Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
ultimaterugby.com/pro-14-2017-2018/matches
Kings v Cheetahs - Get an lbp to the worst team of the season and you're golden Cheetahs...

Connacht v Leinster - John Muldoon's testimonial, legend who'll be remembered... Unlike this dead rubber.

Dragons v Scarlets - Scarlets might have to beat the 2nd worst side in the league... Watch this space, if you really want to.

Cardiff v Ospreys - Dreams over Cardiff, ya had a good run since new year!

Munster v Ulster - This is about as close as we get to an important game, a BP win for Ulster might get them something, but probably not.

Benetton v Zebre - :(

Edinburgh v Glasgow - Get an lbp Embra and you're golden. I could actually see a big win for Glasgow here, they have to play a decent side or risk going stale, the SRU gains very little if Embra make the QF.

Have at it boys, not a fun week of rugby ahead!

I'm just going to walk meander around aimlessly for the next week as I struggle to come to terms with my two favourite non-irish players retiring. (It's possible I like them more than any Irish player as well, haven't thought about it.)

The fact that nothing of any interest is happening isn't going to change that.

Well, at least it took until the final week for the dead rubbers to come out in force.

Any chance Munster put out a weakened side and give Ulster every chance of the winning BP?

Hate the staggered starts for TV as I'll be going to the Edinburgh game probably knowing nothing is at stake (barring bragging rights). Huw Jones out and will miss the semi, and possibly any final.

I take it seedings for next season are based on final points tally? So Leinster & Munster in same Conference next year as things stand but if Munster lose they'll be back with Glasgow next season instead?

*desperately tries to inject some degree of interest*

Didn't Glasgow play their strongest side available pretty much v Ulster a got their butts handed to them.

Unless a rake of their pack are injured, they were down quite a few names (I think).

The fancy boys out the back were pretty much full strength, but we all know they are a sideshow as to who actually wins the game.

I take it seedings for next season are based on final points tally? So Leinster & Munster in same Conference next year as things stand but if Munster lose they'll be back with Glasgow next season instead?

Based on country as well. I think it goes like this (for example):

Conf A: 1st Irish province
Conf B: 2nd Irish province
Conf A: 3rd Irish province
Conf B: 4th Irish province

Although it may actually be 1 & 4 in ConfA and 2 & 3 in ConfB.

edit: ahhh, even the above depends:

Unless a rake of their pack are injured, they were down quite a few names (I think).

The fancy boys out the back were pretty much full strength, but we all know they are a sideshow as to who actually wins the game.

Glasgow team :
15. Stuart Hogg (105)
14. Tommy Seymour (113)
13. Huw Jones (6)
12. Alex Dunbar (109)
11. Lelia Masaga (7)
10. Finn Russell (78)
9. Ali Price (56)
1. Alex Allan (71)
2. Fraser Brown (72)
3. Siua Halanukonuka (14)
4. Scott Cummings (36)
5. Tim Swinson (109)
6. Rob Harley (181)
7. Callum Gibbins (12) CAPTAIN
8. Matt Fagerson (23)

Replacements

16. George Turner (16)
17. Ryan Grant (111)
18. Zander Fagerson (66)
19. Greg Peterson (28)
20. Matt Smith (17)
21. Henry Prygos (144)
22. Peter Horne (136)
23. Nick Grigg (39)

Not available due to injury: Adam Ashe (ankle), Jonny Gray (shoulder), Oli Kebble (ankle), Paddy Kelly (ankle), Pat MacArthur (shoulder), Kiran McDonald (shoulder), DTH van der Merwe (thigh), Leo Sarto (shoulder) and Ryan Wilson (chest).

Don't think many were rested, Guess the bench props will strat.

Only if you spend your life watching Leicester...

Let's face it Glasgow's first choice pack is pretty mediocre anyway so it probably doesn't matter.

EDIT: And here I thought you were Tigs Man. Sorry about that.

Munster doing Ulster a big old courtesy by fielding a really second/third string team, with Arnold the only man who started in France playing
Munster:
15. Stephen Fitzgerald
14. Calvin Nash
13. Sammy Arnold
12. Dan Goggin
11. Darren Sweetnam
10. JJ Hanrahan
9. Duncan Williams

1. James Cronin
2. Mike Sherry (Capt.)
3. Brian Scott
4. Gerbrandt Grobler
5. Darren O'Shea
6. Dave O'Callaghan
7. Conor Oliver
8. Robin Copeland.

