Euro 2004

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by An Tarbh, May 24, 2004.

?

Who will win Euro 2004

1. Bulgaria

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Croatia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Czech Rep

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denmark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. England

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. France

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Germany

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Greece

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Italy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Latvia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Netherlands

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Portugal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Russia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Spain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Sweden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Switzerland

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. woodie

woodie Guest

Owen played well. BUT he has lost his pace entirely. There is no 'zip' and acceleration, he looks tired when he runs with it. It is worrying that he is not his normal self. I really, really want him to score vs the Portugese though, hopefully that will get him going again.

good to see Scholesy scoring. He had a couple of shots vs France and Switzerland that he'd have troubled the keeper with for Man U, but he scuffed horrible in the games. Then after his goal yesterday he had two shots, crisply struck, forcing good saves. Good to see.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Bulgaria 1 - 0 Italy approaching half time - the Italians are crashing out at the moment; they need two goals to have a chance.

4. Italy 2 - 1 Bulgaria
    Sweden 2 - 2 Denmark

Italy ARE OUT.

5. robbinho

robbinho Guest

Oooooh, looks like a stitch-up! And I hope it was. The Italians only started playing any football when they were almost out on their arse. Good for the tournament that the two positive sides went through from the group.

6. woodie

woodie Guest

Good to see the back of the Italians. Their public is to football as what the Kiwi public are to rugby. Expect everything, receive little, and very harsh on their team if they don't have success.

Sweden and Denmark are good to watch. Looks like attack is having much the better of strong defence in this championship, all the teams scoring goals are looking good at the moment, England, Czechs, Danish and French.

7. Hey! I'm Italian. [​IMG]

8. Have to say, good to see the back of Italy. Too negative for mine and everybody elses liking.

9. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Good for the tournament that the Italians are out, this team hasn't looked up to much.

Watched the Sweden Denmark match tonight, was surprised it wasn't on ITV, cracking match, great goal from Tomason, that's his third, Sorensen looked a bit dodgy in the second half after making some cracking saves in the first half, was at fault for the penalty and could hold the ball for Jonson's goal.

10. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Czechs against the Danes is certainly an interetsing match. Sweden against Holland looks on the cards as well. Think that England will sneak the Portuguese
    2-1 on Thursday, France should go through, with Sweden and the Czechs to make up the semis.

11. robbinho

robbinho Guest

As is abundantly clear by your username! [​IMG]

12. woodie

woodie Guest

Shouldn't have been a penalty. Best dive I've evre seen, but there was 0 contact at all, just a convincing dive by Larsson.

13. sanzar

sanzar Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Now personally I'm a fan of Sweden and I loath the Italian football team more than even the English one (and that says alot) and I just think it's funny Italy are out and can't see what all the fuss is about, but I also don't really care all that much about how EURO 2004 turns out or any other soccer comp for that matter and don't know the history of the teams... So tell me: is this conspiracy theory legit? or is it just another whining Italian football loser?

14. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Buffon is talking absolute ********. If he'd watched the game he would have seen there was no possibility that a 2-2 draw was fixed between them, great game of football, sour grapes on his part. Obviously you were going to get the scenes at the end of the game with nobody willing to risk anything, but that's happened before in Italia 90 when Holland and Ireland played the game out after they both knew the result would get them through.

15. woodie

woodie Guest

There is little chance of a fix in my mind.

The only questionable thing was the way Sorensen parried the shot before Jonson's goal.

16. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Or he could have been a little ****** at the penalty decision and not been as focused for the rest of the match.

17. robbinho

robbinho Guest

18. Worst German team of living memory. Payback for Euro 96 continues 8 years on...

19. woodie

woodie Guest

Good Stuff.
    Auf Wiederschein Germany
    Arrivavideci Italy
    Adios Spain

___

Czech Republic are looking damn good. Baros on red hot form. Strong backup players in all positions, and Nedved and Poborsky running the show in the middle. Cech looks solid at the back.

20. woodie

woodie Guest

Quarter Final Lineup

Thursday 24 June 19:45, QF1
    Portugal v England
    Luz, Lisbon

Friday 25 June 19:45
    QF2
    France v Greece
    Jose Alvalade, Lisbon

Saturday 26 June 19:45, QF3
    Sweden v Holland
    Faro-Loulé

Sunday 27 June 19:45, QF4
    Czech Rep v Denmark
    Dragao, Porto

I'm Going for

Portugal 0-2 England
    France 2-1 Greece
    Sweden 2-2 Holland (Larsson Golden Goal to win it in ET)
    Czech Rep 2-1 Denmark

21. There is no golden goal is there?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!