• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EOYT: Ireland vs Argentina, 24/11/2012

Ireland are playing very well though it has to be said.

They are are playing well but you have to reckon that Argentina seems burned, they do not pay attention at all in defense. The 3 first tries are school tries. but yeah if you like to see this in the perspective "Ireland is playing very well" go on !

They are are playing well but you have to reckon that Argentina seems burned, they do not pay attention at all in defense. The 3 first tries are school tries. but yeah if you like to see this in the perspective "Ireland is playing very well" go on !

No I agree they look very tired, but you can only play what's in front in you. The young Irish players look very good in that regard.

Just noticed but the bad blood between these teams seems to have retired with the old players. Back in the day you could get wasted by taking a drink every time a fight broke out on the pitch.

Keep scoring green boys, every try gets Phelan closer to get that kick in the ass he has been deserving for a long time

argentina haven't turned up for the game.

Ireland playing well though, I haven't seen them spread it wide like this since the England game at the Aviva a few years back. I honestly think if Kidney allowed Ireland to play a similar style to the provinces(like now) we'd be hard to beat.

Just noticed but the bad blood between these teams seems to have retired with the old players. Back in the day you could get wasted by taking a drink every time a fight broke out on the pitch.

You sure?:lol:

Every player had a great game except O'Gara. He was only on for 4 minutes and missed about 2 tackles, f*cked up a 22 drop out and made 2 crap passes!

Good game. Always nice to beat Argentina even when they're not at their best. Only person who can be faulted really is Earls, unfortunately he's not a 13 and after Gilroy's performance we could see him benched with the return of BO'D. D'Arcy and Zebo played surprisingly well which was nice.

Yeah Earls if anything showed today that he was a classy winger or fullback. Everything he did today was as if he was playing winger or fullback. Some of his passes and positioning were much improve but when BOD comes back we will be much more comfortable in the midfield.

Just a point, Kidney's substitution tatic was dreadful. Don't bring everyone on with 5 minutes to go. Have a bit of structure!

Postives: a big win, 7 tries, confidence will build from this.
Negatives: consevative substitution policy, O'Gara's time on the pitch, 2 tries conceded at the death.

Declan Kidney's reign has been pockmarked with one off excellent performances surrounded by awful, inept showings. I hope this game (and Fiji before it) heralds in a new era of exciting, attacking rugby. The coach will keep his job for now but I'd like to see this type of performance hold through the 6 Nations before considering offering him a contract beyond summer 2013.

Congratulations. Where the hell did that come from?

coonor - have been led to believe that Kidney mainly sends on subs so they get a cap and appearance money...

OH MY GOD IRELAND !!!!!!!

I couldn't believe it !! 7 tries !!!I'm so happy for Ireland, totally deserved it, watched the first half, unbelievable display on attack ! Argentina was just stunned by your attack. That first try especially was absolutely gorgeous !
Very, very happy for Ireland !!

Never, ever underestimate an Irish team at home, major injuries or not ! You deserved this win so much ! And Argentina remain winless on Irish soil...not something any other 6N team can claim.

Thought D'arcy had a good game, was a bit harsh on him pre match to be fair. Zebo & Gilroy really spark new life into this team. Sexton had a strange game didn't he, some amazing kicks and some pretty poor - cant fault two tries though!
Bowe back to his best - Leinster front row worked really well, Best has some serious competition with Strauss now.
Henry and Heaslip were a bit quiet, but I suppose that's what you want sometimes - working under the radar. O'Mahony & Murray had good games - still not sure about Earls though.

Did anyone catch how many defenders Gilroy had beaten? It must be 10+

EDIT: Oh yeah - O'GARA, GO HOME, YOU ARE DRUNK

Last edited:
Congratulations. Where the hell did that come from?

coonor - have been led to believe that Kidney mainly sends on subs so they get a cap and appearance money...

Really? That's quite sad actually.

Throughout that match I was just thinking... This would be the perfect game for Jackson to make an appearance off the bench.

Delighted with that. It's weird being able to discuss positives about Ireland. We did well spinning it and we also did really well in the forwards with are mauls going really well and some really good scrums. Will hopefully talk in more depth later.

Latest posts