• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Entretaintment value of pool B

P

paco1

Surely this group will produce some of the best and most exicting matches of the qualyfing stage:

NZ: Possibly the best in the planet. Any morte to say?
Fiji: Pure magic , talent and flair
Wales: Great team, with an open style and tradition
Japan: Fast, eager tu attack team. Always involved in high scoring matches, no matter if they loose or win.
Canada: Great passion, strengh. In a good day the can be tough opposition to any team

Referring my censored post: I´m not "silly" and I don´t have "personal vendetta". The thread was developing quite good, but if someone (who seems to know more about baseball, no offense) states that Pumas are 3 tier team, or if I crticized the pool draws and nationalist start screaming is hard to discuss.

New Zealand will be doing well to play in both this group and their own. Poor Australia though.

New Zealand will be doing well to play in both this group and their own. Poor Australia though.
[/b]

Oops, Yiour are right.

Correction: Anyway Australia, althogh not at their best, produces great performances. Needless to say the candidate to win the pool

Wales won't do anything unless that pleb of a coach picks the right people. Like not picking Hook at 12, or putting Alfie on the bench, or dropping Charvis etc.

although very similar, our flag has an extra star on it, the stars are white and we don't f*** sheep :p

although very similar, our flag has an extra star on it, the stars are white and we don't f*** sheep :p [/b]

There are actually two extra stars on the Aussie flag (6 as opposed to 4). Also as you noted you guys don't f*** sheep, you stick to Kangaroos :p .

Back on topic, I agree that this group will have some good matches, as long as Fiji steps up and plays to their potential.

<div class='quotemain'> although very similar, our flag has an extra star on it, the stars are white and we don't f*** sheep :p [/b]

There are actually two extra stars on the Aussie flag (6 as opposed to 4). Also as you noted you guys don't f*** sheep, you stick to Kangaroos :p .

Back on topic, I agree that this group will have some good matches, as long as Fiji steps up and plays to their potential.
[/b][/quote]

Kangaroos, Wombats, Koalas, Dingos, Platypussy, etc... :D they have so many to chose from.

If Wales target the Aussie forwards, then they definitely have a chance there coz they have no chance if they play it wide.

Last match I say Fiji play was ... uh, I forget. Couple of months ago. Anyway, they have zero scrum and will be slaughtered by Aus/Wales/Canada. Don't know about Japan.

Last match I say Fiji play was ... uh, I forget. Couple of months ago. Anyway, they have zero scrum and will be slaughtered by Aus/Wales/Canada. Don't know about Japan. [/b]

I'm looking forward to seeing Canada slaughtering Fiji - Canada may have improved but Fiji should still be too good for them.... In saying that the Fiji team can on there day lose to anyone B)

<div class='quotemain'> Last match I say Fiji play was ... uh, I forget. Couple of months ago. Anyway, they have zero scrum and will be slaughtered by Aus/Wales/Canada. Don't know about Japan. [/b]

I'm looking forward to seeing Canada slaughtering Fiji - Canada may have improved but Fiji should still be too good for them.... In saying that the Fiji team can on there day lose to anyone B)
[/b][/quote]

Its gonna happen. Just you wait! :bana:

i honestly feel that australia will come in second in this group behind wales.

now before i start getting berated for that comment heres my ramification for believing that way.

Wales will be playing at home, the millenium stadium. Obviously that has to be worth some points Wales way. Now i know im going to get some bullshit response from an aussie saying "but we like beat wales at home in the internationals!!11." That is very true, but unlike the autumn internationals where wales could hardly give two shits about it, they will come to play. Its the RWC its the hope of the entire nation on their shoulders and i know theyll be bringing it, especially since they will be jacked up by their own crowd behind them.

Its gonna happen. Just you wait! [/b]

Fiji almost lost to the eagles at the 03 world cup :lol:

but f***in hercus missed the kick, ouch!

now before i start getting berated for that comment heres my ramification for believing that way.

Wales will be playing at home, the millenium stadium. Obviously that has to be worth some points Wales way. Now i know im going to get some bullshit response from an aussie saying "but we like beat wales at home in the internationals!!11." That is very true, but unlike the autumn internationals where wales could hardly give two shits about it, they will come to play. Its the RWC its the hope of the entire nation on their shoulders and i know theyll be bringing it, especially since they will be jacked up by their own crowd behind them.

but f***in hercus missed the kick, ouch! [/b]
Really...Australia losing to Wales? I don't see it...no offense to my Welsh friends...The Wallabies just look dang good.

<div class='quotemain'> i honestly feel that australia will come in second in this group behind wales.

Really...Australia losing to Wales? I don't see it...no offense to my Welsh friends...The Wallabies just look dang good.
[/b][/quote]

Yea i'd agree with you say it were at a more neutral ground, but since its at millenium i gotta back the welsh boys!

Yes, but it is well known that Fiji are an extremely inconsistent team, and say they beat Wales, they would still be just as likely to lose to Canada.. Fiji's performances is all about whether they turn up on the day or not..

I'd love to see Wales top the pool but I just can't see them losing to the Wallabies at the moment. The match should be a spectacle, particularly if Wales play to their strengths and start to run the ball. For my money, there would be more entertainment value from Wales if...

a) Stephen Jones rediscovers the linebreaking form he displayed v France in 2005; or

B) Jenkins selects Hook at 10 to run the show.

Trouble is, I wouldn't bet on either at the moment. Jones is out of International form and yet remains a favourite with Gareth Jenkins it seems. IF Hook were to start at 10, I'd even take a punt on putting Henson back in at 12. I think he could well rise to the occasion if given the chance on the RWC stage. He has the potential and can play the kind of game that gets Wales firing when on form. There were glimmers of that old form returning against AUS in June, where he was one of Wales better players for my money.

Unfortunately what we're looking at here is:
Stephen Jones having not performed for a while, GJ reluctant to start Hook at 10 because of his boy captain and GJ almost adamant that he won't start Henson.
Henson and Hook combo can work.
I doubt they'll be given a chance.

I suspect that you are right. What do you reckon to the chances that we might see Hook 10 and Henson 12 starting one of the matches against Japan or Fiji? I'm guessing that Jenkins will want to rest Jones at some stage to allow less experienced players to gain match time in case they are needed later on. This would seem a logical step to take.

I think stephen jones is the man for the job at 10 for right now, partly because of his tandem with dwayne peel in the halfbacks. Also hook is good but is he ready to be the man running the show at 10, i'd say no for right now. If Wales were smart and thought like us, they would run hook and henson in the centers.. but i highly doubt we'll see that instead maybe some more sonny parker and tom shanklin.. both arent quite what they used to be unfortunately, parker especially.

Yes, but it is well known that Fiji are an extremely inconsistent team, and say they beat Wales, they would still be just as likely to lose to Canada.. Fiji's performances is all about whether they turn up on the day or not..
[/b]

Yep, it usually depends on wheter CuaCua can drag out the bong for game day or not!

But yea i agree with that statement, really incosistent, i think the blame lays in the forewards.

Ok, i'll make a deal, play Jones at 10 but please - PLEASE - don't choose Parker...especially along side Shanklin. Terrible centre partnership.