• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Entertainment Section

S

Serge

I was wondering if we could get a entertainment subsection in off topic. And it would be for music and movies. I know I would post a lot more about music if there was a place to put it.

Thoughts? Support?

We're taking a very serious look at implementing this. We have a couple of schemes up our sleeve, let's just say that.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jun 1 2006, 06:23 PM
We're taking a very serious look at implementing this. We have a couple of schemes up our sleeve, let's just say that.
Sweet, keep up the good work boys :cheers:

What is the Pearl Jam album called with the avo on the front? ANy thoughts on it?

Originally posted by Quintes@Jun 1 2006, 07:37 PM
What is the Pearl Jam album called with the avo on the front? ANy thoughts on it?
Pearl Jam... Just a self ***led album. Its an alright album...

Originally posted by kaftka+Jun 1 2006, 08:15 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Quintes
@Jun 1 2006, 07:37 PM
Pearl Jam... Just a self ***led album. Its an alright album... [/b]
yeah, i got that album..
somehow the media here makes such a big fuss about it with headlines such as
"pearl jam to the rescue" i mean, wtf!? it's not like the best music out there...

Originally posted by kaftka+Jun 1 2006, 08:15 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Quintes
Pearl Jam... Just a self ***led album. Its an alright album... [/b]
I've had a quick listen through the tracks and it sounds a little more agressive than the previous one, which is the way I like it I've been a fan for a long time, and I think mostly fans will continue listening to them because it's not exactly brand new and doesn't conform to the normal main stream **** out there.

Why do they have difficulty in naming their albums, I mean...what is the ablum called with the camel on the front and muddy feet at the back...That's a self ***led album too isn't it?

Muddy feet?

The one with the Camel on it is called Vs. I think. I think I read that on a review somewhere, doesn't say it on the cover thogh

I thought the last pearl albem was way to mallow having said that though this albem seems as though they are going back to their roots when they all had long hair and grunge was top. Im not the biggest fan of Pearl Jam though so im not going to buy this albem but it does have potential and well woth a listen or two if you are into grunge style music i think.

Originally posted by Quintes+Jun 1 2006, 10:47 PM-->
Originally posted by kaftka@Jun 1 2006, 08:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Quintes

I've had a quick listen through the tracks and it sounds a little more agressive than the previous one, which is the way I like it I've been a fan for a long time, and I think mostly fans will continue listening to them because it's not exactly brand new and doesn't conform to the normal main stream **** out there.

Why do they have difficulty in naming their albums, I mean...what is the ablum called with the camel on the front and muddy feet at the back...That's a self ***led album too isn't it? [/b]
The Latest one is the only one called Pearl Jam.

But on the First two only have Pearl Jam on the cover from memory.

Ditto with the Colour and the Shape by the Foo Fighters (Easily their best album... and better then anything Tool could even dream of achieving)

Originally posted by Ripper+Jun 2 2006, 03:13 PM-->
Originally posted by Quintes@Jun 1 2006, 10:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Quintes

Why do they have difficulty in naming their albums, I mean...what is the ablum called with the camel on the front and muddy feet at the back...That's a self ***led album too isn't it?

Ditto with the Colour and the Shape by the Foo Fighters (Easily their best album... and better then anything Tool could even dream of achieving) [/b]
:rahh: :rahh: :rahh:

Is that trying to annoy me?? lol Noone apart form Quintes appreciates Tools greatness. If you just saw them live or listen to what they wer actually saying.

Originally posted by jinxed_nz@Jun 2 2006, 06:13 PM
Is that trying to annoy me?? lol Noone apart form Quintes appreciates Tools greatness. If you just saw them live or listen to what they wer actually saying.
Ahem, Tool fan --> me

Mind you, also Foo Fighters fan --> me

Originally posted by jinxed_nz+Jun 2 2006, 06:13 PM-->
Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 2 2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Quintes@Jun 1 2006, 10:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Quintes

Ditto with the Colour and the Shape by the Foo Fighters (Easily their best album... and better then anything Tool could even dream of achieving)
:rahh: :rahh: :rahh:

Is that trying to annoy me?? lol Noone apart form Quintes appreciates Tools greatness. If you just saw them live or listen to what they wer actually saying. [/b]
I like debate... it's fun.

