• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] England vs. Argentina 09/11/13

Technically Ashtons DIDN'T score the try, he went into touch before he put the ball down. He butchered 2 very easy chances and got away with 1. That's not international class.

Scoring tries is fundamental to wingers - but finishing tries like that should be done by every single premiership winger.
The fact that he didn't actually score it; it was only given due to lax officiating, is embarrassing.

Don't try to make out that this is a personality issue - I don't think I'd want to go for a beer with him, but he seems like a decent guy.

True story: My dad acrrued points on his driving license but was offered instead to go on a 'Speed awareness course'; at the course he was sitting next to Chris Ashton.
They chatted and apparently, in that setting, he was a thoroughly pleasant guy. This was back in 2011 or around then, after we won six nations. He said to my dad that the game he enjoyed most in that six nations was not the Italy rout, but the Wales game because it was tight, edgy, incredible atmosphere and a satisfying victory. It seems like he can be alright in certain scenarios'...

Now, Ashton as a player: can somebody on here who is tech-minded please get a still from the game showing that Ashtons feet were in touch and tweet it to RFU :p? I want Lancaster to know for certain that Ashton ****ed it up :D

Once Yarde and Wade are fit he'll be out as Lancaster has said, so we can all keep our knickers on. One of whom will still have to contend with Manu completely ignoring them and overlaps. It'll be a huge forum flammer issue gone anyways, can't see what could replace it. Possibly Farrell if forgets how to kick.

I don't see how a "Tries is everything" defence can be used for Chris Ashton when he just dotted down for the first time in five. If Ashton was regularly scoring tries nobody would be talking about his defence. He's not scoring tries. Maybe that's not his fault, maybe its due to the team not creating enough. But if a player doesn't fit the team he should be dropped. Ashton is either rather poor or really not fitting the team, so either way, off he goes. Please. Now.

Yes England were flat, slow and lethargic in the second half, but the first showed what England are capable of! A back line of:

9. Dixon/Youngs
10. Farrell
11. Yarde
12.Twelvetrees
13.Tuilagi
14.Wade
15.Brown

. . . is much more encouraging. The forwards showed their power in the first half, albeit against a fairly feeble Puma defence, but unlike the mainstream media, I think there are reasons to be optimistic. Anyone care to disagree (or agree)?

Yes England were flat, slow and lethargic in the second half, but the first showed what England are capable of! A back line of:

9. Dixon/Youngs
10. Farrell
11. Yarde
12.Twelvetrees
13.Tuilagi
14.Wade
15.Brown

. . . is much more encouraging. The forwards showed their power in the first half, albeit against a fairly feeble Puma defence, but unlike the mainstream media, I think there are reasons to be optimistic. Anyone care to disagree (or agree)?

I think if we actually get our preferred players in and keep them together for any length of time so we get a good chance to see how they perform, then we can be optimistic. So far we've been seeing bits and pieces with England rather than the whole.

I think if we actually get our preferred players in and keep them together for any length of time so we get a good chance to see how they perform, then we can be optimistic. So far we've been seeing bits and pieces with England rather than the whole.

Exactly! It was a 19 point victory scoring four tries and a win against Australia. Just listening to the media you'd have thought we had lost both games! Admittedly not complete performances, but its the first time alot of these players have played together since Cardiff. It's not all doom and gloom!

Latest posts