• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] Wales v Tonga 22/11/2013

Theres something about Friday night International rugby that doesnt work. Its been a average/poor game, theres no atmosphere at the ground. Please WRU, stop this crap. Move it to the weekend, even a Sunday game is better than this.

Don't think the players are thinking what day it is. Judging by the score it just seems the players can't get any rhythm going. That's more worrying for the Welsh. If the performance was better I think the crowd would be more vocal.

Sure, sure. I've been watching, I see how both teams are playing.
I'm just saying in theory, those Tongans score one try and they're right there threatening Wales for an upset.

Unlucky for Charteris! Lloyd Williams needs to go off, he's been awful

In fairness to him, he's not getting a lot of protection, but has been slower than usual today.

Silly mistakes costing Wales at the moment! Just missing that final pass and a few individuals taking the ball up alone creating and a few silly turnovers.

My stream has collapsed...and I don't really care to find another one LOL, I'll keep an eye on the score, if Tonga can get it to a one score game I might get back to watching.

ah....obstruction is illegal in Cardiff. What the hell were they thinking, this ain't Twickenham fellas !

Don't think the players are thinking what day it is. Judging by the score it just seems the players can't get any rhythm going. That's more worrying for the Welsh. If the performance was better I think the crowd would be more vocal.

Its a trend though, we sit through the same type of stuttering, error strewn performance every year when we play Friday nights

HEY BTW PLEASE could someone give me the names of both commentators ? The big deep English one and the Scottish-sounding high pitched dude. Thanks.

Rhodri got caught at his first ruck as well. Control of the ball at the breakdown has been poor by Wales

Once again an islander makes a hard legal tackle and gets penalized for it. Are hard tackles still allowed?

Has the attendance been announced?
Looks really really low - the big flags are a nice touch as they hide the empty seats, but the wide shots show a lot of empty stands.

Its a trend though, we sit through the same type of stuttering, error strewn performance every year when we play Friday nights

I didn't know that. At least it was Tonga (no disrespect, but the less important match up) on the Friday and not 'Stralia!

Lead with an arm and brought the other arm around late. From where the referee was standing I imagine it looked like a one armed tackle.

Once again an islander makes a hard legal tackle and gets penalized for it

That was a joke of a decision. A penalty by reputation. Apart from one earlier on the Tongans and Wales have tacked very hard but fair.

I didn't know that. At least it was Tonga (no disrespect, but the less important match up) on the Friday and not 'Stralia!

Was the same in losing to Samoa last year, the Fiji draw aswell is another drab affair we had.

Last edited:
HEY BTW PLEASE could someone give me the names of both commentators ? The big deep English one and the Scottish-sounding high pitched dude. Thanks.

You are very bad at recognising the Welsh accent.:p

Latest posts