• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v France

.....yeah?
Ball still came out in the end, doesn't matter how slowly!

I thought Tindalls try should've been, after seend the replay - wasn't held on the ground at all, and didn't even stop/lose momentum

Dunno I felt it was touch and go whether there was someone's hand on his back.

.....yeah?
Ball still came out in the end, doesn't matter how slowly!

I thought Tindalls try should've been, after seend the replay - wasn't held on the ground at all, and didn't even stop/lose momentum

Thought Youngs looked good in the first 10-15mins, then average the rest - apart from messing up the 3 on 1 overlap by kicking, don't think he did anything wrong, his passes went to hand etc. though I agree he wasn't as good as he could have been

Na. he went for the wrong option alot of the time and it went to hand sometimes to players who had to check there run in order to catch it.

On the Tindall thing. Thought at one point his knee was on the floor and someone was holding him. Therefore, he be tackled. Been a Munster peep I've seen that alot with David Wallace. Sometimes they go your way, sometimes it doesn't.

Nah. He was released by the tackler, then he got up and went again.
68.gif

Well it seems France has the same problem as the previous weeks, once they get behind they loss grip.
Good game by england, they can already claim the 6N ***le.

You sometimes see ones like Tindall given, but I think he was just held on the deck at the back.

Oh well. Not particularly bothered right now for some reason...

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to Louis Deacon. Well done sir.

Great Game of Rugby, Hats off to the Ref, who had a cracking game

I'm really skeptic about the penalties in scrums. How do yo explain that it is the first time in years we were penalized like that? Anyway, our scrum was way stronger than England's on impacts so no doubt things will get back to normal next time.
The English TV commentator Brian Moore was having orgasms over how well the scrum was reffed. His main points are about binding on the arm rather than the shirt and crooked feeds by the scrum half. Seemed good to me - England even coughed up a scrum against the head, which I think Chabal kind of screwed up, but then France got the penalty.

France's real problem is the ball comes out the rucks way too slow, and the defence just waits to gobble up their back moves. But even if the ball had been quicker, you still need Basteraud to blow the **** out of a defence like England's.

First half France were getting good returns from England's poor protection of quick ball at the ruck, but looks like England tightened that up in the second half. I missed 3Q, so not sure. Was it down to replacements in the backrow?

Good match. I hope Ireland will be waiting for England with menace.

I just think it's funny that so many French are in denile that they were beaten in the scrums, the French front row were put under pressure causing them to bind illegaly as simple as that. I disagree about cole being the best tighthead in the world... Adam jones

A great win for England and it was good for them to have to dig deep and get a gritty win. I thought France were marginally better in the first half but in the second half England played really well and they controlled the breakdown. France looked very nervous and they didn't have the penetration or creativity that they usually had. I thought England were very good in the pack in the second half and they defended really well. Palmer controlled the lineout and he seemed to lead up front. Wood also had a good game both at the breakdown and in open play. Tindall was also very good but Hape was quite poor and he offered nothing in attack. I have always liked Ben Foden and I thought he was really impressive today. I think he really controlled things in the back three really well. I also thought Clancy had a great game and reffed really well especially in such a scrappy game.

French was NOT beaten in the scrum, ref was just awful. The whole world (yes, not only French, have a look at some other forums) is complaining about how the ref behave with the scrums, but you guys seem to ignore it. And i'm not even speaking about what happened in the last 20mn. English played well, but without Mr Clancy the score would have been totally different.

I think both games today were reffed very well - Hats off to Barnes and Clancy

Also agree on Deacon - I've been very vocal in my dislike of him, but he's done well this tournament, with this match being the standout so far
Hape really needs to do some tackling practise - He leads with his shoulder, often with no arms at all - It's a good job his defensive positioning is fairly lackluster and the defenders can just move out of his tackles, otherwise he'd be pinged for it over and over

French was NOT beaten in the scrum, ref was just awful. The whole world (yes, not only French, have a look at some other forums) is complaining about how the ref behave with the scrums, but you guys seem to ignore it. And i'm not even speaking about what happened in the last 20mn. English played well, but without Mr Clancy the score would have been totally different.

The whole world generally doesn't know what it's talking about. The ref was for once good at the scrum. Surprisngly enough, because I used to think him a bit useless.

I also thought it was good to see the touch judges getting more involved in the scrums, today (calling infringements on their side of the scrum that the ref couldn't see)

For those that missed it i've just found the eye-gouge on Simon Shaw (was wrong about the player before):

Last edited by a moderator:
I also thought it was good to see the touch judges getting more involved in the scrums, today (calling infringements on their side of the scrum that the ref couldn't see)

For those that missed it i've just found the eye-gouge on Simon Shaw (was wrong about the player before):

That is like SO last year...a Frenchman out of fashion?? 8 week ban.

Very good game, very physical and confrontational with neither side willing to take a step back. Is it just me or were the French offside a LOT?

Shame about Andrew Sheridan, he was putting in a good performance before he was taken off. And in the spirit of all this 'whose the best front row in rugby' argument, I dont know why people say Sheridan is contender for best loosehead, Its all 'bout Tim 'the power' Payne....

Its legality not dominance. France may have gone forwards in the scrum a few times but if they a binding illegally then they should be penalized. Clancy was consistent for both teams and he did not put up with any prop binding on the arm.

1. Good win for England. No more hiccups please, we're the best team in this tournament, let's go get a grand slam!

2. Palmer, need say no more. Don't think Haskell's getting enough credit, he virtually took Chabal out of the game with some immense tackling. Otherwise, good performances from the entire pack did us for the win.

3. Centres still both shite.

4. Scrums - we really fronted up here well. The French gave a few pens away from really silly errors like premature engagement, but in general they were about 50/50.

Latest posts