• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Editing RC2006

J

jeffb

Hi,

Does anyone know, what can be edited on RC2006?? Team Names, Kits etc.

Cheers

Jeff

Cheers Sanzar,

What bout PS2? Oh well looks like i`ll have to get the PC version.

Jeff

Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 14 2006, 10:32 PM
Pretty much everything by the sounds of things... on PC at least.
Speaking of which Sanzar...I notice you make kits for RL2. Would you be interested in working with me to update all of the RC2006 kits that need updating? IE teams that don't have sponsor due to alchol sponsoring and whatnot. Just a thought...

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner+Jan 15 2006, 08:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Jan 15 2006, 08:55 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Jan 14 2006, 10:32 PM
Pretty much everything by the sounds of things... on PC at least.
Speaking of which Sanzar...I notice you make kits for RL2. Would you be interested in working with me to update all of the RC2006 kits that need updating? IE teams that don't have sponsor due to alchol sponsoring and whatnot. Just a thought... [/b]
Yeah, absolutely. In fact I've been bugging trev for ages to release the jersey templates so I can get a head start doing the TN teams... but he says he needs clearance to give me them and I still haven't heard back from him about (and it's in a few weeks now).

Well I like to make my own templates from scratch. I make kits for R2005 and PES5 so I already got some knowledge. Perhaps when the game comes out we can establish who'll do what and then realease a massive kit update should one be needed? Like to give unlicenced teams licenced kits.

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Jan 15 2006, 10:12 AM
Well I like to make my own templates from scratch. I make kits for R2005 and PES5 so I already got some knowledge.
Really? But you still need to look at theirs to see where what goes right? How are you doing them from scratch?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Perhaps when the game comes out we can establish who'll do what and then realease a massive kit update should one be needed?[/b]

Sounds good, I'll obviously start with the Australian teams, what do you want to do?

Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 15 2006, 01:45 AM
Really? But you still need to look at theirs to see where what goes right? How are you doing them from scratch?

Sounds good, I'll obviously start with the Australian teams, what do you want to do?
Well, for example..I wanted to re-do the Scotland shirt for some reason. I'd take the ingame one, make a copy of the design manually using paint shop pro or something like that, see what it looks like in-game and tweak it to look like the real deal. It's not quite from scratch, but equally it's not taking a kit and just stick some logos over the top.

I'd obviously do Edinburgh and the other Celtic teams, aswell as the Celtic National sides (Scotland and Wales will probably need to be re-done as their kits will be missing sponsors due to alchohol advertising).

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner+Jan 15 2006, 12:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Jan 15 2006, 12:18 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Jan 15 2006, 01:45 AM

Well, for example..I wanted to re-do the Scotland shirt for some reason. I'd take the ingame one, make a copy of the design manually using paint shop pro or something like that, see what it looks like in-game and tweak it to look like the real deal. It's not quite from scratch, but equally it's not taking a kit and just stick some logos over the top.

I'd obviously do Edinburgh and the other Celtic teams, aswell as the Celtic National sides (Scotland and Wales will probably need to be re-done as their kits will be missing sponsors due to alchohol advertising). [/b]
Yeah, that's pretty much what I do aswell. Like with the new roosters one I did, I just got a plain white template of the jersey and then designed the jersey from there so I could keep the creases.

You can use layers...works better plus you can do funky stuff. Like I think I know how to do the perferated stitching on the new canterbury national kits (you know, the piping on the Scotland and Ireland kits) as well as an effect using layers and their blend modes to creat the effect of stitching. I'll have to wait and see the kit format first however. Though couldn't WCR's kits be extracted?

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Jan 15 2006, 12:25 PM
You can use layers...works better plus you can do funky stuff. Like I think I know how to do the perferated stitching on the new canterbury national kits (you know, the piping on the Scotland and Ireland kits) as well as an effect using layers and their blend modes to creat the effect of stitching. I'll have to wait and see the kit format first however. Though couldn't WCR's kits be extracted?
I don't think so... I'd say that since the graphics upgrade the templates will have changed a fair bit, much like RL1 and RL2 did. In any case, I have all the logos and sponsors for the TN teams because of the work I did in making them for RL2, so it shouldn't take me too long.

I don't have them any more. I borrowed the game from someone and had a quick poke around.

I believe that the kits will be in a compressed file, and only one person knows how to extract the compressed .bag files made by Swordfish.

A guy called Sam. He made a program called Baggi Studios which could open compressed bag files for Brian Lara Int Cricket, but it didn't work on WRC files for whatever reason. Hopefully it'll work for RC2006 though.

I've been trying to contact Sam but have had no reply. He disappears quite often for long periods.

Latest posts