Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
My 30 man squad:

Props: Corbisiero, Cole, Doran-Jones, Matt Stevens
Hookers: Hartley, Webber, George
Locks: Parling, Lawes, Palmer, Attwood
Back row: Robshaw, Croft, Morgan, Wood, Clark (or Armitage if RFU allow special circumstances)
Scrum halfs: Dickson, Youngs, Care
Fly halfs: Farrell, Flood
Centres: Tuilagi, Barrit, Joseph, Waldouck
Wings: Ashton, May, Wade
Full backs: Foden, Brown

Admin Edit:
Actual England Squad:
[h=3]Forwards (23)[/h]
Mouritz Botha (Saracens)
Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers)
Alex Corbisiero (London Irish)
Paul Doran Jones (Northampton Saints)
Phil Dowson (Northampton Saints)
Carl Fearns (Bath Rugby)
Joe Gray (Harlequins)
Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints)
James Haskell (Otago Highlanders)
Tom Johnson (Exeter Chiefs)
Graham Kitchener (Leicester Tigers)
Joe Launchbury (London Wasps)
Joe Marler (Harlequins)
Lee Mears (Bath Rugby)
Ben Morgan (Scarlets)
Matt Mullan (Worcester Warriors)
Tom Palmer (Stade Francais)
Geoff Parling (Leicester Tigers)
Chris Robshaw (capt, Harlequins)
George Robson (Harlequins)
Matt Stevens (Saracens)
Thomas Waldrom (Leicester Tigers)
Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers)
[h=3]Backs (19)[/h]
Anthony Allen (Leicester Tigers)
Chris Ashton (Northampton Saints)
Brad Barritt (Saracens)
Mike Brown (Harlequins)
Danny Care (Harlequins)
Lee Dickson (Northampton Saints)
Owen Farrell (Saracens)
Toby Flood (Leicester Tigers)
Ben Foden (Northampton Saints)
Alex Goode (Saracens)
Charlie Hodgson (Saracens)
Jonathan Joseph (London Irish)
George Lowe (Harlequins)
Ugo Monye (Harlequins)
David Strettle (Saracens)
Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers)
Jordan Turner-Hall (Harlequins)
Christian Wade (London Wasps)
Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll be taking a bigger squad than that, as we have midweeks too. We took 44men to Aus/NZ the other year, so I'd expect around that, made up of EPS+Saxons
I've also heard that Henry Thomas will be going.

This is what I think (it's a mixture of what I want/what I expect :p ) going off of the make up of the 44man squad (4 hookers, 6 props, 5 locks, 9 back row, 5 centres, 4 flyhalves, 4 scrumhalves, 7 back three)

Props: Corbisiero, Cole, Doran-Jones, Stevens, Marler, Thomas
Hookers: Hartley, Gray, George, Brooker, (I think Webber will still be out then)
Locks: Botha, Lawes, Parling, Palmer, Attwood (though I wouldn't be surprised to see Palmer dropped in favour of someone younger)
Backrow: Croft, Robshaw, Morgan, Dowson, Wood, Clarke, Fearns/Waldrom
Scrumhalf: Dickson, Youngs, Care, Spencer (presuming Simpson is unavailable)
Flyhalf: Farrell, Flood, Hodgson, Burns
Centre: Barritt, Tuilagi, Twelvetrees, Trinder, Turner-Hall
Back-Three: Strettle, Ashton, Foden, Brown, Sharples, Benjamin, May (Wade could be in for one of Benjamin/May if he gets back playing, and well, by the end of the season - not being in the Saxons will count against him)

I'd have:

Corbisiero, Wood, Marler; Hartley, Webber/ Brooker, George, Gray; Cole, Doran-Jones, Stevens

Lawes, Botha, Attwood, Parling, Robson

Croft, Robshaw, Armitage, Wood, Saull, Seymour, Morgan, Waldrom, Narraway

Youngs, Dickson, Care, Simpson

Flood, Farrell, Burns, Lamb

Barritt, Tuilagi, Turner-Hall, Joseph, Twelvetrees

Sharples, Ashton, Strettle, Wade/ Armitage, May, Foden, Brown, Goode

Weekend / Mid-week:
1. Corbisiero / Mullan
2. Hartley / Gray
3. Cole / Stevens
4. Lawes / Palmer
5. Parling / Attwood
6. Croft / Clark EDIT: just seen the video of him on Hawkins, don't want him in anymore, so Dowson.
7. Wood (capt.) / Seymour
8. Morgan / Fearns
9. Care / Dickson
10. Farrell / Burns
11. Strettle (assuming JSD's England career is over...) / Wade
12. Barritt / Allen
13. Tuilagi / Trinder
14. Sharples / Ashton
15. Foden / Brown
16. Webber / George
17. PDJ / Marler
18. Robson / Botha
19. Robshaw / Waldrom
20. Youngs / Spencer
21. Flood / Ford
22. May / Joseph

+ S. Armitage if he gets an English contract and Benjamin/Goode

I may be being a little optimistic. ^_^

Last edited:
When do we next get to change the EPS?

