• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ESPN UK inks contract for TOP14 coverage

P

Prestwick

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8176487.stm

ESPN's channel(s) in the UK will now show action from the French TOP14 from next season which highlights the level of interest of English fans wanting to follow the likes of Riki Flutey and Johnny Wilkinson.

Other sports which will be covered by ESPN are:

• European Basketball
  • WRESTLEMANIA <strike>ultimate fighting</strike>
  • AFL coverage

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jul 31 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8176487.stm

ESPN's channel(s) in the UK will now show action from the French TOP14 from next season which highlights the level of interest of English fans wanting to follow the likes of Riki Flutey and Johnny Wilkinson.

Other sports which will be covered by ESPN are:

• European Basketball
  • WRESTLEMANIA <strike>ultimate fighting</strike>
  • AFL coverage
[/b]

There are many British players who have joined the sunny bank of the Channel. A team like Brive should attract british audience.

What's the coverage been like on ESPN?, been thinking about subscribing since it doesn't look like Eurosport will be showing any Top 14 rugby.

Good news about ESPN.

I just watched Total Rugby and at long last they showed some highlights from the Top 14. They never did before, presumably because ESPN broadcasts Total Rugby. Now, however, that ESPN are showing the Top 14 in a variety of places they are can show bits from the Top 14. Next stop, they can broadcast the matches here! The Top 14 makes rugby look so much more global than the Currie Cup, Super 14, GP or anything else can. In the 3 Top 14 matches that they did show the teams were packed with imports and Total Rugby definetly liked to announce this on their show as they showed an Italian and an Australian scoring for Stade Francais vs Montpellier. Its a great way to show the sport is not restricted to English colonies like cricket is for instance.

Yeah definitely.

I think if we can get Magners League action on Total Rugby next year with the Italians involved then that'll be brilliant I think.

Latest posts