• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Wales - 12/08/23

Imagine the **** show of an England Wales qtr final.
Don't with the sport in its world wide decline we need as much entertainment value from it as possible, even the biggest fans will find little entertainment with that based on yesterdays game.

Don't with the sport in its world wide decline we need as much entertainment value from it as possible, even the biggest fans will find little entertainment with that based on yesterdays game.
That was meant to be entertainment? I thought it was 30 men all taking really long dumps in a field.

I am assuming that as Faz has previously attended tackle school he can't get a reduction for doing it again?

I am assuming that as Faz has previously attended tackle school he can't get a reduction for doing it again?
He's clearly got a history and had this current system been in place some of his yellows would probably have also been upgraded to red. He should get no mitigation for not having a good record, he can't do tackle school again because he clearly didn't learn anything. It was upright with force to the head so zero mitigation there. It should be minimum 6 weeks which is the rest of the warm ups (lucky we have 4 and not 3) and all of the pool stages.

I need to watch the game back but I can't remember even having that many line outs in Englands 22 that we won. Just seemed a total shambles. It didn't even seem to be a thrower issue the whole lineout was a disorganised mess it was like we didn't even know what the calls were.
It's the lack of vowels.

He's clearly got a history and had this current system been in place some of his yellows would probably have also been upgraded to red. He should get no mitigation for not having a good record, he can't do tackle school again because he clearly didn't learn anything. It was upright with force to the head so zero mitigation there. It should be minimum 6 weeks which is the rest of the warm ups (lucky we have 4 and not 3) and all of the pool stages.
Yup and a guilty plea and remorse should count for **** all. The amount of previous the guy has is huge.

I still haven't forgiven the guy for knocking Watson out in the premiership final. Which he didn't even get penalised for in match and only upgraded to yellow. That was 8 years ago.

What did people think of Lawrence?
Looked much slower than I remember tbh
Also looked to be trying a bit too hard with the offloads,
Gotta know when to show em and know when to hold em - one of our best breaks was from him deciding not to offload and a quick recycle instead
I suppose with how crap we were playing it's not surprising that players might want to try and force something

I'm beyond bored watching us attack now too. Literally since the first game back after the pandemic (was it October or November 2020?) we have looked bereft of any attacking threat. So approaching 3 years.

Other teams make it look ridiculously easy. We make it look unbelievably difficult.

Thought in general, the forwards for England did okay (Think Earl put his hands up for a starting spot at either 7 or 8)
We just can't score tries. With Farrell's potential ban it could help with Ford at 10 (both tactically and in a leadership capacity as mentioned earlier with people not seeming to follow Farrell)
I do have a (possibly overly optimistic) hope that this result could bring the squad together and galvanise them some what.

On a different note, on the discussions about back 3 going forward I do think Freeman is someone that needs more of a chance

I reckon it's a blessing in disguise for England. Everyone seems to rave about him, but I don't get it. He kicks and passes OK, but doesn't seem to offer much else. You don't need to be quick to play 10, but you need a bit of pace. Farrell seems exceptionally slow for an international 10. He rarely makes line-breaks, not even half breaks and when he does he's easily caught. I think he's got 100+ caps and scored 10 tries. Dan Carter, with a similar amount of caps has got around 30.

So he's not very good because he hasn't got as many tries as arguably the best 10 to ever play?

I see your point but I don't think measuring him against Dan Carter makes sense.

I reckon it's a blessing in disguise for England. Everyone seems to rave about him, but I don't get it. He kicks and passes OK, but doesn't seem to offer much else. You don't need to be quick to play 10, but you need a bit of pace. Farrell seems exceptionally slow for an international 10. He rarely makes line-breaks, not even half breaks and when he does he's easily caught. I think he's got 100+ caps and scored 10 tries. Dan Carter, with a similar amount of caps has got around 30.
Generally as well 10's are supposed to come across as the more intelligent ones directing the team and with the most vision and tactical nous. Farrell just comes across as thick. A man who goes though the motions but without an ounce of creativity or ability to think on his feet.

I think it's harsh people doubting Arundell's ability at this level given England's chronic inability to get the ball to our back three in space.

Our USP seems to be give the ball to our forwards for a few phases then send a kick up hoping for Freddie or a winger to win it in the air. It's boring, predictable and just sh*t.

Latest posts