pinder

Fly Half: Parks and Gregor with Adamson

Centre: Gibson, Henderson, Barrow, Morrisson and O'Hare

Wing/FB: T Evans, Fau'tau and Shaw with Marsden, Stortoni & M Evans competing

Gavin Kerr has signed for Edinburgh, Larkham has cancelled his deal and Di Rollo is rumoured to be moving to Toulouse (but why they want him is anyone's guess...waterboy perhaps?)

i wasnt aware Ben BLair the NZ and Cardiff Full Back had signed for Embra ;)

joking aside the fact that youve not included Rennie or Macdonald in your squad is terrible lol, same goes for Lawrie, Kerr at tight head! Cairns is a 13 or a wing/full back, Nick De Luca is the future of Scottish Rugby

I meant David Blair, Ben is Davids and Mike's youngest brother, probably why I got confused.

Rennie is on load to a premier one team this season ( I think), I did include MacDonald.

As for Kerr/Allori that was a typo.

Lawrie hasn't really featured for Edinburgh yet so I didn't include him.

Cairns is prodominantly a 13, wing or full back. But since Dewey has left and Jorgenson has disapeared off of the face of the planet we don't seem to have a 12 (well, Matt Dey or Andy Easson but Dey isn't great and Easson is playing at Malleny this year) so I just shoved him there as I can't see the new coach having much of a free reign and being forced to play Di Rollo by the SRU.

De Luca will stuggle to get a start I think. Cairns, Maxwell, Webster and Southwell are all better players in my opinion.

I meant David Blair, Ben is Davids and Mike's youngest brother, probably why I got confused.

Cairns is prodominantly a 13, wing or full back. But since Dewey has left and Jorgenson has disapeared off of the face of the planet we don't seem to have a 12 (well, Matt Dey or Andy Easson but Dey isn't great and Easson is playing at Malleny this year) so I just shoved him there as I can't see the new coach having much of a free reign and being forced to play Di Rollo by the SRU.

De Luca will stuggle to get a start I think. Cairns, Maxwell, Webster and Southwell are all better players in my opinion.
[/b]

Lawrie is defenitly a sure thing for the squad though ahead of Traynor

McCrae seams the obvious choice for a centre berth as hes a far better goal kicker than Godman, but he's had an ankle-ligament operation and will miss the first three months of the season

Personally id go for a XV of:

1. Jacobosn
2. Kelly
3. Smith
4. Turnbull
5. Gissing
6. Hogg
7. Macdonald
8. Callam
9. Blair
10. D. Blair
11. Webster
12. Godman
13. De Luca
14. Maxwell/Robertson
15. Southwell

Also, Ross Ford might be on his way to Embra post WC, a good move in my opinion

Gave Kerr is better than Chunk, doesn't go about fighting most of the time.

Why no Cairns? He was consistantly one of our best players last season and is a dead cert for a Scotland cap in years to come. To omitt him is just plain daft. He's a far superior player to De Luca.

Given that Simon Cross is also captain this year, I can't see MacDonald playing ahead of him.

Godman cannot play 12. Lack of pace and size.

No Mustchin? Experience and a leader to boot, so I can't see him missing many games this season.

David Blair won't be a starting XV player much this year. Godman will be the number 10 with Ally Warnock being the subby stand off.

I actually got Lawrie and Traynor mixed up, i thought Lawrie was the ginger one.

Gave Kerr is better than Chunk, doesn't go about fighting most of the time.

Why no Cairns? He was consistantly one of our best players last season and is a dead cert for a Scotland cap in years to come. To omitt him is just plain daft. He's a far superior player to De Luca.

Given that Simon Cross is also captain this year, I can't see MacDonald playing ahead of him.

Godman cannot play 12. Lack of pace and size.

No Mustchin? Experience and a leader to boot, so I can't see him missing many games this season.

David Blair won't be a starting XV player much this year. Godman will be the number 10 with Ally Warnock being the subby stand off.

I actually got Lawrie and Traynor mixed up, i thought Lawrie was the ginger one.
[/b]

Its been a while since ive had someone to debate Edinburgh with :)

Firstly, Kerr is probibly the worst player in the scotland squad, him and MDR have no right to be near the Scotland Squad, and quite frankly should be nothing more than a squad player at Embra. i tohught id put Cairns on the Maxwell/Robertson wing, but id only play him at wing as his distribtion isnt the best. I disagree that De Luca is a worse player than him, hes got a great step on him and a threat to defenses, probibly sohuld have gone to the RWC instead of MDR. Simon Cross is only captain for when Hogg is away with Scotland, and if Cross plays it means that Hogg has to be 7, a world class 8 he is, but we do need a TRUE open side - Macdonald or Rennie. godman defenitly doesnt have the size for centre, but his distribution is good enough to release the utside backs of Southwell & Webster who wil have to lead the team this year. Mustchin is a decent player, but hes not a lock, he can cover there well, but Turnbull is a good prospect and Gissing gives a physical edge to the team. We are talking aobut the same David Blair aren't we? The one that Jason White said only last week that will earn a cap in the coming 18 months - quite frankly Godman has had his chance and will only ever be a decent club fly half, wheres Blair is a prospect for the Scotland shirt, Warnock ive seen play - solid at Reserve level but nothing more.

