• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Canada - 10/07/21

You know that's orders from the coach right?
All 10's play to their coaches calls the ones who don't tend to not get picked (ala Cipriani).

Of course I know that. Jones' tactics are a complete disgrace and he should pick a system to suit the players. When you get to the point that your system involves getting rid of the ball as fast as possible, wherever you are on the field, your tactics are questionable at best.

When even Gatland acknowledges the talents of British and Irish Lion Marcus Smith, I don't think I'm alone in my views...

See Randall there clearly didn't realise how Dombrandt offloads and wasn't ready. However, that will come with time and spending more time together.

Of course I know that. Jones' tactics are a complete disgrace and he should pick a system to suit the players. When you get to the point that your system involves getting rid of the ball as fast as possible, wherever you are on the field, your tactics are questionable at best.

When even Gatland acknowledges the talents of British and Irish Lion Marcus Smith, I don't think I'm alone in my views...

Why can people not take I don't think ___ insert young talented player is ready yet for the top International teams too This player isn't talented.

I clearly think he is talented.

Why can people not take I don't think ___ insert young talented player is ready yet for the top International teams too This player isn't talented.

I agree, on the other hand, especially under Jones he has been conservative in his picks. You ask if I would have Farrell or Ford at 10 in the Autumn, well let's see how well that worked out last Autumn and in the 6Ns. Those were probably the worst set of performances under Jones. Yes some players might be picked too soon, but others might not and I think with a bit of time Smith will settle quickly and gain that composure.

It's clearly not too soon for Smith. He's made one of two mistakes. Less than Ford or Farrell make each game. Akker is a Smith hater and belongs in Wales.

Right hope that is the last time we see Ludlow in an England shirt.

Of course you do; that leaves the question as 'is he talented enough to be England's FH?' to which the answer is also yes, I presume.

So what we have is a mild disagreement about the timing of that selection. I feel he's demonstrated that he copes well with every step up he's made, so would probably do the same about playing a 6N or AI game. I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see him getting a Test cap for the B+I Lions (probably off the bench.) It'll only take a positive covid test or injury or two. You may disagree. I have no problems with that.