Euro 2004

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by An Tarbh, May 24, 2004.

?

Who will win Euro 2004

1. Bulgaria

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Croatia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Czech Rep

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denmark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. England

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. France

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Germany

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Greece

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Italy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Latvia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Netherlands

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Portugal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Russia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Spain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Sweden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Switzerland

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Well I heard the French booing, and a friend of mine who was lucky enough to be at the game text me to say:

"We only booed because they did."

It doesn't make it acceptable though.

As for the "situation" in Ireland - heard it all before and I fail to find the relevance. You stayed neutral in the fighr against evil. End of story.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Can't disagree with you on either front - especiall the penalty. Lampard should have taken it.

As far as our attack goes... Yes, it was quiet, but we'll come up against worse defences than the French to say the least. But from what you saw last night, I don't blame you for coming to that conclusion.

I expect attacking, free flowing football in our next two games.

4. Ah, but this is the difference Ripper.

We don't turn up to a tournament proclaiming ourselves as "the best team in the world" or "the best team in this tournament."

5. woodie

woodie Guest

Quite interesting Stuart Barnes interview with Graham Henry on Rugby Club last week.

he was saying that NZ are very excluded from the rest of the rugby playing world and they think that they are the best when perhaps they are not.

stuff everyone knows reallyu, but quite good to see it coming from the national coach.

____

I strangely felt as if DB was never going to make that penalty. It all happened a bit quick and suddelnly he was running up. Was weird.

6. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Well Dan you'll be happy to hear the Scholes may miss the Swiss game with a sprained ankle.

7. He was alright yesterday to be honest, but it will be good to see (hopefully) Joe Cole a chance on the left.

Anyone watching the Bulgaria vs Sweden game? Mike Riley is showing English refereeing up here - high feet is a penalty.

8. woodie

woodie Guest

Bet Eriksson goes for this

-Gerrard-Lampard-Beckham
    -------------Arse--------------

9. Sweden 5 -0 Bulgaria.

Totally unjustified score in what was a superb game. Entertaining and despite the scoreline, very even.

10. NZL Fan

NZL Fan Guest

Some cracking games to come in this pool - no guarantee that Italy are going to finish top...........

11. Not at all, no. They looked clueless going forward against Denmark, and only Buffon stopped them from losing.

12. woodie

woodie Guest

Totti was good. vieri was as lazy and overrated as ever.

13. NZL Fan

NZL Fan Guest

Hope Italy DO finish top though.........have got a couple of hundred dollars riding on it as the last leg of my first weekend multibet.

Would have won a couple of hundred more on my second multibet - but Portugal let me down [​IMG]

14. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

Stuart Barnes also said that Bath would beat Wigan at Rugby League.

15. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

82-6

16. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Getting back on topic, Italy 0-0 Denmark, Italy suprisingly ordinary. Sweden 5-0 Bulgaria, Larsson awesome as usual, Bulgarians were simply awful defensively it's a wonder they qualified.

17. I rememeber it well.

One of the few times I've cheered on Wigan.

18. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

Where you at the match, I was.

Before Union fans say, "yeah but Bath won at Union", the aggrigate score was 101-50.

19. But Bath still won the trophy, if I remember correctly?

I didn't go to the game, no. It was sillily played at Maine Road.

20. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

Bath won the trophy?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!