Replacements:

16. Rhys Marshall
17. Jeremy Loughman
18. Stephen Archer
19. Jean Kleyn
20. Jack O'Donoghue
21. James Hart
22. Bill Johnston
23. Shane Daly

Ulster
15. Louis Ludik
14. Craig Gilroy
13. Luke Marshall
12. Stuart McCloskey
11. Jacob Stockdale
10. Johnny McPhillips
9. Dave Shanahan

1. Callum Black
2. Rory Best Capt.
3. Ross Kane
4. Alan O'Connor
5. Iain Henderson
6. Clive Ross
7. Sean Reidy
8. Nick Timoney;

Replacements:

16. Rob Herring
17. Andy Warwick
18. Tom O'Toole
19. Kieran Treadwell
20. Chris Henry
21. Paul Marshall
22. Angus Curtis
23. Tommy Bowe.

Ulster have a real shot here especially because that back three is pacy but defensively suspect. It's pretty much the weakest side we could field in a lot of areas, really young academy guys aside. Hope Money Johnston gets some gametime here.

Ulster to sneak into the playoffs might be a tasty bet. Glasgow have no game for the next two weekends and need to win while denying Edinburgh a point to retain the 1872 cup, if they care about that and want to find form before the playoffs it could get interesting.

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets)

15. Joey Carbery (34)
14. Barry Daly (25)
13. Tom Daly (9)
12. Noel Reid (99)
11. James Lowe (10)
10. Ross Byrne (47)
9. Nick McCarthy (25)
1. Jack McGrath (129) CAPTAIN
2. James Tracy (62)
3. Andrew Porter (26)
4. Ross Molony (63)
5. Mick Kearney (34)
6. Max Deegan (19)
7. Peadar Timmins (12)
8. Jack Conan (70)

16. Seán Cronin (149)
17. Cian Healy (187)
18. Michael Bent (105)
19. Devin Toner (214)
20. Jordi Murphy (104)
21. Jamison Gibson-Park (49)
22. Jordan Larmour (18)
23. Adam Byrne (37)

Referee: Andrew Brace (IRFU)

Connacht :

(15-9) Tiernan O'Halloran, Niyi Adeolokun, Tom Farrell, Bundee Aki, Matt Healy, Jack Carty, Kieran Marmion, (1-8) Denis Buckley, Shane Delahunt, Finlay Bealham, Gavin Thornbury, Quinn Roux, Eoin McKeon, Jarrad Butler, John Muldoon (Capt).

Replacements (16-23): Tom McCartney, Peter McCabe, Conor Carey, Ultan Dillane, Eoghan Masterson, Caolin Blade, Craig Ronaldson, Darragh Leader.

Obviously a big and emotional occasion here this week, exams will mean I'll miss it and its a damn shame I can't pay tribute to a great, club man whose been massively under utilised by the national team with his caps in single digits. Despite never really getting to show his stuff at even a European level he's known far beyond the bounds of his own province due to his Pro12/14 performances, Best of luck in the future, and on the special day of your 100th cap Noel Reid. <3

Muldoon's last game ever also, reckon he'll win it.

Edinburgh and Glasgow picking their strongest available side. Scarlets also going strong against the Dragons, probably killing any chance of Edinburgh collecting second in Conf B.

Glasgow claiming to have bought 60% of the 18,000 tickets sold in Edinburghs back yard, which is a touch humiliating!

Leinster putting out an alright team. No doubt many will try and find some hidden message from Cullen in Byrne at 10 and Carvery at 15 when in reality it's just the easiest way of getting both on the pitch.

I won't be able to see it but I reckon a very strong Leinster bench might see them take it. Chance for one or two lads to stake their clams for Bilbao but in reality this game is all about Muldoon. It would be nice to sweep the interpros this season but I wouldn't begrudge him a win in his last game either. Tbh honest I don't know that he was underused by Ireland. If you were an 8 looking for Ireland caps with Heaslip around was always going to be more or less futile. Should definitely have been in more squads etc though.

Connacht will hammer us today.

Hopefully Horwitz and Godwin are good for them next year, add a bit of brain power to this operation and they'll be playoff contenders .

Last edited:
Tough on Benneton, they'll probably finish 15 points clear of the ospreys but still lose out on a playoff for the final European spot.

Wow. Leinster I know it 2nd string but well alot of guys from bit I've seen have regressed a bit. Carbery and Lowe have been scarily bad.

Delighted Muldoon is going out like this. A true warrior.
Reid was awful too

Picking out three back from that game to criticise would suggest the issues were further in. Pack got mushed, no one has "regressed".

Fair fucks Connacht, nice end to a bad season.

Picking out three back from that game to criticise would suggest the issues were further in. Pack got mushed, no one has "regressed".

Fair fucks Connacht, nice end to a bad season.
As I said. Seen bits. I'm sure there were worst. But that a bad hammering for 2nd string like depth seems to be lighter than suggested.

For all Bods comments on Ulster being a basket case. They are only 10points off with a game to play.

Latest posts