English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
GdMjvyQ.png

Gloucester and Pau are gonna be knackered after playing two games at the same time, but God forbid we question the official schedule from the EPCR :D

Lyon and Toulouse will be among the favourites for this competition (currently 1st and 3rd respectively in the Top14), although Lyon will be without Carl Fearns for a few months, with I believe, cruciate ligament problems.
Shame they've been drawn in the same pool.

Harrison, Webber, Aulika,
Evans , Ostrikov
Neild, B Curry , Ross (C)

Faf, JOC, Charnley, Jennings, James, Solomona, Haley

Bench :- Jones, Flynn, John, Nott, Pearce, Seymour, Cliff , A Reed

The Toulouse team to play Sale :

15. Medard, 14. Mjekevu, 13. Poi, 12. Guitoune, 11. Huget ; 10. DoussainEdit, 9. Bezy ; 7. Elstadt, 8. Cros, 6. Kunatani ; 5. Faasalele, 4. Verhaeghe ; 3. Van Dyk, 2. Marchand, 1. Mienie

Remplaçants : 16. Roumieu, 17. Neti, 18. Castets, 19. Tekori, 20. Axtens, 21. Tolofua, 22. Ntamack, 23. Tauzin

Not exactly a full strength team, is it? Quelle surprise!!

7 academy players (Verhaeghe Marchand Neti Castets Tolofua Ntamack Tauzin) Selevasio Tolofua is the brother of Chris Tolofua gone to Saracens. Big baptism of fire for them. They won't win the Cup with that team but they'll gain game time they may not get in Top 14. Better than sit on bench.

Big baptism of fire for them.
Not really, this is a pretty injury bit sale side who haven't been playing well, have a halfback pairing who have never played together, no lock cover on the bench and an 18yr old who has never played pro rugby covering the entire backline.

The bookies have us as pretty heavy favourites for some reason, but I expect is to lose tbh

7 academy players (Verhaeghe Marchand Neti Castets Tolofua Ntamack Tauzin) Selevasio Tolofua is the brother of Chris Tolofua gone to Saracens. Big baptism of fire for them. They won't win the Cup with that team but they'll gain game time they may not get in Top 14. Better than sit on bench.

Quite right, too! These matches will give them invaluable experience and will stand them in good stead for when the play Top14 rugby.

Any idea how James O'Connor got on? I was surprised he wasn't kicking goals.
Pretty well,
Not sure how well he controlled the game as a 10 but his ball handling and running skills were class.

I imagine him not kicking has something to do with his recovery from his ankle surgery, as Sam James did the kick-offs and Faf the shots at goal

Krasny Yar beat Stade Francais 34-29! Wowsers! Weak Stade Francais or just a big performance from Krasny Yar?

Edinburgh put it over London Irish . The unpredictables turned on the gas and thrashed Irish 37 - 14 with 5 tries . When they are good they are very good and when they are bad etc etc Reckon a few teams who fancy their chances against them may be in for a shock .

Krasny Yar beat Stade Francais 34-29! Wowsers! Weak Stade Francais or just a big performance from Krasny Yar?

Stade Francais obviously don't like the cold. I now know why they got the game in Romania cancelled when it was a bit chilly. I've not been impressed by Krasny Yar from what I saw of them this year so this was a huge result, even if Stade Francais had their second string playing apparently. Highlights below:

Latest posts