• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Fiji 26th August 23

All the league recruits the Wallabies got in the early 2000s went well. Walker, Rogers, Sailor, Tuiquiri etc and some of the top guys in the NRL would go so well in union. They get paid **** all as well. Top scorer this season Jamayne Isaako is only on UKpounds - 160'000. Union would be able to triple that.
No I know australia has had great sucess with converts, england not so much.

Comes down to the fact all the best ball players in australia play league while the best in england play union. For the reason you state, money. NRL pays better in aus, union pays better here.

if we are talking RL wish-lists, Kai Pearce-Paul. 6'5 center with a hell of an offloading game. Younger bro is a 2nd row with Saracens.

Kai would make a great 12
Thats another one yeah, young, farnworth and pearce paul or even harry newman. All massive guys that are rapid with good handles. That is the only type of player I see league having that is missing or in low supply in union.Jack welsby is the only other one I would take actually that I think would be good, young quick, like a reincarnation o sam tomkins. Even then I would rather we put the resources on developing our young guys to solve the problem without needing to poach.

Traditionally there where a **** ton of back 3 players, but we have lightning quick guys there that can dodge a tackle, they just dont get picked.