• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs USA

Samoa must be salivating at the thought of playing us, if we continue to play like that.

Great try for america in the end and i don't think anyone can argue there's not a better way to end the game than to see Ollie "The ********" Barkley being dumped on his head.
As the kids say these day, "Lolza!"

Correction: Make that the South Africa and Samoa games. With all those appalling stray passes and knock-ons, the Springboks will absolutely murder us if we play anything like that badly next week.

Samoa will be rubbing their hands together.

Congrats to the US you guys can hold your heads up high.

England the Boks are waiting for you!

Samoa and South Africa are going to turn England inside out. Not a bad game, but seemed like hard work.. although to USA's credit, they did just defend and that's it really.

to be honest i was cheering for the usa for most of that half just so brian ashton can sort it out somehow,

dont know if he was injured or something but where was hipkiss?

Hopefully Dallaglio is gone for good, didnt carry well, if only Dws was fit :S

Easter has to go against the SA,

moody looked quick when he was on and Rees looked good, took his try well, why is cueto still at fullback? lewsey looked very good compared to the rest today.

Barkley looked a different player today, was just a shame to see him get speared at the end.

sheridan looked better, lineout was terrible, vickery should get cited and deservedly so, bet ashtons wishing he chose a few youngsters for the world cup 30?
i just feel sorry for the england supporters that bought tickets to watch the england matches if it carries on this way
:wall:

good try by the US towards the end although Dallaglio didn't help getting himself sent off just before

England were unimpressive except for Barkley who had a great game with his kicking and running - good to see he wasn't seriously injured in that spear-tackle

USA can be confident that they weren't blown away - and look forward to their game with Tonga who they might have a chance against...maybe

England seemed happy to just to finish the damn game

Well its a win with very few positives to take out for England but they can only go on to improve one would hope... Barkley proved why he deserved to be in the squad today, was one of the better players for England...

However I was impressed with the run by Andy Farrell at the end of the game, which is the best I have seen from him, since he switched to Union...

The Spear Tackle deserved more than a yellow, however I expect him to be cited as will Vickery for his blatent trip...

But Well Done America, they had a great game and can only improve from this...

The Chat room is now open and I will be in there to discuss today's games...

I'm in the chat room, preparing my argument as to why it was a good thing that Barkley was dropped on his head. :p

Well played USA. A really bad performance from England - they looked tired and scared of playing badly. It might be unfair to pick out individual players for criticism but i thought LBD, Perry and Vickery were were shocking.

This could be the beginning of the best US performance in a World Cup ever. Maybe, just maybe this will put us on the map as something other than pushovers. This could be the turning point.

Great job Eagles. Match well played.

This could be the beginning of the best US performance in a World Cup ever. Maybe, just maybe this will put us on the map as something other than pushovers. This could be the turning point.

Great job Eagles. Match well played. [/b]

Yes, the Eagles did play well. I have been hoping England will 'turn it on' after each game they've played recently, but this performance was inept, turgid, clumsy, and frustrating. I am one of England's staunchest supporters, but am becoming a little fed up with this kind of performance. Sloppy, nervy, bloody pathetic. Either they had yet another one-off night and will indeed step it up against the Boks, or they are truly shite. Had they a tuppence worth of the passion the Eagles had, I wouldn't have minded too much. Even France's loss to Argentina looked better than this win, if you follow me. They're gonna have to step up to the bloody plate, and soon. Very disappointed and disgusted.

much improved display for the eagles compared to their performance against munster A. showed a bit of spark and their backs looked just as competant as englands

England looked very sluggish...and like Johnno said - far too many mistakes.

As for selection, I agree...Lewsey should be at FB, with Cueto on the wing.

no one really stood up, apart from Barkley...Rees had a good game and should have a good world cup...

I thought Caplin (ref) had a bit of a tough one as well...too long advantages, missed Vickery's trip, the USA 12 eventually got binned but was always lying on the ball...etc etc...all in all the USA will be a lot happier!

Good to see Barkley making the breaks. I missed the spear tackle - is he OK? And Rees showed a lot of wit. Perry gets loads of stick, but I think his pass is excellent.

Anyone else think Vickery should get the boot, citation or no citation? He doesn't impress me + he failed to finish off that brilliant counter attack against France in Marseilles, when Swareski knocked him back as he was going over the line. Dellolio was anonymous, except when he made mistakes. And didn't he get sent off a couple of months ago in the last ten minutes, which then lost England a match? Forget who it was against.

England have power and pace, so I think they can click. But sometime this year would be a great help.

Well loads of fair comments out there, but given the recent past I thought at least the boys are back to winning and can build from here. Plus points for Rees and Barkley. Farrell injected pace when he came on.

So

Oak trees from acorns grow!! :cheers:

Yeah Barkley was checked out okay and continued to the end without complaint. The yank who did the spear tackle was only sin binned, totally ruined the whole mood of the game because by then, I was actually cheering on the USA.

The trip from Vickery was totally unacceptable and I was just had to rub my head in total frustration that we have our captain spending more time being a total idiot rather than focus on getting England out of the duldrums. Catt for Captain I say.

Dallaglio showed us why he shouldn't have gone. He just sat around looking worn out and if he can't bully around a bunch of College frat boys on a two week jolly in France then how can he hope to cope with the Boks?!

Olly Barkley was really good, very impressive with his breaks and his running. He must have thought "well, nobody else seems up for it so I'll have to do it myself." Real BOG stuff, single handedly dragging England to victory.

So happy to see Josh Lewsey in some kind of form, he looked so happy to sprinting through gaps and causing problems rather than having to mop up yet another England defensive howler.

Rees was excellent, everything that an openside should be, enterprising, cunning and brutal. His try was quality and hopefully that should cement his place in the squad.

I was defiently supporting USA for this match and was really pleased when they scored their try! Thought that they deserved it!

The spear tackle on Barkley just strengthened my like for USA, but i was glad that no seroous damage was done!

Good game!

The spear tackle on Barkley just strengthened my like for USA[/b]

f***ing statements like that are sick... I know you said your glad there was no injury but what if there was, would you still like the USA for it...

There is NO PLACE in the sport for spear tackles especially one that was done deliberately...

I hope Emerick is Banned for a Year for it... as he jeapodised someones career and also their life...

Is that all you have, England?

Anyway, that spear tackle wasn't deliberate...you can see he released Mr. Barkley. He shouldn't be banned. It was a good tackle and Barkley went upside down. Non-intentional. End of Story. Great tackle and great mindset for him to release him instead of pile driving him.

But serious, that was England Rugby? Pfffff...give USA Rugby four more years I say, and we're definitely knocking on your door. I gotta start making my notes to train my boyos...the next generation England thumpers!