• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v France

Mike Catt man of the match hmmm dunno but 36 years of age and still carving up on the field. I would of picked Jason Robinson he played a good game.

The most important ankle tap an english player has ever made ?

y / n ?

What a game though, I'm just breathless. [/b]

i was sure clerc was away....that tackle possibly put us inthe final...i thought that if we survived that last french scrum by the line we'd survive the last ten and win...wilko had poor game but once again he came through with the goods in the end to seal the victory...hopefully we can start to get sum respect from toher nations now that we pull through when it matters....we may not play pretty rugby (even tho robbos break was the best in the game) but this is knock out rugby!!!

Absolute magic,We have the hearts of lions,Each and every one of those players has just given everything they had to give and it was enough,This feels special,To beat the French in their own back yard,Those French supporters really thought this was going to be there world cup,But you dont automaticlly win it just cos your hosting it.I wonder if rugby fans from all over the world who seem to hate the English,Especially the Aussies who were there tonight in large numbers to cheer France on,Will that gain any amount of respect from you all,Probably not,Oh well,On to another world cup final,The Argies or the boks,You will have a mountain to climb to get your hands on our trophy.

hosting it.I wonder if rugby fans from all over the world who seem to hate the English,Especially the Aussies who were there tonight in large numbers to cheer France on,Will that gain any amount of respect from you all,Probably not,Oh well,On to another world cup final,The Argies or the boks,You will have a mountain to climb to get your hands on our trophy.
[/b]

now, now, don't be bitter. who were you supporting last week? Englands oldest enemy? or Englands most faithful colony? LOL

Congratulations to England, I told you guys my little toe never lies. What a brilliant game, knife-edge stuff all the way.

Hopefully our boks will meet you next week :)

Phil Vickerys interview lol

This has been amazing from England. WE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN HERE.

Josh Lewsey, I hope hes fit for Saturday. He did a Howley!

Shaw was immense, Tait stood up for himself, Regan was great. Vickery, Sheridan, my lord these players were beaten 36-0.

hahaha

Well We have shown all the doubters, that we are still a force to be reckoned with...

Now bring on the Argies or the Boks...

I don't care who we face.....

WOW We have shown the world that ENGLAND CAN STILL PLAY RUGBY!!![/b]
But you didnt play rugby. Did the ball actually go through your centre's even once?

Well done England but this is a tradegy for Rugby as a whole. One of the most Sterile, tacticly inept teams to play the game has now gone through to the final. Its not actually Englands fault though. Its those f***ing French. They have f***ed up the whole tournament for everyone. Gobshites.

Apologies is this comment annoy's the English fans. Its not meant as an anti-English rant. I was delighted for you last weekend but I really really feel the tournament deserves a better final then this English team is capable of providing.

After the high's of last weekend, this is such a let down. I am seriously ****** off.

just as i predicted. england went away with a win with johnny wilkinsons kicks. :)
go the mighty poms

Well Logorrhea, I`m gonna disagree with that statement. The object of the game of rugby is to end up scoring more points than your opponents, not? And England did just that in their last 2 games.

Yup, it wasn`t pretty, but it was mighty effective. A very good effort especially on defense, and at the coalface, by England. You English blokes have earned my respect with these last 2 wins, for sure.

As for France, well you guys played the more attractive rugby, for sure. Especially in the 1st 20, varying the game beautifully. In the end, it was just not good enough.

All in all, everything that a game of test rugby needs to be. Tough, uncompromising, intense, hard and fair. Big hits flying in left, right and centre. Excellent advertisement of everything test rugby should be all about!

<div class='quotemain'> WOW We have shown the world that ENGLAND CAN STILL PLAY RUGBY!!![/b]
But you didnt play rugby. Did the ball actually go through your centre's even once?

Well done England but this is a tradegy for Rugby as a whole. One of the most Sterile, tacticly inept teams to play the game has now gone through to the final. Its not actually Englands fault though. Its those f***ing French. They have f***ed up the whole tournament for everyone. Gobshites.

Apologies is this comment annoy's the English fans. Its not meant as an anti-English rant. I was delighted for you last weekend but I really really feel the tournament deserves a better final then this English team is capable of providing.

After the high's of last weekend, this is such a let down. I am seriously ****** off.
[/b][/quote]
What a typical celtic response.The best team won-end of.The team that scored the only try won.Ireland were crap, but don't blame the english for your crap RWC07 experience.Rugby is a 15 man game, and England are playing that.Get over it.

<div class='quotemain'> WOW We have shown the world that ENGLAND CAN STILL PLAY RUGBY!!![/b]

[/b][/quote]

Well this is a rant about England... ENGLAND scored the only try in this game and then kicked there way to victory... We played a defensive game but also it was never gonna be an open game... No one in the right mind would play an open game at that stage of the World Cup... Christ look at Ireland they never played an Open game for the entire World Cup...

Who cares who hates who, and who gobs off about who. The fact is that what ever those SH types say there is more to this great game than pure skill. It is 90% heart and 10% skill, and that is the difference between them and us. We are where we are because of shear guts, determination and pride. And that counts for far more than the likes of having a Carter in your side. We may not be the best technical or skillful team, but so what, I believe that this current England team (win or lose the final) epitomise everything that is great about rugby.

[/b][/quote]

Well I'm also ****** off, that's twice now in 3 world cups that the French have gone and screwed things up, they're always capable of pulling off the big wins but never capable of following it up, case in point again tonight.

So you're ****** off that France didn't perform... even though they beat NZ?
Talking about NZ.. why aren't you ****** off that NZ didn't perform......?
AND WHY DIDN'T IRELAND PERFORM?!?! :huh:

And how can you say, that a team who has defied the odds, made the greatest comeback in rugby history (in my opinion), in the greatest rugby world cup ever (in my opinion) have made it through to the finals. We have had the biggest heart and such willingness to sacrifice themselves. England definately deserve. Also, the ball did go through the centres about 10 times. :cheers: :bana: :bravo:

Am I the only All Black Fan sitting there watching this game, and thinking... how the f*** did we blow it? how on gods green earth aren't we in this game and these two teams are?

Than I look at my Wayne Barnes and Wayne Smith (Everybody named Wayne must die) Voodoo Doll's and remember why.

[/b][/quote]
that's true i hate to see the worst team of the cup at the final, but don't worry the pumas will nail them at the final the same way we naiedl brian and ronan jajaja