And i've heard a couple of Tool clips live... even more boring then their studio work.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 2 2006, 02:13 AM
:p Massive hook on that line eh Ripper? Hehe

To me you can't compare a band like foo fighters with a band like Tool and even their record sales shouldn't be compared. I listen to both. Where Tool is a band that takes itself quite serious the foo's doesn't to the same extent. IMO Tool sees itself as an instument to enlighten through art, sound, irony and experience where as the Foo's style is more catchy, commercial and easier listening. Dave Grohl is an amazing all round musician and if Kurdt was alive today Nirvana would've split up anyway so Dave could come into his own like he did with the Foo's. But you cannot deny the tecnical and creative brilliance of Adam Jones and the expressive voice of Maynard in Tool.

Anyone who ever tried to mix several elements of sound into a cohesive song will tell you that it takes great talent, patience and skill and as someone who listens to Pearl Jam and other good music (ref what you listening to thread) in general I doubt that you really mean what you say about Tool and it comes merely from a misunderstanding of the music or a mis-judgment without evaluating the actual material (there must be one word for that line, rep points for the answer to anyone)

Originally posted by Quintes+Jun 2 2006, 08:02 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jun 2 2006, 02:13 AM
Ditto with the Colour and the Shape by the Foo Fighters (Easily their best album...  and better then anything Tool could even dream of achieving)
:p Massive hook on that line eh Ripper? Hehe

To me you can't compare a band like foo fighters with a band like Tool and even their record sales shouldn't be compared. I listen to both. Where Tool is a band that takes itself quite serious the foo's doesn't to the same extent. IMO Tool sees itself as an instument to enlighten through art, sound, irony and experience where as the Foo's style is more catchy, commercial and easier listening. Dave Grohl is an amazing all round musician and if Kurdt was alive today Nirvana would've split up anyway so Dave could come into his own like he did with the Foo's. But you cannot deny the tecnical and creative brilliance of Adam Jones and the expressive voice of Maynard in Tool.

Anyone who ever tried to mix several elements of sound into a cohesive song will tell you that it takes great talent, patience and skill and as someone who listens to Pearl Jam and other good music (ref what you listening to thread) in general I doubt that you really mean what you say about Tool and it comes merely from a misunderstanding of the music or a mis-judgment without evaluating the actual material (there must be one word for that line, rep points for the answer to anyone) [/b]
Got it in one..... thousand or so words.

But completely agree.

Hell, if I may be so bold.... Foo Fighters>Nirvana

Tool>Nu-metal.

Originally posted by kaftka@Jun 2 2006, 11:56 PM

Tool>Nu-metal.
Add Nu-metal>Love-Metal

That HAS to be the gayest thing I've ever heard, a music genre called love metal, FFS those two words are never meant to be in the same sentence, let alone cuddled up beside each other :vomit: unless it's "I love metal"

Out of curiosity, how would a quote like this look...

Foo Fighters>Nirvana>Tool>Nu-metal etc

Where would other legendary bands fit like say Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Pearl Jam, Metallica...

Originally posted by kaftka@Jun 2 2006, 11:56 PM

You got balls dude... big balls.

Not saying I disagree with you, I prefer the Foo's style of music (aslong as you exclude every song from One by One bar Times like these)... but there's just something about Kurt Cobain. Then again I never really appreciated Kurt until I started discovering the B-Sides and Live on various collections and *REMOVED*.

It's also about that time you find out that he was a bigger whackjob then Courtney Love and Roger Waters put together.

I don't really mind some "Nu Metal"... although I only really listein to Soil on a regular basis... only other metal I really like was some of the songs on PROBOT (especially the hidden track with Jack Black on the vocals) and Metallica.

Originally posted by dobrien7@Jun 2 2006, 12:13 PM

Out of curiosity, how would a quote like this look...

Foo Fighters>Nirvana>Tool>Nu-metal etc

Where would other legendary bands fit like say Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Pearl Jam, Metallica...

Love metal? **** me I must be getting on a bit!!

IMO you can't do that with them bands Dobbie, it's different with music, it's like a mood and what fits best in that mood, so at the moment I might feel like:

Soulfly > Stiltskin...

but later when I've calmed down Mozart > Beethoven etc...

Latest posts