• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Post-WC discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel so sorry for Corbs when fit and going best Prop in the world

Well he was at one time!

Not sure you come back from what he has been through but taking a year off certainly can only make it that much more difficult!!

According to the Telegraph, we are going to be having:

Head Coach - Jones (also the de facto "attack" coach)
Defence - Gustard
Forwards - Borthwick
Backs -
Skills -
Scrum -

I'd love to get Neal Hatley in as scrum coach (he is Bath's scrum coach, right?).
The job they've done on their props is mental. Consider how terrible Thomas, Auterac and Lahiff were at their previous clubs (hell, even Australia didn't want Lahiff, he was so bad) then look how they almost instantly became after joining Bath.
Also produced Corbs, so was responsible for turning him into one of the best looseheads in the business (at the time - i.e. the run up to/the Lions tour).

Hatley is a wonderful coach - really, really likeable - as evidenced by half of his academy charges at LI following him to Bath.

Jones
Gustard
Borthwick
Hepher
Hartley
Skills coach - ?

That is a pretty nice lineup if they can click.

All have worked with some of the most promising youngster in the country.

Wilko skills coach?

Premiership rugby facebook page posted a Sarries statement confirming England have made an offer for Gustard, said they're hoping it'll be settled in 24-48hrs.

Wilko skills coach?

Premiership rugby facebook page posted a Sarries statement confirming England have made an offer for Gustard, said they're hoping it'll be settled in 24-48hrs.

Either skills coach or a Dave Alred role.

I called it with Gustard ages ago (I'm so good). For me it was obvious but everyone else thought Sanderson.

Trying to think of skills coaches about in England?

Maybe best to look SH for that?

Mapletoft for Skills coach?

Quins back coach in charge of attack.

Was RFU national academy coach for 4 years.

And Head coach and Backs coach for the U20 team in 2008 and 09 that reach back to back finals and won a grand slam.

Could be a interesting one.

Decent CV that, I could get behind it.

Also he always comes across very well when they interview him mid-game on BT Sport, so that's another thumbs up :p

The only problem with all of these charges is that they've all got jobs atm. The clubs will take a knock losing their staff like this.

Just thinking about Daly vs Joseph...

Joseph is not a big centre - but he's 12kg heavier than Daly.

Next time someone calls Eastmond too small, they'd do well to remember that Daly is only 1kg heavier.

Last edited:
The more I think about it the more I really want this U23 thing to go ahead. Would be a great experience I they could continue it and go to say Japan, Georgia, Canada etc as well. And instead of having of using Saxons games for player returning from injury or out of form experienced players let them stay at the club and let them handle it and give the Young guys game time.

Still dream that the RFU and PRL could agree a change to the A league.

Having a A league to run alongside the AP, on a Monday (maybe get BT to show one game a week instead of the crap that Rugby tonight has become) so day Leicester play sale @ Tigers on Saturday the Monday A fixture would be Sale v Leicester @ Sale. Where if clubs really needed they could bring up players from lower leagues to help with numbers IF need and with said clubs permission.

Play the U18 Academy league during the European comp. with say 8 pool games split between 2 Conferences North and South as is.

North
Falcons
Yorkshire
Doncaster
Rotherham
Sale
Leicester
Saints
Wasps
Nottingham

South
Wuss
Glous
Bedford
Bristol
Exeter
Harlequins
Saracens
Irish
Bath

with a finals weekend as is (two 1st place teams against each other for championship, 2nd V 2nd for plate etc etc).

And finally have LV cup games scraped and left as rest periods for clubs.

End up with a proper system like this from transitioning players.

U18 Academy league
U18 England (6N + Summer tours)
U20 England (6N + JRWC)
A league
U23 England (Summer Tours)
Challenge cup rugby (for teams in that)
AP rugby
Champions Cup rugby (for teams in that)
England international rugby

That's my dream.

Really like the U23s idea and arguably that should have been the Saxons all along.

Decent CV that, I could get behind it.

Also he always comes across very well when they interview him mid-game on BT Sport, so that's another thumbs up :p

The only problem with all of these charges is that they've all got jobs atm. The clubs will take a knock losing their staff like this.

The plus side is you create new opportunities for talented young coaches to shine, while hopefully improving a group of our brightest coaches.

Just thinking about Daly vs Joseph...

Joseph is not a big centre - but he's 12kg heavier than Daly.

Next time someone calls Eastmond too small, they'd do well to remember that Daly is only 1kg heavier.

Where did you get that? Wiki says that Daly's 12kg heavier than Eastmond and 1kg heavier than Joseph. (92, 91, 80)

Wasps reckon Daly's 98kg (don't believe that); Bath say 91 for Joseph and 82 for Eastmond.

Obviously, lies, damn lies etc.etc. but those numbers sound more likely to me...

Where did you get that? Obviously, lies, damn lies etc.etc. but those numbers sound more likely to me...

http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/wasps.php?section=3

Trust those more than most sources TBH - clubs are less guarded about fiddling with those numbers in my experience.

No ****ing chance is Daly 98 - I'd be surprised if he was much over 85, let alone over 90.

Anyway... it's not all that important - just something I think people should bear in mind - particularly those suggesting he might play 12.

Last edited:
http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/wasps.php?section=3

Trust those more than most sources TBH - clubs are less guarded about fiddling with those numbers in my experience.

No ****ing chance is Daly 98 - I'd be surprised if he was much over 85, let alone over 90.

I don't think I've ever seen Joseph reported as being that heavy - neither by club nor by country - and struggle to believe that. That's also the lightest Daly's been put at by quite a margin either. Really does not look right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts