• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Post-WC discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the Euro action is completed before the training camp begins. Who would make your preferred starting XV and who would make your Eddie Jones expected starting XV against Scotland?

My preferred and favourites XV:

1. Mako Vunipola
2. Jamie George
3. Dan Cole (only because Brookes is out)
4. Joe Launchbury
5. George Kruis (captain)
6. Chris Robshaw
7. Matt Kvesic
8. Josh Beaumont
9. Ben Youngs
10. Owen Farrell
11. Jack Nowell
12. Sam Hill
13. Elliot Daly
14. Anthony Watson
15. Mike Brown

Eddie Jones expected XV:

1. Mako Vunipola
2. Dylan Hartley (c)
3. Dan Cole
4. Joe Launchbury
5. George Kruis
6. Chris Robshaw
7. James Haskell
8. Billy Vunipola
9. Ben Youngs
10. George Ford
11. Jack Nowell
12. Owen Farrell
13. Jonathan Joseph
14. Anthony Watson
15. Mike Brown

But I am hoping that the media speculation around Hartley and Haskell is all just rubbish, and Jones sticks to his word about players best in position (see Jamie George vs Hartley here) and his word about no more 6.5s (see Kvesic vs Haskell here).

I think Beaumont will have increased his stock, but not enough to break into the 23.
His first two starts at captain (he's captained when Braid's been subbed before), two BP wins and two MOTM.

Really like him as a captain, gets on well with the referees and seems to always say the right thing in the right way to get the ref on his side.
I've said it before but I don't rate Itoje as a captain - disrespectful to referees and rubs them up the wrong way (I've said it before, again, but he was threatened with a red card when captaining Sarries vs Us in the opening game of the season for the way he was talking to/shouting the referee).

I reckon you've got your EJ XV spot on, the only question is if Nowell will be fit? The games in two weeks and he's not back playing yet.
When is Ashton's appeal? With Yarde going off injured for Quins (not sure of the seriousness of that), Ashton up in the air and Nowell with a question mark over his head we really need to get some wingers into the squad.
Especially as it's increasinly looking like Goode will have the 23 shirt!

Ah damn, thought that might happen just after I posted my personal squad predications. No worries, will look forward to the chat in the shiny new thread tomorrow.

Aha, literally the only reason I didn't lock it straight off is because I wanted to see what people thought to that/the potential winger crisis, and thought it might get lost in the move :p

Ok, done, **** aff the lot of you.

And remember, this was all Tony's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts