• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] Scotland vs South Africa 16/11/13

SA are powerful+they have Habana. If those are contained or somehow bested, victory is bound. The All-Blacks matched up well against them because they "oversped" them with their thunderous execution and try scoring tactics.
Scotland need to speed it up in the second half to win the score back, because they can't out-girth South Africa. They're going to have to score tries (regardless of trailing so badly).

I think Le Roux has been better than Habana, not that Habana has done anything wrong.

I think Le Roux has been better than Habana, not that Habana has done anything wrong.

Habana has been missing in action..................unnecessary afters from JDV on Scot defender tackling Pieterson as he scored?

Last edited:

Yea, the danger man is Le Roux. He's the guy who will set up the flyers like Habana in for sprint to the line.

Louw's work rate is out of this world.

Where are all the South African fans?!

Scotland being absolutely demolished. I like seeing Scotland lose but this is heartbreaking.

After all the *****ing about refs, can I just say I think Gauzere is having a good one?!

Louw's work rate is out of this world.

Where are all the South African fans?!

They'll be on when the **** eating grins on their faces recede enough for them to type LOL.

This scoreline is actually probably flattering to Scotland.

Knock on by Strokosch sums up Scotlands day. These worms they have at Murrayfield are doing nightmares for the pitch. Honestly don't know how the IRB can get butthurt over some Canadian turf fields when we've seen ghastly pitches over the last couple of weeks in the EOYT's.

OK so in retrospect from the 80% of the match I've seen:
Good result for South Africa. Great set-piece, great contest in every single department, success in every department of the match. Good, whole effort. One thing: their attack still isn't great, and though 28-0 is great, one would feel the impression they probably could have scored more. As long as sides can't contain their strength for 80min, they'll be fine.

But just one example:
TRC Final in South Africa: NZL managed to contain the hosts' strength fairly well, despite some leaks. But SA were in the game and well when Habana was scoring those tries all by himself, two of them. Without Habana's exceptional footspeed, they do not score those tries. Maybe after more phases, maybe, but that's neither here nor there. When he left the field injured, S.A. started to sink deep progressively and NZL managed a fairly large win on the road in the end.
South Africa's weakness is the attack, I feel.

I think they're going to win in Paris, but I'll wait for that thread to be up. And I definitely see Australia beating Scotland next week.

Last edited:
Scottish mate of mine convinced that the two maul tries were truck and trailer, anyone else see it? I can't at all
Anyone care to settle this?

Scottish mate of mine convinced that the two maul tries were truck and trailer, anyone else see it? I can't at all
Anyone care to settle this?

Not even close.

On a general point, this being 28-0 after that start isn't too bad as SA looked to be threatening the 50 mark at one stage

Give the FU**ING try to Scotland! They deserve a FU**ING try like a gift for Christmas!

TRF_[B said:
SelimNiai;606765]Not even close.

On a general point, this being 28-0 after that start isn't too bad as SA looked to be threatening the 50 mark at one stage[/B]

Agreed, the game has actually become really dang boring since the last South African try, they are sort of cruising to victory. Lots of long delays now and the pitch is disintegrating due to the conditions and the plague of worms.

Christ, took 3hrs to come to a decision then it's the wrong one then it's the right one then it's the wrong one etc.etc.etc.

I would've said 22 restart.

Latest posts