England vs Fiji 26th August 23

Don't Skip Leg Day

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Well it speaks volumes that the stadium won't be full and no one's even created a match day thread yet!

Let hope we see some more pointless kicking, some more one out slow forward runners (who get smashed) and some more pointless kicking back to Fiji who I'm guessing will run back round our defence as most teams seem to.

Great game for Wales to watch. Didn't learn to much from the France game but England are not only as **** as us they play the same **** brand of rugby as us. Gatland said the other day "we know exactly how we want to play against Fiji"
And I thought yeah the same as you want to play against everyone else.

If Fiji run England close/win I will start to worry more than I already am. On the flip side if England maul Fiji to death and kick well and get a convincing win it will give Gatland a recent blueprint to work from.

I'm mercifully seeing my family before being seconded to Canada for 9 months so will miss this dirge.

I barely know why I'm putting England games on currently.

Urgh. More Rugby that I'll watch with optimism before I realise how turgid and boring England are...

You guys had a game plan?
A game what? Who needs one of those when you play exciting heads up rugby not based on an outdated 2019 game plan. We don't have the players for that so it's b@lls to the wall, baa baas, globe trotters England here we go.

Marler and Billy V embarrassing themselves in the face of criticism social media. Quite narcissistic behavior from them both but really doesn't surprise me. The squad under its current (lack of) leadership, it's lifeless performances without a game plan and the attitude of some of the payers is really disconnecting the team from the public.

And then we could discuss the heads of the ERU. It's needs a total shake up.

Still, I'll watch the game and hope we win Saturday.

Marler and Billy V embarrassing themselves in the face of criticism social media. Quite narcissistic behavior from them both but really doesn't surprise me. The squad under its current (lack of) leadership, it's lifeless performances without a game plan and the attitude of some of the payers is really disconnecting the team from the public.

And then we could discuss the heads of the ERU. It's needs a total shake up.

Still, I'll watch the game and hope we win Saturday.

What's been said?

What's been said?
I really hope they are defending our current gameplan and systems. That would entertain me greatly because those systems have turned our toothless England side into a useless toothless England side.

Last edited:
Billy posted this on his Instagram story last night:

Marler's just being a bellend on twitter

Tbh, they're all playing dirge rugby, but I'm not that fussed about them pushing back online.

I'd prefer they did it on the pitch too, but it's not necessarily an either or situation.

At least it's a little bit of fight being shown.

100% the mentality in camp now is "**** everyone else, they don't believe in us", and this is just the social media response to that mentality.

I also think the burrell one is more light hearted, but I don't know their relationship

Yeah it's the airing it in public I'm not keen on,
Bad optics with how bad everything's been with England over the season - better to just let them shout in the wind and do your talking on the pitch......ok now I understand why the clapping back on social media :p

The Billy one is quite apt… he has BEEN those things.
Billy is a guy they look to in order to get that go-forward. Is it going to be the same with Lewis Ludlam or Tom Curry? Is it going to take away from their skills in other positions?
Can't be much worse at present.

A game what? Who needs one of those when you play exciting heads up rugby not based on an outdated 2019 game plan. We don't have the players for that so it's b@lls to the wall, baa baas, globe trotters England here we go.
Baa baas don't kick and the globetrotters actually practice. Show some respect kind sir.

Latest posts