Also, Olyy - how highly do you rate Thomas' scrummaging? I'll be honest, I kinda fear for the kid over there, and wonder if its a good call.

Sheesh, are we getting close to that already!?!

Really looking forward to the tour and how great is it to see mid-week matches back on the menu. The English starting XV looks quality for the most part though I wouldn't be able to comment on form and should be relatively settled as opposed to the likely Bok team. It's anybody's guess which route Meyer will go with selections and being in the middle of Super rugby we'll likely struggle with injuries and getting the team to gel. I expect a pretty conservative approach with one or two new faces on the pitch and two on the bench bench.

Also, Olyy - how highly do you rate Thomas' scrummaging? I'll be honest, I kinda fear for the kid over there, and wonder if its a good call.
Considering his age it's pretty good. He's no Dan Cole, but usually holds his own. He was getting better every game, up until his knee injury.
He excels in open field though, his workrate is outstanding - like a young Gethin Jenkins in that respect. He's only 21 so his scrummaging will get better with time, and the fact he's had so much premiership experience (at first due to injuries, and then due to merit) will help him.
He was told that he was selected for the Saxons, despite being long-term-injured before the squads were announced, because Lancaster wanted to use him in the summer.
He won't get anywhere near the test side, and will probably warm the bench for the dirt trackers, but would be good to be bringing through another young tighthead (so him or Rupert Harden).

Don't get me wrong, Thomas is a phenomenal player outside the set-piece (particularly given his age) and I look forwards to seeing him with England, and salute Lancaster's ambition here at least, but I do worry that throw in the set piece and its a year too soon - particularly given the injury. If you reckon he's been improving and will handle it, cool runnings. I love the idea that in a couple of years they'll introduce 8 man benches, and we'll be able to select (when fit) Cole, Corbs, Thomas and Marler. That'll f**k people up. Big style.

Do the Saxons have any games of their own this year?

Finally - citing committee might have something to say about Hartley/Clark. Especially Clark.

Aye, Doubt Clark will be around even if his ban runs out before.
Presumably an extra Saxon will tour, or maybe that young London Irish 7 (Gibson, is it?) or Kvesic.
If Hartley misses it then wed probably see Meats as first choice Booker as he'd be the only one with any caps at all =\

I don't think the Saxons have any games in the summer anymore, just the dirt track team on the main tour.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Is haskell back in england by then?

mine would be same as ollyy except:
an extra prop (stevens???) for a back row probably dowson
joseph for turner-hall
goode for brown

Not sure on Haskell - the Super XV season will be over then, and he'll technically be a Wasps player...
Not sure if he'd miss any training through still being in NZ or what not.
If he was available I'd definitely have him in the squad.

I was under the impression Super Rugby went on longer this year, and had a break for the 6N.. if so then Haskell would be out until the AIs. Either way, I've said before he was England's best player of 2011 (imo) so I'd definitely like him to be involved at some point - before the 6N he would have been a shoe-in for my XV wearing 6 (ahead of both Croft and Robshaw). Now Croft's threatened to return to 2009 form and Robshaw's played an excellent role as an extra blindside I'm not so sure...

Yeah, Super rugby will only take a break for 3 weeks during the June tests and then there are 3 regular season 'match-weeks' before the play-offs.

I'm sure Haskell should be available for England during this time?

(I distinctly remember there is 3 weeks after the tests against England because the Stormers have 3 'easy' matches against the Cheetahs-away and the Lions and Rebels at home; 12-15 log points at the business end of the competition)

Last edited:
Ah, I'd forgotten it was a shortened season last year.
No idea about Haskell then - if it's possible then I say yes yes yes, however I'm not sure if they will use him if it's still in season for him.

I'm no expert on the nefarious dark arts of the front row, but isn't it time for Matt Stevens to be put out to pasture? Granted, he offers a fair bit outside of the scrum, but in light of how dominant a weapon this has, potentially, become, isn't it time to pick those who excel in this over ability in the loose?

I'm no expert on the nefarious dark arts of the front row, but isn't it time for Matt Stevens to be put out to pasture? Granted, he offers a fair bit outside of the scrum, but in light of how dominant a weapon this has, potentially, become, isn't it time to pick those who excel in this over ability in the loose?

Maybe this is his farewell tour in front of his home crowd... :p

England Squad To South Africa

Well its that time near the end of the season where people like to talk about who will go on England's summer tour.

So who is the squad going to be?

i Would sugggest these players should deserve an oppurtunity

Joseph, Wade, Miller, Wood (Gloucester), Johnson (Exeter), Garvey (London Irish), Launchbury, Burns,Armitage (Toulon)

Those are the players on top of the six nations EPS id love to see go.

Any other 45 man squads?

Looks like Mike Catt could be the backs coach. Good or bad decision?.

Not completely sure, to be honest. A step up from Farrell, for sure.
Could probably do a job in the short term, with Wayne Smith coming in after the tour/when he's free.

Tom Wood has been ruled out of the tour with his foot.

David Seymour David Seymour David Seymour David Seymour David Seymour David Seymour David Seymour David Seymour David Seymour David Seymour David Seymour David Seymour

Latest posts