• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Englands strongest XV and XXIII without injuries

Smithy

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Plymouth
With so many injuries throughout the squad at the minute, and over the last few seasons, I've forgotten who'd be my best England side if everyone was fully fit and in form (as impossible as this is). Just wondered how much uniformity in opinion there is. Lets say you where England head coach, going into Friday with this scenario, who would you pick? Personally...

1. Corbisiero
2. Hartley (feel he's very underrated, but poor discipline consistently lets him down)
3. Cole (cant choose, seen more of Cole in white shirt)
4. Launchbury
5. Lawes
6. Robshaw
7. S Armitage (biased as he/his family are local to my old hometown, aware of all the reasons why not)
8. Morgan
9. Care
10. Ford
11. May
12. Tualagi
13. Eastmond
14. Watson
15. Brown

16. Marler
17. Youngs
18. Wilson
19. Attwood
20. Vunipola
21. Wigglesworth
22. Farrell
23. Nowell

Farrell over Ford i'm afraid, his defence out weights Ford's Attack + He has been in an All black beating team + has more experience and reliability off the Tee. Ford is my No.2 Fly Half. :p

Farrell over Ford i'm afraid, his defence out weights Ford's Attack + He has been in an All black beating team + has more experience and reliability off the Tee. Ford is my No.2 Fly Half. :p

Lol, andy, I thought Stuart told you to stop plugging your son

With so many injuries throughout the squad at the minute, and over the last few seasons, I've forgotten who'd be my best England side if everyone was fully fit and in form (as impossible as this is). Just wondered how much uniformity in opinion there is. Lets say you where England head coach, going into Friday with this scenario, who would you pick? Personally...

1. Corbisiero
2. Hartley (feel he's very underrated, but poor discipline consistently lets him down)
3. Cole (cant choose, seen more of Cole in white shirt)
4. Launchbury
5. Lawes
6. Robshaw
7. S Armitage (biased as he/his family are local to my old hometown, aware of all the reasons why not)
8. Morgan
9. Care
10. Ford
11. May
12. Tualagi
13. Eastmond
14. Watson
15. Brown

16. Marler
17. Youngs
18. Wilson
19. Attwood
20. Vunipola
21. Wigglesworth
22. Farrell
23. Nowell

Change Eastmond and Tuilagi round in the centres and you have a team!

Hadn't noticed that! Yeah swap those guys, would love to see those guys together.

1. Marler (c)
2. Webber
3. Cole
4. Launchberry
5. Lawes
6. Robshaw
7. Armitage
8. Vunipola
9. Care
10. Andy Goode
11. Wade
12. Eastmond
13. Tuila(n)gi
14. Watson
15. Brown

Corbisiero
Youngs
Wilson
Croft
Haskell
Youngs
Cipriani
May

All joking aside the difference swapping Manu and Kyle at 12/13 would be massive. Can't think of many centre partnerships that would be less suited to a switch.

1. Corbisiero
2. Youngs
3. Cole
4. Launchbury
5. Lawes/Attwood (depending on who we are playing and what style of game we want to play)
6. Haskell
7. Robshaw
8. Morgan
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. May
12. Eastmond
13. Tuilagi
14. Watson
15. Brown

16. Hartley
17. Marler
18. Wilson
19. Lawes/Attwood
20. Vunipola
21. Care
22. Farrell
23. Nowell

Centre is so difficult. I considered Burrell/JJ, Tuilagi/JJ, Barritt/Tuilagi and Eastmond/JJ also.

Last edited:
1. Corbs
2. Hartley
3. Cole
4. Attwood
5. Launchbury
6. Haskell
7. Robshaw
8. Morgan
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. May (Yarde/Nowell on form may take this place)
12. Tuilagi
13. JJ
14. Watson
15. Brown

Depending on the game Farrell and Wigglesworth might make the bench, Youngs and Hartley are interchangeable also.

16. Youngs
17. Marler (Vunipola is very close)
18. Brookes
19. Kruis (better impact player than Lawes)
20. Ewers
21. Simpson
22. Slade
23. Nowell

I would like to make a place for Eastmond, Kvesic and Cipriani, but lack of versitility puts them at a disadvantage for the bench :/

Last edited:
1. Marler (Best Prop in World Rugby right now - Undroppable)
2. Hartley
3. Cole
4. Launchbury
5. Lawes
6. Haskell
7. Robshaw
8. Vunipola
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. Nowell
12. Tuilagi
13. Joseph
14. Watson
15. Brown

Substitutes:
16. Corbisiero
17. Youngs
18. Brookes
19. Attwood
20. Kvesic
21. Wigglesworth
22. Cipriani
23. Slade

I feel sorry for Ben Foden who when fit and firing is really pushing Brown. Make up of the bench means it's start or.nothing for many players so perhaps
perhaps no surprise his name hasn't been mentioned.

Latest posts