• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

equipment

C

Caledfwlch

i'm trying to set up a rugby team in my school and i need to draw up a plan of the equipment needed. can you guys throw out sggestions as t whagt to get for training as well as match purposes. all suggestions are welcome

Protection pads for training drill.

An oval to train on - with posts and pads around them.

Players for the team.

dude, u dont need no pads...

I am literally a pioneer of rugby in my old school,
the most important ingridient is ofcourse, some maniac ruggers like yourselve! you need atleast 4 or 5...
play rugby during breaks, get people to know the sport, see the sport, feel the sport... in my case, we played rugby at break time, ripping our uniforms, injuring loads of people... our headmaster was ******, so he said FINE we'll make a rugby team!!!

we got rugby balls... LOADS of rugby balls.. (get around 6-8 first)
cones.. well ur PE dept must have them already...
GRASS pitch.. lol.. the grass was out of bound for us during break time.. we had to play on astro turf.. hence the injuries... lol..
and tell the team to get mouthguards... any shirt, any shorts at first... get sponsors for your uniform.. but before u ask for one, prove them that u can play! in my case.. we played against this school who has played way more rugby than us... in our first ever game, we won.. a close game but we won.. now that sends a good impression for the team!

when your've got the basics together, you can move onto bigger and better things like agility ladders and those swerving marker things (the ones you spear in the ground that spring back up), and of course, the forwards good ol' favourite....the scrum machine!!

Yeah, you'll need balls. I recomend Gilbert or Webb Ellis (my club uses Kukri cause they make our kits and they are shite...too short and fat around the middle, horrible for passing and throwing). Get around 8 for practice and get a couple of match balls (no ones likes playing with a guff ball). For pads, get around 6 rucking shields and a couple tackle bags. Speed ladders are useful aswell, but your school may well have them already). And of course, some players and a pitch!

Players for the team.
[/b]

**** we dont use pads for contact training, just our bodies...

<div class='quotemain'>

Players for the team.
[/b]

**** we dont use pads for contact training, just our bodies... [/b][/quote]

it may seem a bit less "manly" to use pads but if you're silly you don't use them, as i'm sure you want to eliminate unneccessary injuries, then it gets harder to field a decent team if all the tough guys get injured.

may i suggest a couple of these tackle suits if money isn't too much a problem, im sure there are cheap versions around
Blue_Tackle_Suit.jpg

i wish we could get those, but i doubt we would have enough funds for it, i wouldnt mind them as im not exactly big on contact training as i see training injuries as unnecessary..

i wish we could get those, but i doubt we would have enough funds for it, i wouldnt mind them as im not exactly big on contact training as i see training injuries as unnecessary..
[/b]

nah man those body suits suck, they dont' do anything. If you're going to get anything get the hit shields. Good for rucking drills.

Body suits actually hinder the purpose of the drills I think. I mean, they're big and uncomfy, they often cut you cand you just need to get your hand in one of them to tackle them.

Latest posts