• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England in New Zealand

Of 2682 ODI's played the have been 23 ties (0.86%). That works out at 1 tie every 116 games.
If the TAB (or other betting agency) is offering odds of greater than $116 : 1 on the game its probably a good bet then, though it would likely be a very long wait before it payed off!!! ( I can't find out what the odds of a tie are in the next game because they are not up yet).

Is that the first time 2 teams have had a drawn game at the same venue twice? Does that make sense?

Is that the first time 2 teams have had a drawn game at the same venue twice? Does that make sense? [/b]

Yes, though there are two other grounds with two ties (not involving the same teams though) - Sharjah C.A. Stadium (Sri Lanka), and Bouruda stadium (Guyana).

Nasty looking injury to Bell taking the ball full whack on his wrist. At least Harmison's first ball didn't miss second slip.

That was some catch by Cook to get rid of Flemming. England will be looking to break the partnership early and if they can then they should be able to restrict New Zealand to something in or around 350. If not it could be a frustrating day for the tourists.

You've got to wonder what the hell Harmison is doing in the side, I know you want to have wicket takers in your team but Harmison is too much a liability to even compensate for the odd good ball, surely someone like Broad or Anderson deserves a spot.

New Zealand very much on target for a massive first innings score reaching 387-6 at lunch thanks in no small part to the century from Ross Taylor nicely supported by Vettori

You've got to wonder what the hell Harmison is doing in the side, I know you want to have wicket takers in your team but Harmison is too much a liability to even compensate for the odd good ball, surely someone like Broad or Anderson deserves a spot. [/b]

Oh Harmy? He's currently filling the role we call the "Darren Gough" position. Essentially a guy who takes wickets (maybe, on a good day) but always leaks runs like Wales used to leak points in the bad old days.

426 for 7 now with tayor just going for 120 with a good innings :)

i hope vettori kicks on and gets 100, or at least has enough time to get it.

470 all out, i was hoping for 500 at least.

88 from vettori as well but last 3 wickets fell for 19.

oh well we will see how our bowlers go.

270 to avoid the follow on, they should get that.

It's entertainment, but not batting. [/b]

His block shots are batting lol. Btw he totally got clean bowled by Sidebottom this afternoon! But I think most batsmen would struggle with that ball he bowled.. was a beauty lol.

England's run rate pedestrian to say the least only adding 72 runs in the session and losing Vaughan along the way for 63.

they are going at an astounding 2.07 rpo at the moment, its great to watch (watching it online on cricinfo is much better than on tv, thats saying something)

if only we could get a few more wickets quickly we could make a game of it.

Hussain made a good point when in with the Sky NZ boys about how there was a much better chance of getting a result had the pitch been slightly better prepared citing numerous edges that simply weren't carrying.

Anyone watching this on Sky UK, the Sky NZ boys, especially Crowe, I think don't seem to pleased with the decision to give Collingwood out, what do Sky make of it?

So England 347/7 at lunch, Sidebottom surviving a decent shout from Patel but unlike Harper Davis has given the batsman the benefit of the doubt.

Well it should be a more than handy lead for New Zealand now, depending on how quick they get rid of Monty. Whether there's enough time for them to build enough of a lead and take 10 wickets though remains to be seen.

So a lead of 122 for New Zealand, wonder will those 2 quick wickets from Patel be the turning point in this test match???

Well never easy staying awake during these test matches but woke up just in time to see Sidebottom take a hat trick and another beauty of a catch from Alastair Cook.

Latest posts