• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Wales - 12/08/23

I think the only positives England could take from this was that the defense was pretty solid throughout, and they showed tenacity in being 12 down and not giving up, charging forward, and getting points.

If Owen was in fact removed from the squad, who would be next in line to replace him in the squad?

9. Mitchell (assuming JVP out)
10. Ford
11. Arundell
12. Manu
13. Daly
14. Waton
15. Steward

Realistically that's the best we can likely put out imo but would rather bring in a few others from outside the squad

I can't explain it or prove it, but does anyone get the hunch this England team doesn't wanna play with Owen Farrell as captain? Just something doesn't sit right for me- it's as if they've suddenly releases the shackles since he went off the field.

I wonder if he's a captain that's instilling fear rather than belief?

As I say, purely a hunch from watching. Completely open to critique on this one!
Feel like Farrell is the ultimate yes man to the coaches,
Every coach who has ever been around him thinks he's the dogs ********, and I bet that's because he follows their plans to a T and gets everyone else buying into their ideas too
At Saracens he's got a gameplan fit for him, and the rest of the side also slots seamlessly into the gameplan, so it's very successful because he executes it perfectly

With England our gameplan is crap and he doesn't deviate because he's there to follow it and everyone else follows the captains lead

Don't think it's a fear thing, or anything, just a **** gameplan that we follow brainlessly

Can't remember his username (sorry!) but there was a Saracens fan on here yesterday, maybe day before, talking about England's gameplans and how he's shoehorning players in to his ideas rather than building ideas around the skillsets we have available

If England want to salvage their RWC hopes they need to use artificial intelligence to create a virtual Owen Farrell to attend the video hearing and get him to admit that he was aiming for the head, feels no remorse and thinks tackle school is for losers.

If Owen was in fact removed from the squad, who would be next in line to replace him in the squad?
Slade, IMO

Don't think they'd trust another 10 enough to actually get game time, so bring in Slade and have him or Malins as backup 10 vs Chile

Latest posts