• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Wales - 12/08/23

Sexton's ban is outrageous in light of this, no one heard what he said. IRFU should appeal and just bring a picture of Owen Farrell to the hearing.
Yeah you really took that and ran in the wrong direction huh.

Gotta wonder what WR the IRB* make of that decision with the lawsuits still hanging over the game.

Be interesting to see how they'd talk that away in front of a judge/jury when its put to the court along the lines of "as lately as August 2023, the officials at the highest level in rugby showed scant regard for its players when deciding to rescind what the overwhelming majority of experts agreed was a dangerous tackle making direct head contact at high speed. It appears that viewing figures matter more than player health and wellbeing"

Madness.

*and its really still the IRB in my world. The WR moniker is pathetic.
As if an all Australian panel would have a vested interest in keeping Farrell playing for England, knowing that we underperform and have no flair when he does. Hang on, let me just see who the teams might be in the Group C and D quarter finals ha ha ! - What a joke.

Yeah you really took that and ran in the wrong direction huh.
I'm having fun with it, have been since the whole circus began.

Sexton got about what he deserved in the circumstances but it was a trial by social media, anyone who read the report, looks at his disciplinary record and thinks that he should have received a longer ban is straight wrong.

Mad that this guy predicted the citing decision perfectly on Saturday

(there are more tweets explaining his prediction if you click through)

I don't think they're looking at "legal tackle" it's the shoulder to the face that earns the red no?

There's also nothing to say that without George pushing him it wouldn't have been a shoulder to the face mind.

I don't think they're looking at "legal tackle" it's the shoulder to the face that earns the red no?
According to that little red box in the bottom right - "Mitigation will not apply for intentional or always-illegal acts of foul play"
That tackle could not possibly have been completed legally, even if he had hit a whole foot lower, it would still have been a no-arms shoulder charge, with force.

There is absolutely no possible way that the conclusions agree with the guidelines.

uhcp-en.png

Last edited:
According to that little red box in the bottom left - "Mitigation will not apply for intentional or always-illegal acts of foul play"
That tackle could not possibly have been completed legally, even if he had hit a whole foot lower, it would still have been a no-arms shoulder charge, with force.

There is absolutely no possible way that the conclusions agree with the guidelines.

View attachment 17359
Thanks this was my understanding.

It is weird how they can put weight in the "Maybe it'd have been legal if not for Jamie George" argument, but not in the "He probably would've hit high regardless" argument
Like why does one hypothetical take precedence over the other?

It is weird how they can put weight in the "Maybe it'd have been legal if not for Jamie George" argument, but not in the "He probably would've hit high regardless" argument
Yeah, he might have bent his hips if not for George is a real stretch

It is weird how they can put weight in the "Maybe it'd have been differently illegal if not for Jamie George" argument, but not in the "He probably would've hit high regardless" argument
FTFY

Probably worse for Farrell than if he'd come out saying he should've been banned for 26weeks

Was thinking about the hip tackle v Ireland
Personally as he doesn't land on his head, but arm, then back and shoulder yellow perfectly correct with pen try.
No doubt bunker and citing looked at it and no further action.
Josh Adams clutching his head is the ever growing nature of wendyballer antics creepy into rugby trying to influence decisions.

Latest posts