What you say about De Luca is equally as true about Cairns. I remember last year against Ulster he completley made a fool of a seasoned pro in David Humphreys. The amount of line breaks and angles he cuts is 2nd to none and he has really matured in the past year and he offers a fair bit in defence too. Certainly has really impressed me last year and did far more than De Luca in the pre-season fixtures. In an ideal world, we could play both. I think Cairns is a real threat from 15 as he is bloody fast.

This debate is, of course, assuming that Southwell gets a starting XV place...something I don't think eh should get untill he learns how to pass on a 2 v 1 and not kick it right to the other sides full back. He probably will start though.

Mustchin is a 2nd row, certainly played a fair few games there last season.

Warnock played for Currie last year and was key in us winning Premier One (well, not me...I play for the colts still). Last week against Viadanna he came on and got the backline moving really nice and he's a good goal kicker too. David Blair is a good leader, but I can't see him starting as he hasn't featured pre-season (I think he's only on an apprentice deal too).
The only thing about Warnock that is a concern is lack of size. I spent some time in the gym with him this summer and by his own admission, he's not fond of the gym work. (where as I love the weights, can't beat throwing a bit of iron about!!).

Again, this all depends on Godman and how he plays, certainly from both pre-season games he seems to be in decent form and I think he'll keep hold of the number 10 jersey.

Maxwell will be a starter, an excellent player and he's shown it in the pre season games.

both Robertson & Cairns have impressed me at 7s, im hoping they can replicate that at XVs. But no matter what team is put out, In my opinion thi sis going to be Edinburgh's worst ever season, and probibly Glasgows best ever

I don't think we'll be as bad as the squad suggests. Of course, all depends on the coach that comes in. Certainly we looked good against Viadanna. We have a good back line, but my concern is the non internationalist pack. Without the experience of Kerr, Jacobson, Hogg and Callam we will maybe struggle up front.

Realisticly, it'll be mid table medoricty. Perhaps a re-building process for next season already.

I don't think we'll be as bad as the squad suggests. Of course, all depends on the coach that comes in. Certainly we looked good against Viadanna. We have a good back line, but my concern is the non internationalist pack. Without the experience of Kerr, Jacobson, Hogg and Callam we will maybe struggle up front.

Realisticly, it'll be mid table medoricty. Perhaps a re-building process for next season already. [/b]

I agree. Too may key players have gone down south. I don't think they've been properly replaced. I do think it'd be so much better if the Carruthers brothers had stayed in charge... and not only because of Larkham.

But, let's be positive, let's hope people like Callam or De Luca keep improving. That'll be a pleasant surprise.

I don't know David Blair that well, but I'm reading really nice things about him. Another pleasant surprise?

Rennie is on load to a premier one team this season ( I think), I did include MacDonald.

As for Kerr/Allori that was a typo.

[/b]

Ehhhhh,nah.

Its David,Mike and Alex.

Alex is the best out of them all.

just want to add that McCall the young prospect has quit rugby for a career in Athletics

<div class='quotemain'> I don't think we'll be as bad as the squad suggests. Of course, all depends on the coach that comes in. Certainly we looked good against Viadanna. We have a good back line, but my concern is the non internationalist pack. Without the experience of Kerr, Jacobson, Hogg and Callam we will maybe struggle up front.

Realisticly, it'll be mid table medoricty. Perhaps a re-building process for next season already. [/b]

I agree. Too may key players have gone down south. I don't think they've been properly replaced. I do think it'd be so much better if the Carruthers brothers had stayed in charge... and not only because of Larkham.

But, let's be positive, let's hope people like Callam or De Luca keep improving. That'll be a pleasant surprise.

I don't know David Blair that well, but I'm reading really nice things about him. Another pleasant surprise?

[/b][/quote]

Was his school 1st XV captain, and was a pretty good XV that year (P 18 W 16 L 2). Headed down to Sale, and played a handful of games being understudy to Hodgson, looked pretty composed when I saw him.

I've not seen him alot after school, but if he's anything like his brother,Alex. He's very good at shipping the ball out and also running through the gaps. Probably abit bigger then than Alex is now.Alex doesn't kick an awful lot from hand, unless grubbering, so I would suspect David's like Alex.

To get a Measure of how good Alex Blair is, he was playing 1st XV rugby, at 14 maybe, certainly could still play u15 rugby.

Can someone please tell me what teams all the players for both Edinburgh and Glasgow came from.

Also if they are all ready in the game and where i can find them.

Thank you.

Latest posts