• Spain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sweden

• Switzerland

• Total voters
Originally posted by An Tarbh@Jun 14 2004, 05:57 PM
The only noise I heard during the English anthem was the English fans who didn't realise it had started. As for that siding with the Europeans comment you obviously know nothing about the situation in Ireland at the time.
Well I heard the French booing, and a friend of mine who was lucky enough to be at the game text me to say:

"We only booed because they did."

It doesn't make it acceptable though.

As for the "situation" in Ireland - heard it all before and I fail to find the relevance. You stayed neutral in the fighr against evil. End of story.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jun 14 2004, 01:19 PM
The big mistake here was having Beckham take the shot at goal - surely someone whose play is less known to the goalie should have come forward....

Apart from set play goals I don't know if England has that much to offer on attack based on this performance. Yes, (I have pre-empted a possible reply) France did score both goals from set pieces, but they also looked more likely to score from general play, whilst England became too set on defending a lead.
Can't disagree with you on either front - especiall the penalty. Lampard should have taken it.

As far as our attack goes... Yes, it was quiet, but we'll come up against worse defences than the French to say the least. But from what you saw last night, I don't blame you for coming to that conclusion.

I expect attacking, free flowing football in our next two games.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 14 2004, 07:48 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

To think the Poms have the cheek to call All Blacks chokers
Ah, but this is the difference Ripper.

We don't turn up to a tournament proclaiming ourselves as "the best team in the world" or "the best team in this tournament."

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC+Jun 14 2004, 03:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St_Helens_RLFC @ Jun 14 2004, 03:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jun 14 2004, 07:48 PM

We don't turn up to a tournament proclaiming ourselves as "the best team in the world" or "the best team in this tournament." [/b]
Quite interesting Stuart Barnes interview with Graham Henry on Rugby Club last week.

he was saying that NZ are very excluded from the rest of the rugby playing world and they think that they are the best when perhaps they are not.

stuff everyone knows reallyu, but quite good to see it coming from the national coach.

____

I strangely felt as if DB was never going to make that penalty. It all happened a bit quick and suddelnly he was running up. Was weird.

Well Dan you'll be happy to hear the Scholes may miss the Swiss game with a sprained ankle.

He was alright yesterday to be honest, but it will be good to see (hopefully) Joe Cole a chance on the left.

Anyone watching the Bulgaria vs Sweden game? Mike Riley is showing English refereeing up here - high feet is a penalty.

Sweden 5 -0 Bulgaria.

Totally unjustified score in what was a superb game. Entertaining and despite the scoreline, very even.

Some cracking games to come in this pool - no guarantee that Italy are going to finish top...........

Not at all, no. They looked clueless going forward against Denmark, and only Buffon stopped them from losing.

Hope Italy DO finish top though.........have got a couple of hundred dollars riding on it as the last leg of my first weekend multibet.

Would have won a couple of hundred more on my second multibet - but Portugal let me down
<

Originally posted by woodie+Jun 15 2004, 05:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woodie @ Jun 15 2004, 05:08 AM)</div>
Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 14 2004, 03:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jun 14 2004, 07:48 PM

We don't turn up to a tournament proclaiming ourselves as "the best team in the world" or "the best team in this tournament."
Quite interesting Stuart Barnes interview with Graham Henry on Rugby Club last week.

he was saying that NZ are very excluded from the rest of the rugby playing world and they think that they are the best when perhaps they are not.

stuff everyone knows reallyu, but quite good to see it coming from the national coach.

____

I strangely felt as if DB was never going to make that penalty. It all happened a bit quick and suddelnly he was running up. Was weird. [/b]
Stuart Barnes also said that Bath would beat Wigan at Rugby League.

Getting back on topic, Italy 0-0 Denmark, Italy suprisingly ordinary. Sweden 5-0 Bulgaria, Larsson awesome as usual, Bulgarians were simply awful defensively it's a wonder they qualified.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 15 2004, 09:44 AM
I rememeber it well.

One of the few times I've cheered on Wigan.
Where you at the match, I was.

Before Union fans say, "yeah but Bath won at Union", the aggrigate score was 101-50.

But Bath still won the trophy, if I remember correctly?

I didn't go to the game, no. It was sillily played at Maine Road.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 15 2004, 09:51 AM
But Bath still won the trophy, if I remember correctly?

I didn't go to the game, no. It was sillily played at Maine Road.
Bath won the trophy?

Latest posts